Match Thread: Leicester v Villa

limpid

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

We’re absolutely shit. 

I don’t know what this team is. This football is as bad as ANYTHING we’ve seen over the past few years. We’re trying to play a style we’re not capable of and it translates to losing the ball constantly and having one striker totally isolated. 

We have no pace and we’re shocking at defending. 

I’m very worried

I think we will go down bottom of the league with 25 points

Just now, Stevo985 said:

We’re absolutely shit. 

I don’t know what this team is. This football is as bad as ANYTHING we’ve seen over the past few years. We’re trying to play a style we’re not capable of and it translates to losing the ball constantly and having one striker totally isolated. 

We have no pace and we’re shocking at defending.

I’m very worried

Must admit, I don't know what the midfield is all about.  They don't defend, don't attack and don't hold possession in the middle of the park.  Hourihane aside (who is awful), they seem like pretty average footballers so why is it just so terrible when they're together?!

4 minutes ago, striker said:

Grealish been poor again as well when the team needs him to step up.

He's not Roy of the Rovers! 

We can't get him on the ball and even when we do it's near the half way line with 6 blue shirts and samatta in front of him 

Not sure what you can expect from him

• Like 1

Elmo off, the rare couple times he did have it in crossing positions he bloody passed it back !! 

El ghazi on in his place for some pace, jack needs to be involved so needs moving inside.

That is all I would change at the start of the 2nd half.

CH while not doing too much has delivered quality free kicks. 

We dont have the pace for long ball tactics.

Would bring davis on with 25 to go for either luiz or makamba if things haven't improved.

And reina ? Wtf ? Produces a couple good saves then hands them a goal from nothing. Makes the saves worthless if you literally desert your posts.

This is the problem with slagging off own players in the public.

What is he gonna say now? Slag them off again? And lose even more of the players

Zonal marking is shit. Why is Elmo marking their CB'S? Nothing makes sense.

We are just ball watching. School stuff.

Reina shocking. Nyland will probably play the next game.

Stick Davis on and hoof it up to him. At least that would be a style and give everyone an aim. 

We’re just passing it out from the back to our midfielders who aren’t good enough to keep possession so they force passes to our wingers or fullbacks who aren’t good enough to do anything with it and eventually they lose it.

• Like 2

That was a disgraceful half of football by Villa. I wouldn’t be against a triple substitution at half time with nakamba elmo and Conor coming off for drinkwater trez and el ghazi and play grealish in the middle. But instead we will see nothing for 20 minutes until we’re 2 0 down when he will swap samatta for Davis 

• Like 2

I actually want Jack to leave this joke shop, He is wasting a short career now. Poor lad has already spent 3 seasons in a league he should have never played in given his talent. It’s criminal.

I do blame Smith et al, the statistics are bad even before you add the individual errors. We are just a poorly set up and coached team, I think most individuals are more than good enough.

Edited by thunderball

1 minute ago, Farlz said:

El Ghazi should've started.

Hourihane should never ever start under any circumstances. 

To be honest, you’re probably right but it’s just always the same isn’t it? If El Ghazi had started, we’d be saying, ‘oh, so and so should have started’.

Im afraid it’s just time to admit that as a squad, we don’t have anywhere near enough ability to perform in this league. This team is worse than the team that got us promoted last season.

Formations, tactics etc. Meh. We’re just not good enough. 

1 minute ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Jacks lost the ball every time hes got it

Every time he's had the ball, he's been wide left with Samatta the nearest player to him about 30 yards away and with 3 Leicester players around him.

We're so easy to play against.

• Like 1

Just now, villalad21 said:

This is the problem with slagging off own players in the public.

What is he gonna say now? Slag them off again? And lose even more of the players

Zonal marking is shit. Why is Elmo marking their CB'S? Nothing makes sense.

We are just ball watching. School stuff.

Reina shocking. Nyland will probably play the next game.

Nah I'd argue that this is one of those reasons players deserve slagging off. This has been absolute shite from professional football players.

Comical errors.

• Like 1