Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

Was listening to the 1984 podcast with Bardell and Gregg Evans earlier and Gregg stated how he was led to believe we're definitely in for Watkins and are more keen to get him than Benrahma. He also said we could've got Watkins for £10m last summer but passed it up. 🙈

Edited by roonst83

1 minute ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I can't see anything from the Telegraph saying that, anyone?

See above mate, As I said earlier it’s going to be a long long couple of months

Watkins had a buy out clause in his contract for £10m, which was presumably removed when he signed a new deal with Brentford in August of last year. But this time last year he wasn't anywhere nearly as highly rated as he has become, he was getting goals and assists from the wing but was quite inconsistent performance wise, or so I saw the Brentford fans suggest at the time, so can't really blame the club for not wanting to buy him then.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I would want him even if he's not going to be first choice. Can't pass up on a prospect like this.

Prospect? He’s 24 not 18. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Twitter rumours seem to be picking up pace with this one. 

I'd like to get him over the line. I can see us bringing in another striker as well and moving on samatta and davis. 

davis just signed a new 1 yr contract on the 29th july so im not so sure he will be sold..maybe loaned out with ta view to buy hopefully

6 minutes ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

davis just signed a new 1 yr contract on the 29th july so im not so sure he will be sold..maybe loaned out with ta view to buy hopefully

Yeah, meant to say loan. We won't sell him yet. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

So far nothing to link him with us except a misinformed post, since withdrawn, and yet here we are, giving him his own thread and discussing the pros and cons of signing him; 24 pages worth.

Just don’t post in it if you’re not interested :)

Edited by alreadyexists
  • Like 1

He's been linked by John Percy and the BBC, that's about as reliable as you can get, if that doesn't quality the story for it's own thread then I'm not sure what does, the only thing that has been withdrawn is the suggestion that he's got a release clause, other than that it's being widely reported that we want him.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, useless said:

He's been linked by John Percy and the BBC, that's about as reliable as you can get, if that doesn't quality the story for it's own thread then I'm not sure what does, the only thing that has been withdrawn is the suggestion that he's got a release clause, other than that it's being widely reported that we want him.

And where are the threads for all the others who have been `widely reported'?

Â