U.S. Presidential Election 2020

maqroll

U.S. Presidential Election 2020  

125 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

Just now, Wainy316 said:

So when I see comments from the British thickos (can’t think of a better way to generalise them, you know the type) they all say Biden is a peado.  What is the basis for this?

lack of connected braincells?

1 minute ago, Wainy316 said:

So when I see comments from the British thickos (can’t think of a better way to generalise them, you know the type) they all say Biden is a peado.  What is the basis for this?

Is it linked to "Pizzagate" and the Q-Anon nonsense? 

1 minute ago, Wainy316 said:

So when I see comments from the Brexit Party supporters (can’t think of a better way to generalise them, you know the type) they all say Biden is a peado.  What is the basis for this?

FTFY

8 hours ago, StanBalaban said:

MSNBC decided to stop airing him, which I imagine will enrage him even further. 🤣

This is obviously great.

But it will clearly play into Trump and his supporters' hands. I can already hear them screaming about how the media are covering it up and won't let him speak and they're all in on it.

The whole thing is thoroughly depressing.

so going by the BBC's map, if Biden wins Nevada and Arizona as is expected he hits the 270.

If he overtakes Trump in PA and GA which now also looks likely he's looking at over 300 votes.

Suddenly it's the landslide we all hoped for isn't it? (relatively speaking)

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

This is obviously great.

But it will clearly play into Trump and his supporters' hands. I can already hear them screaming about how the media are covering it up and won't let him speak and they're all in on it.

The whole thing is thoroughly depressing.

Did they a actually speak over him when it was live? Wow, huge if so.

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

so going by the BBC's map, if Biden wins Nevada and Arizona as is expected he hits the 270.

If he overtakes Trump in PA and GA which now also looks likely he's looking at over 300 votes.

It's certainly bang in line with many of the pre-election predictions. I'd hesitate to use the word landslide though.

Trump will basically have taken Florida and North Carolina of the dozen states thought to seriously be in play.

Edited by ml1dch

Just now, Genie said:

Did they a actually speak over him when it was live? Wow, huge if so.

According to that video they interrupted after about 30 seconds when it was clear he was talking gibberish.

Which like I said is admirable in a way but can you imagine the reaction from his camp at that? Plays right into their hands in a way

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

I really don't think anyone should see it like this for the reasons that @LondonLaxmentioned earlier, i.e. the sheer number of Americans who voted for Trump and who could well vote for a more polished Trumpian candidate next time around.

I really don't think that a swearing in of Biden in January would be anything more than a build up to an even worse possible presidential situation next time around (i.e. 2024 with a more than competent populist).

I mean we've all been there, we've alienated the room, someone should really have stepped in and told us to shut it but nobody does and then everyone falls silence and just stares at you. Trump's done that on a world stage. Possibly one of my favourite moments in life so far. 

1 minute ago, ml1dch said:

It's certainly bang in line with many of the pre-election predictions. I'd hesitate to use the word landslide though.

Trump will basically have taken Florida and North Carolina of the dozen states thought to seriously be in play.

Yeah the landslide part was talking relatively. For an incumbent in this day and age to lose by that margin would be devastating, but agreed I guess landslide isn't the right term

Just now, snowychap said:

I really don't think anyone should see it like this for the reasons that @LondonLaxmentioned earlier, i.e. the sheer number of Americans who voted for Trump and who could well vote for a more polished Trumpian candidate next time around.

I really don't think that a swearing in of Biden in January would be anything more than a build up to an even worse possible presidential situation next time around (i.e. 2024 with a more than competent populist).

Yeah see above. Landslide was the wrong word to use. But it's still a considerable margin given the circumstances, and especially as 3 days ago we were all seriously considering a Trump victory was possible

• Like 1

Â