Sheffield United

maqroll

48 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Thing is, I don't think he's actually 'shit', he's just not ready to lead the line for a team in a Premier League relegation battle. He's a young lad with one good season in the Championship and a price tag he can't justify.

He had a lot of hype because he came from Liverpool and did well on loan st Swansea. Was poor business to pay 20 million for him, Sheffield United should have really negotiated a loan deal though Liverpool dealings with smaller Premier League clubs is dodgy to say the least

• Like 1

10 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Thing is, I don't think he's actually 'shit', he's just not ready to lead the line for a team in a Premier League relegation battle. He's a young lad with one good season in the Championship and a price tag he can't justify.

Yeah he’s obviously a prospect. That’s why I said in context. He was a massive money signing for a team like Sheff Utd. Loads of money and basically their marquee signing to keep them in the league. 

But he is miles off where they need him to be to do that. It’s not his fault. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah he’s obviously a prospect. That’s why I said in context. He was a massive money signing for a team like Sheff Utd. Loads of money and basically their marquee signing to keep them in the league. 

But he is miles off where they need him to be to do that. It’s not his fault. 

Yeah, for the money and their situation, they needed the closest thing possible to a 'sure thing', and he ain't that yet.

• Like 1

He was the absolute standout in the U17 World Cup in 2017 - the best player in the team and the tournament in an England squad that had Foden, Hudson-Odoi, Sancho and Smith Rowe. I think that potential is what people are still buying - if he where to somehow click back to that he'd be worth a fortune. It doesn't look like it'll happen for him though unfortunately.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, ender4 said:

What happened there?  He was walking along the street drunk and didn't like someone filming him?

Well judging by when the video conveniently starts I'd imagine he was getting all sorts of abuse and trolling and finally snapped.

Would I do it, would I react, am I quick to temper, no not really but this lad obviously is. Old enough to talk shit to someone in the street you're old enough to get a slap.

Similar to that Drinkwater tackle everyone went over the top about.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, ender4 said:

What happened there?  He was walking along the street drunk and didn't like someone filming him?

There's another video that has surfaced on Twitter where the lad who gets assaulted is giving him a load of abuse while he's with his girlfriend. Like Rodders said he's basically snapped after a while of it.

1 hour ago, djdabush said:

There's another video that has surfaced on Twitter where the lad who gets assaulted is giving him a load of abuse while he's with his girlfriend. Like Rodders said he's basically snapped after a while of it.

just seen the 2nd video...it must be so, so difficult not to react. i couldn't fight my way out of a wet paper bag but someone gave me THAT much grief i'd find it very difficult not to do something. the original video looks in a totally different location too, it wouldn't surprise me if they followed him around giving him grief.

3 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Like, I know it's hard, and I'm sure he was provoked, but you can't actually punch and kick people in the street.

Definitely and I don't particularly like McBurnie in general but the fact that the Leeds fan thought he was entitled to act the way he did baffles me. It's like social media comments leaked into real life.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, djdabush said:

Definitely and I don't particularly like McBurnie in general but the fact that the Leeds fan thought he was entitled to act the way he did baffles me. It's like social media comments leaked into real life.

Yeah, it's a story that makes me sad. Sad that a dickhead went around seemingly acting awfully to the guy, and sad that he reacted in the way he did. Nothing good has come of any of it.

6 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Yeah, it's a story that makes me sad. Sad that a dickhead went around seemingly acting awfully to the guy, and sad that he reacted in the way he did. Nothing good has come of any of it.

Social media actually makes people bigger pricks than they already were.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Like, I know it's hard, and I'm sure he was provoked, but you can't actually punch and kick people in the street.

I think, if you’re being provoked, you absolutely should be able to. People are shit. 

• Like 1

Â