Match Thread: Leicester v Villa

limpid

10 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Why did he start in first place? He was shit coming on in cup

And smith said in his interview before match that he played well when he came on and why he was selected tonight.

Up against it with Smith thinking things like this.

7 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Do any of our centre - halves know what a defensive header is ?

Well said! Sometimes, even knowing that we cannot defend corners, they head it out for a corner when they could simply head for a throw or away from danger. They are clueless. 

The repetitive defensive calamities are down to the manager and coaches. We clearly have personnel who cannot master the zonal marking they are being asked to do. A good manager should recognise this and change it, we look like conceding from every set piece into our box. Tear up the zonal marking and go simple man for man. Hourihane is a complete waste of a shirt at this level , it’s honestly like watching a schoolboy running after the ball, aimlessly but with plenty of endeavour. Luiz seems miles off the pace, I’m afraid he needs drinkwater in behind him. All over we’re completely devoid of ideas to retain any semblance of possession, let alone get forward with any sort of plan. Get Davis & drinkwater on, sit Davis on Ndidi in front of the Leicester back line and get him ruffling his feathers and winning some ball in that gap between the lines. We’re worse than I’d thought we’d be thus far, I don’t see how we get back in this 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

I tell ya, Reina was shite in that defeat at Southampton - his last game. He gave the ball away constantly. Nyland has been very unlucky to be dropped for him. 

However, several players tonight are way off the mark. Luiz has been appalling, Hourihane anonymous, Guilbert simply ball-watched for Barnes' run for the goal, Grealish is wasted out on the wing. Samatta is a line figure and way too isolated. 

Smith needs to change this at half time. Take off Hourihane and put on Davis. Play Jack in the middle and throw Davis wide left and just hit him with long balls and get him to hold the ball up whilst the rest join in the attack. Leicester play the shape of Liverpool with their two full backs burning forward. We need to have Samatta out wife right and Davis wide left and each time we win the ball just lump it to them and then join in from midfield. 

One thing they simply need to do and that's play with some urgency. Surely that's a minimum requirement, to seem to be up for it? 

I feel we would be ripped apart by their pace with this tactic. Keinan receives ball, Grealish & Luiz join the attack, we lose possession and have OAPmohamady and Nakamba cut through by Barnes, Maddison, Praet and the rest.

3 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

has Grealish signed a pre-contract with Manure or something? Or just given up in general?

I actually had a dream (well nightmare) that Grealish told me that he had agreed to join man utd in the summer. Perhaps it was a premanition 😱

has Grealish signed a pre-contract with Manure or something? Or just given up in general?

I actually had a dream (well nightmare) that Grealish told me that he had agreed to join man utd in the summer. Perhaps it was a premanition 😱

10 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

You look at the free kick we won in about the 38th minute

Nakamba played as absolute hospital ball to elmo from 5 yards away, awful **** ball, praet fortunately for us took a shit touch then fouled elmo

We sent all the big guys up, Hourihane rather than throw it in played a poor ball out to guilbert who played a poor ball in to elmo who lost the ball for our throw

Big guys trudge back, we lose the ball from the throw in

Its laughably bad, not on Smith and Terry, it's ridiculous how shit some of our players have been, utterly clueless, sleepwalking 

Well Smith and terry have had close to a season to coach them, so someone at management level has to be at fault!

Just now, Rob182 said:

I feel we would be ripped apart by their pace with this tactic. Keinan receives ball, Grealish & Luiz join the attack, we lose possession and have OAPmohamady and Nakamba cut through by Barnes, Maddison, Praet and the rest.

So.... sorry, what's the difference here? ;) 

• Sad 1

I just don't understand how zonal marking can ever be good. 

Surely all the attack need to do is to work out which zone is being defended by the worst defensive header and put your best attacking header in that zone!  Am I missing something? Maybe why Mings is always marking no one and our smaller defenders seem to be marking giants. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1