Villa Kit 2020/1

AtkinsonWonderGoal

9 hours ago, MNVillan said:

Kappa takes a lot of heat, but my new away shirt and training quarter zip came today, and I’m very pleased with both.

The kit is *slightly* bigger in size this year, but I’m certainly still glad I ordered a size up. The material feels much better than last year, much less cheap feeling. I also adore the rubber badge.

How do you find the 1/4 zip size wise? Is it a base layer or can you wear something underneath it? I’ve got one on order for delivery May 21.

6 hours ago, jim said:

How do you find the 1/4 zip size wise? Is it a base layer or can you wear something underneath it? I’ve got one on order for delivery May 21.

I sized up in it. The body fits really well with a tee shirt underneath. Sleeves are a bit long but I think that’s the design of it with thumb holes. Pleased with it overall.

May 21st??  I didn’t know the club started using turtles for deliveries. Makes business sense though, probably don’t have to pay them much.

1 hour ago, MNVillan said:

I sized up in it. The body fits really well with a tee shirt underneath. Sleeves are a bit long but I think that’s the design of it with thumb holes. Pleased with it overall.

May 21st??  I didn’t know the club started using turtles for deliveries. Makes business sense though, probably don’t have to pay them much.

Cheers I’ve gone for a large and was worried it was too big to show off my rippling torso. No it was my attempt at sarcasm, they are available for pre-order now although once again the sensible sizes have sold out. 

• Haha 1

On 03/09/2020 at 14:57, MNVillan said:

I got the XL last year and it fit well, slightly loose but not baggy,

Do you think a large this year would fit better or is the size difference not that significant.

I have to order online as I can't get the kit in Ireland. Usually like to try it in first but the last couple of seasons I had to take the gamble and just order it,

I'm normally a medium in most other tops

11 hours ago, Ben said:

I got the XL last year and it fit well, slightly loose but not baggy,

Do you think a large this year would fit better or is the size difference not that significant.

I have to order online as I can't get the kit in Ireland. Usually like to try it in first but the last couple of seasons I had to take the gamble and just order it,

I'm normally a medium in most other tops

Can only speak towards kit because I didn’t get any training wear last year, but the size difference in the shirt is minimal. There’s a touch more room in the body, but nothing anywhere near significant enough for me to recommend people going down a size. If you were happy with the fit last year, stick with the same size this year. Unless of course some quarantine weight has been put on

1 hour ago, MNVillan said:

Can only speak towards kit because I didn’t get any training wear last year, but the size difference in the shirt is minimal. There’s a touch more room in the body, but nothing anywhere near significant enough for me to recommend people going down a size. If you were happy with the fit last year, stick with the same size this year. Unless of course some quarantine weight has been put on

🤣🤣 Appreciate that thanks.

No weight put on. I've been working through the vivid crisis as normal so no difference to me.

Was fat last year and still the same fatness this year

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, skarroki said:

When was the 3rd kit revealed last season? Was it at some point during the season or before it started?

It was at least a month into the season. They even teased it between team news and kickoff for a match they didn’t even wear it for. 

Effing up kit releases, it’s the Villa way.

7 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Mings' shirt ripped, that's the second one in 2 games after Douglas against United.

They player issues one are so thin. I have last seasons player issue shirt without the sponsor. While it’s a lovely shirt, especially without the sponsor, it’s paper thin!

I don’t expect the standard fans version to be so thin!

2 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Lettering on my kazoo is already cracking. Dog shite kit this year.

Last years was a top fit aswell.

The print on the sponsor does look really weak just from seeing it on a screen, I can only imagine what it's like in person. 

went to the clubshop and it was closed last week due to the game , the holte shop was open but no sizes or printing was told to come back. Went home and ordered from kitbag and it arrived today with the printing already peeling off. Sadly last seasons kit woes are still with us

Edited by mattyvilla

26 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

The print on the sponsor does look really weak just from seeing it on a screen, I can only imagine what it's like in person. 

It's been worn twice and washed once on a gentle wash. All letters are all creased ready to crack, few already cracked. All the inner printwork is gone.

Shame. Last years one is still holding up and I wear it every week once or twice for five a side. 

Â