U.S. Presidential Election 2020

maqroll

U.S. Presidential Election 2020  

125 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

1 minute ago, mjmooney said:

Yep. They basically cut him off and said "This is nonsense". 

That’s big. Clearly he was talking shite, but you’d expect most networks to wait until he’d finished and then tear it apart. 

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

so going by the BBC's map, if Biden wins Nevada and Arizona as is expected he hits the 270.

If he overtakes Trump in PA and GA which now also looks likely he's looking at over 300 votes.

Suddenly it's the landslide we all hoped for isn't it? (relatively speaking)

'Landslide' is so TrumpTalk, he won with 305 in 2016 if I remember correctly

a YUGE win, never seen before, everyone is saying it. 🙄  

300 would be a clear win, nothing more. One needs 350 to say it's a 'landslide' in my opinion (of course everyone has a different bar set for this)

13 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

This has been one of the most astonishing episodes in American history. What on earth will future historians make of it? 

Biden was a nonce and Trump was the reincarnation of Beelzebub

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

So when I see comments from the British thickos (can’t think of a better way to generalise them, you know the type) they all say Biden is a peado.  What is the basis for this?

He's a seriously weird and creepy guy. This kind of thing fuelled it

Of course you've also got Trump finding excuses to go in to beauty pageant dressing rooms. What a pair to choose from, eh. 

Edited by Davkaus
  • Sad 1

Just now, AXD said:

'Landslide' is so TrumpTalk, he won with 305 in 2016 if I remember correctly

a YUGE win, never seen before, everyone is saying it. 🙄  

300 would be a clear win, nothing more. One needs 350 to say it's a 'landslide' in my opinion (of course everyone has a different bar set for this)

Yeah see my responses above. Landslide was the wrong word to use. Relatively speaking, given the circumstances, it's a big big win (if it pans out that way)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jareth said:

If it replaces Trump I'd even accept Saville.

I'm just giving some context to @Wainy316question, not coming to the defence of the Donald. 

It's a pretty woeful selection standard that this is what the two parties could come up with out of the US population though. Two creepy old men that seem to be losing their marbles. 

• Like 2

I can’t help feeling that future U.S. elections would be more dignified and clear cut and democratic by simply selecting 2 young representatives from each state and having them fight to the death in a large reality TV setting.

8 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Random question, how come Nebraska and Maine are the only states (as far as I can tell) where Electoral votes are split?

States can decide for themselves how they allocate their electoral votes - they are the only states that have decided to split it.

(It's unlikely parties would push for bigger, more important states to split their electoral votes - if, for example California did this, it would be like Democrats unilaterally surrendering circa 10-12 electoral college votes for no benefit)

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

States can decide for themselves how they allocate their electoral votes - they are the only states that have decided to split it.

(It's unlikely parties would push for bigger, more important states to split their electoral votes - if, for example California did this, it would be like Democrats unilaterally surrendering circa 10-12 electoral college votes for no benefit)

That sounds like a far more sensible and representative way to do it to be honest, but yeah can understand why they haven't pushed for it!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah see above. Landslide was the wrong word to use. But it's still a considerable margin given the circumstances, and especially as 3 days ago we were all seriously considering a Trump victory was possible

If you listened to Trump after the 2016 one, his victory was the biggest ever, and this could be identical so...

Â