Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

7 hours ago, brummybloke said:

With Exeter being my second club we need to get this done. I'm sure Exeter put a 25% sell on fee on him when he was sold ? 

Like the £18 million buy out clause, that wasn't, the sell on fee is 15%, still a good amount for Exeter to have, should bring them in a tidy £3m +, out of all the supposed clubs interested hope he come to you, I think he will be the perfect fit.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, jonjon said:

Like the £18 million buy out clause, that wasn't, the sell on fee is 15%, still a good amount for Exeter to have, should bring them in a tidy £3m +, out of all the supposed clubs interested hope he come to you, I think he will be the perfect fit.

I would prefer to buy the replacement you have lined up for him, Any ideas who he is ? 😁

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, jonjon said:

Got a source for that? 

On 09/08/2020 at 20:06, avfcDJ said:

Hey, I feel shit for you. I can’t imagine how you all feel after this season, coming so close. I hope you do it next season. 🤞

Thanks but we had 3 chances and failed,most teams only get 1.Apart from the money can’t think of any big disappointments on not playing in the PL I love the championship and being able to compete with the many big clubs in it.We will of course sell a few players and then wait to see if we manage  to replace and still improve which is a task we have been good at in the past.I was more gutted not being able to say goodby to Griffin Park but hopefully will be able to attend matches at our new stadium ASAP.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, brummybloke said:

With exeter being my second club we need to get this done. I'm sure exeter put a 25% sell on fee on him when he was sold ? 

9 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Got a source for that? 

He is correct.

One negative regarding Watkins playing central striker as is widely reported this is his first full season and our coaching staff can take a lot of credit.When Dean played him there a few times due to injuries to Maupay he was like a duck out of water.Hopefully Dean has studied how we now play him as you don’t want another Hogan situation who was excellent for us.If Oli goes anywhere I hope it’s to Villa.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Brentfordnylons said:

Apart from the money can’t think of any big disappointments on not playing in the PL I love the championship and being able to compete with the many big clubs in it.

I agree with this, the Premier is overrated and is a terrible league for all but a couple of the biggest teams fans and a handful of teams with very rich owners with big ego's. Good luck next season , the way Brentford is run is an example to 99% of other clubs including our very own, Aston Villa .

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Brentfordnylons said:

Thanks but we had 3 chances and failed,most teams only get 1.Apart from the money can’t think of any big disappointments on not playing in the PL I love the championship and being able to compete with the many big clubs in it.We will of course sell a few players and then wait to see if we manage  to replace and still improve which is a task we have been good at in the past.I was more gutted not being able to say goodby to Griffin Park but hopefully will be able to attend matches at our new stadium ASAP.

This pandemic couldn’t have come at a worse time for you and to be fair plenty of other clubs. In your case it’s more unfortunate in the sense that you’ve made plenty of progress this season as you’ve been able to hang on to players that you would ordinarily sell. The plan I believe was always that your new stadium will bring you more gate receipts and lessen the need to sell players. Hopefully we won’t all be playing in empty stadiums for any longer than necessary but it could be a fair old while yet. 

Looking at the bigger picture, if the current situation goes on for any significant length of time, I can’t see how many of the clubs in the lower divisions, with small amounts of TV money, can survive. 

I suppose you have the advantage of being well run and less dependent on gate receipts than many. It must be very disappointing though that you can’t use your new stadium and the increased finances that will bring. Hopefully you’ll be there soon. 

1 hour ago, Brentfordnylons said:

It's not much fun going from one of the dominant teams in the league to whipping boys tbf. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Got a source for that?

Take my word for it, it's fact, and definitely not from a newspaper "source" like the imaginary £18M buy out clause, also fact is that Exeter City would have received an extra £500,000 had we been prompted, so they can't be well pleased!!! , none of the true facts are that difficult to find using the tinternet thingy, just takes a little time sorting out true fact against imaginary tales, give it a go.  👍

9 minutes ago, jonjon said:

Take my word for it, it's fact, and definitely not from a newspaper "source" like the imaginary £18M buy out clause, also fact is that Exeter City would have received an extra £500,000 had we been prompted, so they can't be well pleased!!! , none of the true facts are that difficult to find using the tinternet thingy, just takes a little time sorting out true fact against imaginary tales, give it a go.  👍

Yeah, I think not. It's essentially 2 Brentford fans copying something from one Brentford forum on to a Villa forum. Fact is that you have no idea what the sell on percentage is. 

Took me one google search where a local claims the sell on fee percentage is 20%. That's slightly more credible source than mr JonJon on VT.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jonjon said:

like Hogan?

3 hours ago, Brentfordnylons said:

One negative regarding Watkins playing central striker as is widely reported this is his first full season and our coaching staff can take a lot of credit.When Dean played him there a few times due to injuries to Maupay he was like a duck out of water.Hopefully Dean has studied how we now play him as you don’t want another Hogan situation who was excellent for us.If Oli goes anywhere I hope it’s to Villa.

I'll bet Matthew Benham does too.

I think he breeds them for us and multiplies the buying price x 10

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Yeah, I think not. It's essentially 2 Brentford fans copying something from one Brentford forum on to a Villa forum. Fact is that you have no idea what the sell on percentage is. 

Took me one google search where a local claims the sell on fee percentage is 20%. That's slightly more credible source than mr JonJon on VT.

Whatever, So sorry to disappoint you, but I don't use any forums to do my research as over 90% is made up with untrue snippets from Twatterface and the like, or fans imaginary wish lists, unlike you who obviously do yours by your "local claim" on Google,  just spend a little time going through Exeter City's official website archives, or their accounts for that year via Companies House, they are very reliable, case closed, lets both move on, hope you have a good season, with or without Ollie!!

5 minutes ago, TRO said:

like Hogan?

Hogan was never a perfect fit for you, he got his desired move for more wages, then did nothing constructive at all from then on, I actually felt sorry for Steve Bruce, there was a player in there somewhere, but he was too lazy at times.

Â