U.S. Presidential Election 2020

maqroll

U.S. Presidential Election 2020  

125 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Someone in The Republican Party should surely be able to reign him in? He's making America a global embarrassment. 

I get the feeling that Pence has been waiting in the shadows the last few days so that he can "concede" for Trump and that the Republicans will cut him loose when it's clear that not even litigating will win them the election. They've kept the senate and have their supermajority on the Supreme Court, they don't need Trump anymore.

1 minute ago, The Fun Factory said:

MSNBC and the other main non fox networks just cut him off and to borrow  a phrase told the nation he was speaking a load of malarkey.

The problem is about 90% of republican voters don't watch normal news channels and thus will believe whatever Trump says in a massive echo-chamber. Frightening.

I meant legally. No matter who you are. You can't just openly accuse innocent public servants going about their business of fraud on global TV. 

I wonder how many Americans watching that speech would have regretted their vote. 

OK. There are loads of nutters but there must have been millions of reasonably sensible people who voted for him that regret it after that. 

Edited by sidcow

3 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

If you lived through the last 4 years and then voted Trump, what is it about Trump today that would make you think you’d misjudged him?

Yeah I agree. He has said such nonsense, hatred, lies etc for the last four years. That speech was, well normal for him. No one has changed their minds after seeing that.

1 minute ago, Withnail said:

Yeah I agree. He has said such nonsense, hatred, lies etc for the last four years. That speech was, well normal for him. No one has changed their minds after seeing that.

Not only normal, but he's been telegraphing it for months in advance. Pretty much all of us, I'm willing to bet, have been waiting for that speech to happen ever since Tuesday night.

Surprising it ain't.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

I get the feeling that Pence has been waiting in the shadows the last few days so that he can "concede" for Trump and that the Republicans will cut him loose when it's clear that not even litigating will win them the election. They've kept the senate and have their supermajority on the Supreme Court, they don't need Trump anymore.

Republicans could well lose control of the Senate.

Georgia has a run-off rule - if no candidate gets >50% then they go to a 2-way contest between the top 2 candidates.

Republicans will probably be favourites, but definitely possible for Senate to end up 50/50 which would give Kamala Harris the deciding vote in any deadlock. Basically means Biden would be able to implement a proper political programme without the Republicans shitting all over it.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, KentVillan said:

Republicans could well lose control of the Senate.

Georgia has a run-off rule - if no candidate gets >50% then they go to a 2-way contest between the top 2 candidates.

Republicans will probably be favourites, but definitely possible for Senate to end up 50/50 which would give Kamala Harris the deciding vote in any deadlock. Basically means Biden would be able to implement a proper political programme without the Republicans shitting all over it.

There is actually also a chance the same thing could happen in Alaska but their special vote counting practice means it will take days to find out. 

• Like 1

I still am unable to let myself believe that:

1. Biden will actually get to 270 before the electoral votes have to be cast in December

2. Trump will not come out with some bat-shit play that gains traction and creates a huge crisis

It's like supporting Villa. Just when you get your hopes up that it's gong well something will come along and kick you in the bolloxs.

Also, 2 guys just showed up at the Philadelphia town hall in a Hummer armed to the teeth and were quickly arrested. Great news!

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

I still am unable to let myself believe that:

1. Biden will actually get to 270 before the electoral votes have to be cast in December

2. Trump will not come out with some bat-shit play that gains traction and creates a huge crisis

It's like supporting Villa. Just when you get your hopes up that it's gong well something will come along and kick you in the bolloxs.

Also, 2 guys just showed up at the Philadelphia town hall in a Hummer armed to the teeth and were quickly arrested. Great news!

I think 1) will probably happen, what with Trump votes share going down significantly in Georgia & Pennsylvania. However I am also worried about 2).

To be honest the more states Biden wins and the more of a “landslide” it is the better. Would be nicer to have those states confirmed for Biden so Trump has to make his move and we go into the next phase of crazy politics.

You’d hope that people that voted for Trump would be utterly ashamed of themselves, but I’m certain 99% of them won’t be. He’s their president, this is what they wanted.

Can’t they get Donald on a TV show or something where he’ll actually come up against someone who will give him a dose of reality? It’s obvious he never speaks to anyone who tells him no, or that he’s being an idiot. Everyone in his camp must be

awkward uncomfortable smile GIF by Originals

Edited by Genie

Â