Craig Shakespeare - Assistant Head Coach

PieFacE

3 minutes ago, hippo said:

Im smelling something here - either Terry is leaving (highly likely) - or its a clear warning to DS that should we start to flounder next season - the coaching team can at least in the short term carry on without him. Too many chiefs IMO.

Ah Terry's gone. This stacking the backroom with extra assistant stuff that's been spouted is nonsense. It's an out of the blue appointment because he's off, i think. Not overly fussed, think we've got an upgrade.

2 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Ah Terry's gone. This stacking the backroom with extra assistant stuff that's been spouted is nonsense. It's an out of the blue appointment because he's off, i think. Not overly fussed, think we've got an upgrade.

Rumours are JT is on the shortlist for the Bournemouth job so maybe getting our house in order before allowing him to go?

• Like 1

It's not unusual to have more than two coaches as well as the manager, in fact I bet most teams in the division have more than two coaches. Bruce had Agnew, Clemenece and Calderwood at one stage.

• Like 1

I have no idea what Terry's plans are, it looks like he's staying anyway and I think he'd get better experience working with an experienced team from varied backgrounds and trying to climb the league with us for a few years than jumping into a manager's job now. He only turns 40 at the end of the year so has plenty of time.

Edited by Sam-AVFC

28 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Mystic Dem nailed this one!

I never knew you were KTI, Dem!

😂😂😂 KTI

Knows The Info

Im starting a hash tag movement #DemsKTI

Edited by Demitri_C
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Villa bench spilling over next season

CFB7134A-DB3C-4C6A-B940-495B50A6790A.jpeg

Which pitch invasion is this? There have been so many recently due to our stupendous success.

Well when I mean success I mean a couple of flukely cup runs and a few barely deserved play off semi final wins.

19 minutes ago, useless said:

It's not unusual to have more than two coaches as well as the manager, in fact I bet most teams in the division have more than two coaches. Bruce had Agnew, Clemenece and Calderwood at one stage.

Yeah but, in Football Manager you have a Manager, an Assistant Manager, a Fitness Coach, a GK coach, and then regular coaches. Are you telling me you can deviate from the norm!?

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

@Fox1884 what’s your opinion on Shakespeare please my good sir?

He is a very good man manager and he usually is very well liked and involved with the players - which is why he got chucked in with the whole ridiculous player power thing when Ranieri was sacked

He is pretty well admired throughout the English game, and was involved in most of our recent success

I will say his actual managerial skills aren't quite there yet as he was pretty poor for us but he is very good at helping set up a team to be stable

Pretty good appointment!

Mackenzie and now Shakespeare... which of our other former staff are you getting next? haha

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Â