Villa Kit 2020/1

AtkinsonWonderGoal

Potentially unpopular opinion: I don’t like white away kits. Too boring. Give me a classy away kit and a crazy third kit. Have loved our 3rd kit the past two years.

lots of teams starting to release their new kits. I doubt we’ll see ours until the end of this season.

Our new kits will be launched just before the new season and then sell out immediately, leaving loads of people moaning that they can’t get them. Seems to be the standard Villa kit release way. 

I stopped buying them for a few years until we got relegated, them I bought one for what I thought then was novelty value. A one season in the championship memento! Then I had to buy the Luke Roper home shirt as it was so different. Then of course I got this years blue away shirt to celebrate being back in the PL. I don’t think I’ll bother with next season’s now, whatever league we’re in. 

10 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

Our new kits will be launched just before the new season and then sell out immediately, leaving loads of people moaning that they can’t get them. Seems to be the standard Villa kit release way. 

yep, I think the club are purposefully restricting the stock rather than flooding the market and not selling them, the availability of the Luke kits wasn't good but the kappa kits and especially the training gear has been really poor, you cant actually buy half of the training stuff

Hasnt our spinswrshop deal expired now? Despite the seasain going on why cant the show the next kit?

I hope its not white either.  We had so many of them over the years.  Have a feeling it might be a black or yellow away kit this time round. Havent had a yellow in a few years so wouldnt suprise me

I liked the navy range they did this year. That navy as a way kit would be great

• Like 1

I know. I mean how hard is it to launch a kit  before  the start of the season (well at least pre Covid)?

Villa always seem to be one of the last and you think the peak time for buying this tat is in the summer hols.

I think the worst was the first year of the nike deal in the MON days. I thought Villa had finally got into the big time with a massive kit manufacturer. I don't think the away kit was available until October/November time.

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

kappa will never change their shape and fit though and they're **** garbage

They're not too bad really, you've just got to buy 2 sizes up from your normal size.  Which is why I'll be waiting to see what the tarpaulin range is before pulling the trigger.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

56 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

Have to remind myself this year to reserve judgement on the kits til I see them in the pitch. Absolutely hated this year's green at first but I now think it looks amazing when we play in them

Yes hated the third kit at first (Stilkl do the 90s kit that inspired it) but when it became cheap I bought it for my boys.  As a football kit it is pretty nice and tsands out when they are football training.  

As a Villa kit Im not so sure.  As a purist the kits from 74-81 are my ideal templates of kits.

11 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Our away kit should be black as a reference to our old black kit with the big red lion on it. Can never get black as a kit wrong. Surely?

Need to be big enough contrast to the home kit thou and since that is usually pretty dark as well we might need a lighter color than black.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sne said:

Need to be big enough contrast to the home kit thou and since that is usually pretty dark as well we might need a lighter color than black.

Go away with your common sense and your logical reasoning. 😂

• Haha 1

Â