Craig Shakespeare - Assistant Head Coach

PieFacE

1 hour ago, villan-scott said:

Fantastic addition to the team. Highly regarded and seen as the brains behind Pearson I believe. 

I was quite enthusiastic about this appointment till you said that 🤣😂🤣

I think JT has really helped our Centre backs. Hause and Mings have even suggested as much. Personally I think  having JT here has been very beneficial to our inexperienced centre backs, remember Mings has only been a centre back for a season and a half.

We should look to keep JT for another season then he can have a cracking at management. 

Edited by Philosopher
  • Like 4

I think Terry's contact runs until 2021,but if you get the chance to bring in someone of Shakespeare's quality you do that regardless. Personally I think Terry has one eye on management positions this season so could be off at any point. 

Edited by Made In Aston
  • Like 3

Just now, Made In Aston said:

I think Terry's contact runs until 2021,but if you get the chance to bring in someone of Shakespeare's quality you do that regardless. Personally I think Terry has one eye on management positions this season so could be of at any point. 

I agree

10 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I was quite enthusiastic about this appointment till you said that 🤣😂🤣

Pearson and his staff were excellent at Watford and may well have kept them up. Shakespeare was also part of the backroom team when Leicester won the league and was attributed as having a major impact there. 

• Like 1

Craig was a cultured midfielder when playing, not at a great level, granted, but knows the art of the game.

I don't know his career intimately, but does strike me as a good egg.....and knows his Onions.

I hope he can be the cherry on the cake.

Welcome Craig.

Just now, Mjvilla said:

I don't know why but I suddenly feel hungry.

hungry for success....me too.

I have a good feeling about this appointment.

2 minutes ago, sne said:

Excellent news, I've been hoping that we'd bring in a bit more experience into the coaching set up.

That said I don't really know much about the bloke other than what's on his Wiki page.

Hope this doesn't turn into a tragedy with a Shakespeare and a guy from Denmark coming in.

There will be no " Comedy of errors" with him coaching.

• Like 1

Great appointment. We all know Terry will go be a manager at some point and his name is already mentioned for certain jobs so I see this as not only adding valuable experience but also a very proactive move.

Should Terry leave at some point, and he likely will within the next 12 months, we’ll be well prepared to cope without the need to be in a hurry looking for a replacement.

Living up to the motto for once.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

I think JT has really helped our Centre backs. Hause and Mings have even suggested as much. Personally I think  having JT here has been very beneficial to our inexperienced centre backs, remember Mings has only been a centre back for a season and a half.

We should look to keep JT for another season then he can have a cracking at management. 

This is the real benefit of having JT on the payroll.  As a player, JT's reading of the game was world class.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, sne said:

Excellent news, I've been hoping that we'd bring in a bit more experience into the coaching set up.

That said I don't really know much about the bloke other than what's on his Wiki page.

Hope this doesn't turn into a tragedy with a Shakespeare and a guy from Denmark coming in.

I think admin should give you a warning about cracking such high brow jokes on VT😉

• Haha 1

Â