Match Thread: Leicester v Villa

limpid

11 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

And then when we got injured we saw what "bad" actually was.

Grealish has to play in midfield when McGinn isn't there. You just cannot trust any of the others.

We were garbage with McGinn. 11 defeats in 17 games.

Keep living in denial

1 minute ago, KentVillan said:

We just have a shit squad, especially with McGinn injured.

This. Squads just not quite good enough. We were the 5th best team in the championship and bought a couple of OK players ... we were always going to have one of the worst squads in the league

The entire team are trash, as unpopular as this might be, I think Grealish should be given a rest, we can't get him into the game, and I don't think he's good enough to get himself into a game. We should keep our biggest asset fit and hopefully get a bit of cash for him at the end of the season. We are going back down, we are doing a Fulham FFS

Our trouble is midfield - Luiz is decent and will be a Premier league player, but he's just a kid and he's both inconsistent and naive - in the absence of McGinn he's our best central midfielder and he's absolutely nowhere near being ready to drag a midfield through a relegation battle - behind him Nakamba can do a limited role pretty well, but we need a better midfield to let him play that role - Hourihane isn't a Premier league player, Lansbury might not be a Championship player - behind those there's nothing= Drinkwater? Don't make me laugh! We can move Grealish into central midfield but we can't give him the support he needs to succeed there. 

One reasonable Premier league midfielder, one promising kid, one who can only do one job and two lumps of nothing at all. There's no combination of those players that gives you a chance of winning games at this level.

Jose Bruce Lee Pepklopp couldn't do anything about that.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1