Match Thread: Leicester v Villa

limpid

An utter shambles. Again. We don’t seem to have anything about us in any area of the pitch.

We’re so passive and a yard slower than the opposition. The players don’t seem to enjoy playing with each other and the body language seems to be speaking volumes. 

2 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Why did he start in first place? He was shit coming on in cup

Before the game smith said he’s been playing well when he’s come off the bench 😆

Bright start fizzled out and they are now shitting themselves. Reina no explanation for that, unless he's told his agent to put the house on Leicester to score first.

Going to be hard to give this lot the confidence to play freely now, if they don't though we're in trouble. We aren't going to magic a defense this season, we are not going to shore things up, so we need to go for it. 

Just now, Hanky said:

Desperately in need of Davis here. I’d worry about the midfield going 4-4-2 but they’re pretty non existent anyway. 

I get what you mean but it’s now the point we need to score 3 or 4 to win as we cannot defend. Maybe actually going for it, changing things up, not being predictable would give us a chance to actually win a game again 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

sammatter has to do better. hold it better

Firstly, spell his name right - it’s shorter than what you’re actually writing.

Secondly, what on earth is he supposed to do. The couple of times he’s brought the ball down there’s three defenders and no villa player within 30 yards of him?

Really weird criticism after the shower of shite that the rest of the team have produced in that half. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It’s an individual mistake almost every week. 
I fail to see what Luiz has done the last few weeks either. Take him off for Davis and go 4-4-2. Samatta is on his own right now

You look at the free kick we won in about the 38th minute

Nakamba played as absolute hospital ball to elmo from 5 yards away, awful **** ball, praet fortunately for us took a shit touch then fouled elmo

We sent all the big guys up, Hourihane rather than throw it in played a poor ball out to guilbert who played a poor ball in to elmo who lost the ball for our throw

Big guys trudge back, we lose the ball from the throw in

Its laughably bad, not on Smith and Terry, it's ridiculous how shit some of our players have been, utterly clueless, sleepwalking 

• Like 1

Mings smiling like a Cheshire Cat. **** off you rocket polisher. Should be holding his head in shame like the other Villa players for that last 35 minute performance. DS needs to get into him for that. Roy Keane would have thumped him.

Grealish been poor again as well when the team needs him to step up.

If that performance is replicated in the second half then DS needs to go.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, BruLan said:

How the **** can Dean Smith keep his job,

I don’t think it’s Smiths fault, in fact it’s hard to pinpoint who’s to blame. The need to sign a dozen players plus at the start of the season means we have a bunch of journeymen and it was always going to be an uphill struggle to stay in the division

The hope was that we could finish above the drop zone and add three or four quality signings next time. If I was to apportion blame it would be that the signings made (even at bargain prices) have been lacklustre 

i think we need to stick together now and hope against expectations that we can cobble a few results together. McGinns return may help?

• Like 1

Boooooooo!

We are a very hard team to like.

We have some ability, but rarely make it count because we are always shooting ourselves in the foot.

We frequently fail to do the basics properly and we are very very shit at defending.

On current form, we absolutely deserve to go down. Complete and utter cack.

• Like 1

Mick McCarthy would do a better job with this team. Why can’t we set up some sort of defensive structure to deal with set pieces? It shouldn’t be so difficult. Our midfielders are 30 yards away from each other when we get the ball, leaving nobody to pass to. It’s a shambles. What’s going on on the training ground? We went to old Trafford and passed United off the pitch in the first half. We are progressively getting worse. 

I am rapidly coming to the conclusion that Mings is part of the problem and not the amazing CB many claim. 

I haven’t seen such a poor Aston Villa defence as this. As for Reina *!*!*!

disgraceful

• Like 1

If Smith keeps blaming the players, he should have set the standards from the begining. take a player or 2 off at half time show them who's boss, Mourino wasn't scared the other day.

If this was any other manager they would get slated. It's more than true the patience fans have got because supposedly "he is one of our own", Any one else the chants would be going already. It's not about the quality, the team aren't even trying anymore!!

• Like 1

Just now, juanpablosaliceband said:

Mick McCarthy would do a better job with this team. Why can’t we set up some sort of defensive structure to deal with set pieces? It shouldn’t be so difficult. Our midfielders are 30 yards away from each other when we get the ball, leaving nobody to pass to. It’s a shambles. What’s going on on the training ground? We went to old Trafford and passed United off the pitch in the first half. We are progressively getting worse. 

Pressure tbh.