Sheffield United

maqroll

They spent almost £60m on Ramsdale, McBurnie and Brewster, probably in part because Wilder predominantly seems to only go for players from the UK. If they can keep most of their current team, and in particular the likes of Brewster, and McBurnie who whilst haven't done well this season have both proven that they can score goals in the championship, then no reason why a manager other than Wilder can't have them challenging for promotion.

If they'd have kept things as they are, you could argue there could have been a danger of them getting relegated next season, it's not easy to end the kind of bad form that they're in.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

Made my feelings on Wilder clear a few weeks ago, but he's undeniably done a great job getting them from L1 to the PL with a high percentage of players who are average Championship players. I dont see many of those players being picked off by PL teams - they're "system players", in that they're perfect for that system but anything else shows their limitations.

They've not been anywhere near good enough since football resumed last season. 

When you buy Ramsdale and Brewster for the approximate cost of Konsa, Luiz, Cash and Martinez, (or even Martinez and Watkins, if you want to keep it to the same transfer window) and then moan about not being backed then you sort of get what you deserve...

Edited by StewieGriffin

3 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Interesting to see where Wilder ends up. Rumours West Brom are looking at him for next season which would make sense. Palace also mentioned although I still think Lampard will end up there.

Norwich have proved that by sticking with the manager that took you up in the first place he will get you back up again. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Getting messy now, the owner is saying Wilder demanded 4 million to resign

I can imagine this is a desperate move by ownership to make Wilder look bad as i think the fans have taken Wilder side

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Zatman said:

I can imagine this is a desperate move by ownership to make Wilder look bad as i think the fans have taken Wilder side

Getting Wilder by the moment isn’t it?

19 hours ago, Zatman said:

Desperate move or not I'd be very surprised if he's completely made it up.

It wouldn't surprise me at all to find out Wilder is overly self interested and stubborn to the point of detriment. You only have to watch a post match interview to see how much responsibility he's willing to take for anything and how quickly he'd blame players by name.

19 hours ago, Zatman said:

It is entirely normal, where there’s been no wrongdoing, that if you’re asked to resign (to save the owner’s blushes from a sacking) you’d ask for your contract to be paid up. I don’t think it does make him look bad, personally. Like you say it’s a bit desperate.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

They've been completely led up the garden path with Brewster.

Must be one of the worst signings ever when you put it in context.

He's absolutely shit

So you don't think Liverpool will be triggering their buyback clause?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

They've been completely led up the garden path with Brewster.

Must be one of the worst signings ever when you put it in context.

He's absolutely shit

I'm sure Bournemouth fans will have something to say about that... 

Net spend World champions pulled off another blinder 

Thing is, I don't think he's actually 'shit', he's just not ready to lead the line for a team in a Premier League relegation battle. He's a young lad with one good season in the Championship and a price tag he can't justify.

• Like 2

Â