Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

6 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Maybe I’ll just start supporting everyone (except SHA) so that I am happy with all transfers.

It won't work, our relation with Brentford is expectional. We took Smith to take us to the PL, that itself had a huge impact in our emotions to them. In the middle of the season. Then getting Konsa, and now hopefully Benrahma and Watkins. The relation between Brentford and Smith, got reflected by us I think. Plus they're a well run club that most people would admire, without having any deluded fans or whatever like some of the teams out there.

• Like 1

It's really hard to translate how a 26 goal striker in The Championship will do in The PL. 

However he only needs to score 12 goals to DOUBLE the output from this year's strike force. 

How many extra points would that earn us, especially if combined with an improvement in defence. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sidcow said:

It's really hard to translate how a 26 goal striker in The Championship will do in The PL. 

However he only needs to score 12 goals to DOUBLE the output from this year's strike force. 

How many extra points would that earn us, especially if combined with an improvement in defence. 

That’s the problem though the unknown.  Shevchenko was over 1 in 2 goal ratio and admired at Milan but then goes to Chelsea at 29, the peak of his career and scores 9 in 48 league games.  Torres was unstoppable at Liverpool but was bad at Chelsea.  Ings has gone from less than 1 in 3 goal ratio last season to unstoppable this season.  Wes was close to being on target for double figures this season aside from injury.  So I like Watkins but putting our eggs in one basket is risky so hopefully he would be on of two strikers we buy.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Maupay got 25 the season before playing in the PL, he got 10 for Brighton last season.

37 goals in 85 appearances for Brentford. 
10 goals in 37 appearances so far for Brighton. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Maupay got 25 the season before playing in the PL, he got 10 for Brighton last season.

Tammy got 15 (and 3 assists) too. Both decent returns for their first seasons stepping up to PL level, it definitely can be done and hopefully Watkins will do the same. 

19 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Wes got 6 in 22 in his first season as well so in the same ball park as Maupay if extrapolated.

I believe Wes would likely have got to double figures if it wasn't for his injury, he is our best striker by far (I know that doesn't mean a great deal!). For all we know he could have had a resurgence like Doug did following the break 

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, samjp26 said:

I believe Wes would likely have got to double figures if it wasn't for his injury, he is our best striker by far (I know that doesn't mean a great deal!). For all we know he could have had a resurgence like Doug did following the break 

I think he will, I think there is a real player in there

• Like 1

Â