U.S. Presidential Election 2020

maqroll

U.S. Presidential Election 2020  

125 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

54 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

I've had barely anything else on but CNN for about 75 hours now.  The music when they cut to and from ad breaks will live with me forever.

So you’re getting fair and balanced reporting of the issue then.

Edited by hycus-flange
  • Haha 1

The junior trumps making friends. Link

Trump sons attack Republicans for 'weak' backing

President Donald Trump's two sons have rebuked Republicans for failing to back the president as he struggles to win re-election.

Mr Trump's eldest son Don Jr accused the party of being "weak". His brother Eric warned: "Our voters will never forget you if your [sic] sheep!"

The spat reflects an emerging rift between Trump disciples and the party. 

The election still hangs in the balance but Democratic candidate Joe Biden appears to be closing in on victory.

Mr Trump has vowed to mount legal challenges to the vote-counting process after claiming, without evidence, that there is widespread voter fraud.

Senior Republicans such as Utah Senator Mitt Romney and Maryland Governor Larry Hogan have warned against undermining the democratic process.

Latest news as wait for votes goes on 

Ways Americans are coping with a looooong wait

But Don Jr, who is thought to have political aspirations of his own, reserved his ire for those who may be eyeing up a presidential run in 2024.

He wrote on Twitter: "The total lack of action from virtually all of the '2024 GOP [Republican] hopefuls' is pretty amazing. 

"They have a perfect platform to show that they're willing & able to fight but they will cower to the media mob instead. Don't worry @realDonaldTrump will fight & they can watch as usual!"

The tweet was in response to one from Mike Cernovich, a men's rights activist and Trump supporter, who had criticised the president's former UN ambassador, Nikki Haley.

She is widely thought to be preparing a White House bid in 2024.

1 hour ago, Wainy316 said:

This is seriously affecting my productivity, thought I'd be back to normal by Thursday.  How much work have fellow VTers managed since Tuesday?  

It’s like the Rashica thread again, only this actually matters, and with less gifs. 

• Haha 2

as much as it was fundamentally depressing to see how many oversized amoeba had voted for Trump on wednesday morning, at least there is now some satisfaction in this death by a thousand cuts that the orange clearing in the woods has to sit through. sulky baby. it is at least hilarious. Obviously the problem of the cult is here to stay, but for now, at least the demise of one individual can at least provide a small lifeboat of bliss amid the ocean of sewage that has been 2020 ( or 2015 onwards I guess )

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, hycus-flange said:

Where would you suggest going for the "yes, the Democratic establishment is rigging the election, but strangely doing it in such a way that they lose seats in the House and fail to take their Senate targets" version of the story?

Is there any news channel that is reporting anything other than "bloke with more votes currently winning election"?

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I'd quite like to watch Fox News for even more lols but it isn't on Sky any more.

I've got you covered, pal. Top left.

https://www.foxnews.com/elections/2020/general-results/live-updates

(not sponsored by Tucker Carlsson, crazy pill ads or any of the incumbent presenters on Fox News)

Edited by magnkarl
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, hycus-flange said:

CNN are presenting facts. If it seems one sided that is because one person is lying through their teeth. 

Sure, CNN have anti Trump sentiment to say the least, and you can blame the man himself for that, but facts are facts and CNN is presenting those facts.

The truth has nothing to fear from investigation.

Donald Trump is terrified.

• Like 2

Â