Villa Kit 2020/1

AtkinsonWonderGoal

The Luke and Kappa kits are both manufactured by the same people aren't they? I am sure we have this conversation every 6 months. In fact I don't even think Luke had too much a say in the design of the famous kit.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, omariqy said:

The Luke and Kappa kits are both manufactured by the same people aren't they? I am sure we have this conversation every 6 months. In fact I don't even think Luke had too much a say in the design of the famous kit.

Correct, certainly last years and the Luke kits were manufactured by Fanatics.

21 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Can't agree with that train of thought. This year's kits are the boring ones. The away is ok, but I still think it's weird.

The Luke ones are the best kits we've had for 30 years to be honest

Not a chance.  I have already stated on here I can not see the love in with Luke.  Luke didnt design or manufacturer the kit, just stuck a bloody ugly looking badge on it that looked cheap.

I disliked the home kit and the white away was okay but as some said a bit boring.

Gold Standard for me is 74-81

But you state last 30 years hence the reply and not a chance.  The Umbro kits for example from the first part of that period out do luke easily.  Includes the round neck with strings.

We have had some disgusting kits in that time, mainly anything involving thick stripes.   Last years 3rd kit is really nice when you see it in real life , just I dont see it as a Villa kit due to the colours.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NIVillan said:

The Umbro kits for example from the first part of that period out do luke easily.  Includes the round neck with strings.

Never understood anyone liking this kit. Maybe it's just a nostalgia thing I don't get as I was only a toddler. It looks like it was designed by a person equally obsessed with medieval larping and Villa that couldn't decide which of their great loves they wanted to show off.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, NIVillan said:

Not a chance.  I have already stated on here I can not see the love in with Luke.  Luke didnt design or manufacturer the kit, just stuck a bloody ugly looking badge on it that looked cheap.

Well I don't really care about that. Whoever designed it, they're the nicest kits we've had in 30 years, imo. My admiration of the kits has nothing to do with Luke. In fact I see Luke as a very chavvy clothing brand (no offence anyone) so my admiration of the kit is in spite of Luke, if anything.

12 minutes ago, NIVillan said:

But you state last 30 years hence the reply and not a chance.  The Umbro kits for example from the first part of that period out do luke easily.  Includes the round neck with strings.

Well I disagree. Whilst those kits are iconic I don't actually think they're that nice. But even if they are, that's one set of kits from 30 years ago so not a bad estimation.

It's all about opinions isn't it? I don't see anything special about this year's kits at all. The home kit is almost identical to half a dozen kits we've had over the past 25 or so years but with weird fits, weird sleeves, and weird sponsor/badge placements. 

The away kit is nicer but again I think the collar is very weird and the blue pinstripes don't really work. Blue and black isn't a great combination, again in my opinion

Edited by Stevo985

2 hours ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Never understood anyone liking this kit. Maybe it's just a nostalgia thing I don't get as I was only a toddler. It looks like it was designed by a person equally obsessed with medieval larping and Villa that couldn't decide which of their great loves they wanted to show off.

That, though I never liked the kit to wear because of the medieval larping.

But probably remembered fondly it will be associated with one of the Best Villa Teams over past 30 years when they were runners up under Big Ron.

I liked the previous season Umbro white away that had a black and blue boxes on the sleeves.

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Well I don't really care about that. Whoever designed it, they're the nicest kits we've had in 30 years, imo. My admiration of the kits has nothing to do with Luke. In fact I see Luke as a very chavvy clothing brand (no offence anyone) so my admiration of the kit is in spite of Luke, if anything.

Well I disagree. Whilst those kits are iconic I don't actually think they're that nice. But even if they are, that's one set of kits from 30 years ago so not a bad estimation.

It's all about opinions isn't it? I don't see anything special about this year's kits at all. The home kit is almost identical to half a dozen kits we've had over the past 25 or so years but with weird fits, weird sleeves, and weird sponsor/badge placements. 

The away kit is nicer but again I think the collar is very weird and the blue pinstripes don't really work. Blue and black isn't a great combination, again in my opinion

Im undecided about this years kits as I have not seen them up close.   I liked when it released the yellow Macron Shirt and my son wanted it but up close I went straight of it and the material just felt so cheap and thin.

Personally feel some of the 2000s kits were far better than that Luke Kit, just they are associated with total shite teams.

2 hours ago, MarkLillis said:

Are we having a third kit this year?

Depends if kappa have replaced the fuse in the sewing machine they use. It can be the only explanation for the shocking lack of availability on the club shop already 

• Like 1

On 25/08/2020 at 08:33, Jimzk5 said:

M and m direct have last years third kit on sale for £19.99 if anyone still after one

https://www.mandmdirect.com/01/details/KP960/Kappa-Mens-AVFC-Aston-Villa-Kombat-Third-Jersey-Dark-Green-Black-Red

Worth pointing out that the only size still available would fit this chap but not many other people.

spacer.png

2 hours ago, The Moustache of Teale said:

Worth pointing out that the only size still available would fit this chap but not many other people.

spacer.png

Given kappas sizing issues the 4XL top wouldn't fit on barry Austin's left shin 

Â