Villa Kit 2020/1

AtkinsonWonderGoal

In the club shop now, not a single piece of training gear in medium, the only thing they have in large is 1 of the claret tops

Same old shit

And you can't try anything on which with kappa is a non starter 

Edited by villa4europe
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, villa4europe said:

In the club shop now, not a single piece of training gear in medium, the only thing they have in large is 1 of the claret tops

Same old shit

It’s a joke! Leaving money on the table.

There are at least 3 pieces I want to buy but can’t because I’m not an XL+ or a midget. Same issue last season as well. Pathetic. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, jim said:

There are at least 3 pieces I want to buy but can’t because I’m not an XL+ or a midget. Same issue last season as well. Pathetic. 

Understand your frustration, but having massive excessive inventory is leaving money on the table just like not being able to keep things in stock. Pick your poison.

4 hours ago, MNVillan said:

Understand your frustration, but having massive excessive inventory is leaving money on the table just like not being able to keep things in stock. Pick your poison.

Hmmmm.

When you're talking about Grealish getting 100,00k per week. How many bloody shirts does a tenth of that manufacture? How many shirts would Lansburys salary every-week offset?

I think it's terrible that the official club shop has run out of medium sizes in ANYTHING a couple of weeks after the new range was launched. What kind of clown is running retail there?

• Like 2

15 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Same old shit

And you can't try anything on which with kappa is a non starter 

11 hours ago, jim said:

It's becoming an absolute clown show in all honesty.

37 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Hmmmm.

When you're talking about Grealish getting 100,00k per week. How many bloody shirts does a tenth of that manufacture? How many shirts would Lansburys salary every-week offset?

I think it's terrible that the official club shop has run out of medium sizes in ANYTHING a couple of weeks after the new range was launched. What kind of clown is running retail there?

Is your argument they should pay Grealish less so you can find a shirt that fits?

2 hours ago, VillaHatesMe said:

Is your argument they should pay Grealish less so you can find a shirt that fits?

No, the point is that it'd be a drop in the ocean to have a bit of extra stock in the most popular sizes. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MNVillan said:

I get not having stock 2/3’s through the season but not having anything a couple of weeks after launch is a joke.

They should have used last years data and made less of the bigger sizes and more of the more popular sizes and restock with regular small refreshes until demand slows. 

• Like 4

If nothing else the companies that pays a lot of money to have their logo on the shirts should be interested in getting as many jerseys out on the street as possible.

Can't really fathom how this can continue to be an issue despite us changing owners multiple times, changing pretty much everyone who works in and around the club and changing suppliers, brands and sponsors.

On 29/08/2020 at 00:41, MNVillan said:

Of course. But it's **** August. They have a year to sell this shit, and they're selling out of stuff right around the launch when people are most keen to buy it. And it's the same every year. I could understand running out of things and not keeping the stock replenished towards the tail end of the season, but it's a shambles, and they haven't learned from the last few years.

You can't even get a home shirt. They're on order, if you order now you should get one in the first week of December. Whoever heads up our retail and supply should probably be sacked, in all honesty. A lead time of over 3 months?!

Edited by Davkaus

52 minutes ago, sne said:

If nothing else the companies that pays a lot of money to have their logo on the shirts should be interested in getting as many jerseys out on the street as possible.

Can't really fathom how this can continue to be an issue despite us changing owners multiple times, changing pretty much everyone who works in and around the club and changing suppliers, brands and sponsors.

It's got to be something at the club's end, you'd think. Do the manufacturer just ask us how many we want?

"Well, we'll need at least 10 for the match day squad, oh and the substitutes of course...Then there's the game a week after. Shall we round it up to 50 and leave a few spare for the fans?"

• Like 1

On 29/08/2020 at 08:58, jim said:

I get not having stock 2/3’s through the season but not having anything a couple of weeks after launch is a joke.

They should have used last years data and made less of the bigger sizes and more of the more popular sizes and restock with regular small refreshes until demand slows. 

It's a valid point Jim and you would thunk we as a club would have learned by now.

It's also laughable when you see they still have 100+ women's away shirts last season that they cannot shift.

18 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Quick quiz.

You own a coffee shop that opens from 07:30 to 20:30 each day, and you've decided to sell cake, because cake will help boost your income.

You're a bit worried because although cake is quite profitable, it's pretty expensive to buy in, so you haven't bought too much cake - you want to make sure you don't end up throwing a load of cake in the bin at the end of the day, that'd cost you a fortune.

On the first day you opened, you've sold out of cake (you've got a couple of vegan cookies left) and it's 07:53.

You have a queue of people that want cake.

Have you got your ordering correct?

Good analogy indeed. I would also enter a countered scenario whereby, if you know there's a market for cake out there, but you're left with a lot of cake that needs to go in the bin at the end of each day, have you got your recipe and pricing correct?

Either way, it's a shambles!

If Kappa and AVFC are confident in the design, know their marketplace (arguably easier to know the metrics here than simply launching a range of generic sports clothing), wish to promote both brands across the world, and naturally want the revenue from the sales, they really need to up their game. 

As an aside, I live in Dubai but tried to send a friend in the UK a Villa top for her young son as a birthday present, and it was a nightmare! They had very little experience in getting international deals over the line, which required numerous calls to the call centre, which resulted in the stock answer of "we get this a lot with overseas customers - our system doesn't like it." Money left on the table!

Edited by StanBalaban

Â