Villa Kit 2020/1

AtkinsonWonderGoal

On 28/08/2020 at 19:15, jim said:

It’s a joke! Leaving money on the table.

There are at least 3 pieces I want to buy but can’t because I’m not an XL+ or a midget. Same issue last season as well. Pathetic. 

Heyy!! Fat midgets have this problem too!

• Haha 2

Are the regular fit sizes accurate or are they smaller like last season ? 
I had to return last seasons shirt as was far too tight , not sure if that was a slim fit though ,  I notice this year is described as regular fit - is it a decent fit or still tight ? 

This year's feels about the same to me as last year's, maybe a tiny bit smaller in the chest but that could just be within the acceptable margins. The longer sleeves are noticeable but if you've got longer arms, they're wonderful.

• Like 2

On 30/08/2020 at 14:39, OutByEaster? said:

Quick quiz.

You own a coffee shop that opens from 07:30 to 20:30 each day, and you've decided to sell cake, because cake will help boost your income.

You're a bit worried because although cake is quite profitable, it's pretty expensive to buy in, so you haven't bought too much cake - you want to make sure you don't end up throwing a load of cake in the bin at the end of the day, that'd cost you a fortune.

On the first day you opened, you've sold out of cake (you've got a couple of vegan cookies left) and it's 07:53.

You have a queue of people that want cake.

Have you got your ordering correct?

To extend this.  Day 2 arrives (where demand is expected to be similar or identical to day 1), and you stock up on exactly the same volume of cake.

Have you learnt your lesson from day 1?

• Like 1

I just got the goal keeping orange one come through today. Came very quick which was great.

Have to say the size is better than last year (unless ive lost weight) its not tight like last years. The quality seems very good too

• Like 1

I don't get the stock argument at all, these things cost about £3 to make, and they sell them for £50 aprox

So what if they have loads left over at the end of the season, better to have enough to meet the demand than have excess stock which can be sold in a sale or gifted to growing nations

my biggest problem with the stock issue is that their answer last season was seemingly to release more stuff

the navy blue, claret and white training tops sold out after 2 weeks so their answer was to bring out a yellow one, when that sold out they brought out a green one, then the pride one, then a black one, then the 2 retro ones...

• Like 1

On 30/08/2020 at 14:39, OutByEaster? said:

Quick quiz.

You own a coffee shop that opens from 07:30 to 20:30 each day, and you've decided to sell cake, because cake will help boost your income.

You're a bit worried because although cake is quite profitable, it's pretty expensive to buy in, so you haven't bought too much cake - you want to make sure you don't end up throwing a load of cake in the bin at the end of the day, that'd cost you a fortune.

On the first day you opened, you've sold out of cake (you've got a couple of vegan cookies left) and it's 07:53.

You have a queue of people that want cake.

Have you got your ordering correct?

hmm, cake.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I just got the goal keeping orange one come through today. Came very quick which was great.

Have to say the size is better than last year (unless ive lost weight) its not tight like last years. The quality seems very good too

The humblest of brags😄

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

my biggest problem with the stock issue is that their answer last season was seemingly to release more stuff

the navy blue, claret and white training tops sold out after 2 weeks so their answer was to bring out a yellow one, when that sold out they brought out a green one, then the pride one, then a black one, then the 2 retro ones...

I'm not at all against this - if ever time they released a training kit it was labelled as a special edition or a limited run it'd be great - you could pick up that training top that was only available for three months and know that it's almost unique - but they don't do this - everything that is released is labelled as the one of its type for the season. Kappa are a strange company. Fanatics are even stranger and (in my opinion) a bit shit.

5 hours ago, villa4europe said:

the navy blue, claret and white training tops sold out after 2 weeks so their answer was to bring out a yellow one, when that sold out they brought out a green one, then the pride one, then a black one, then the 2 retro tops

Cant see it being long until

Pre getting on the coach to the ground top

On the coach to the ground top

Off the coach into the ground top

Dressing room top

Warm up top

Walk into the stadium top pre kick off

Pre kick off top

Match kit 

All available for a very reasonable £39.99, unless it's the match kit which will cost an extra 20 quid, 40 quid more if you want player issue, and that's if you cant fit into it

15 years ago you could walk into sports direct and buy the latest villa shirt for 30 quid. How times change 

Edited by Jimzk5

Kappa takes a lot of heat, but my new away shirt and training quarter zip came today, and I’m very pleased with both.

The kit is *slightly* bigger in size this year, but I’m certainly still glad I ordered a size up. The material feels much better than last year, much less cheap feeling. I also adore the rubber badge.

• Like 1

Â