Match Thread: Leicester v Villa

limpid

2 minutes ago, jim said:

Away fans singing going down ma lord.

Are you listening Smith? The fans have given up with the shite you out in front week in week out.

Not sure if serious? It's the home fans signing it

Just now, BruLan said:

How the **** can Dean Smith keep his job,

He’s one of our own so he’s untouchable. 

8 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

I'd be interested to see how long on average we keep the ball after a throw in. I'd be surprised if it's above 5 seconds.

I've followed Villa for a life sentence it seems now and I've never known us keep possession from a throw in. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, imavillan said:

we are dog shit....even before that calamity. It was just a matter of time.

our midfield look like they have never played together before.

it is woeful, 

why hasnt the manager done something to change what is clearly not working.....he had better make changes at half time or that will be it for him with me

He won't. I guarantee you he won't make a change until the 60th minute.

I tell ya, Reina was shite in that defeat at Southampton - his last game. He gave the ball away constantly. Nyland has been very unlucky to be dropped for him. 

However, several players tonight are way off the mark. Luiz has been appalling, Hourihane anonymous, Guilbert simply ball-watched for Barnes' run for the goal, Grealish is wasted out on the wing. Samatta is a line figure and way too isolated. 

Smith needs to change this at half time. Take off Hourihane and put on Davis. Play Jack in the middle and throw Davis wide left and just hit him with long balls and get him to hold the ball up whilst the rest join in the attack. Leicester play the shape of Liverpool with their two full backs burning forward. We need to have Samatta out wife right and Davis wide left and each time we win the ball just lump it to them and then join in from midfield. 

One thing they simply need to do and that's play with some urgency. Surely that's a minimum requirement, to seem to be up for it? 

8 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

It's not. But I'd say it's more down to lack of quality than a manager wanting to play ugly. 

Our cm is the worst in the league. 

Nakamba and luiz are **** terrible. 

A bit of defensive organisation would be a start, though.  Then we can start thinking about nice little triangles and carving teams open.