Sheffield United

maqroll

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

He has been labelled Brexit United a few times for his reluctance to sign foreign players. I think Berge was his only signing from a country outside the British Isles

He signed a couple last January....Zivkovic and someone else but never played them.

Just to get to 35 points now they need to average something like 1.8 ppg.

For reference 1.8 ppg average will usually put you top 6, and at times top 4.

Considering teams like Burnley, Brighton and Newcastle will probably be closer to 40 or early/mid 40s points wise, I reckon sheff utd are 100% down.

Don't see any way they can pull out of the relegation zone.

On 21/02/2020 at 20:18, maqroll said:

They're one point off 5th place, and 5th gets you into the Champions League with Man City being banned. It would be the first time a newly promoted club would qualify for the CL, wouldn't it?

So. It’s been a year since this post and I have to confess I’d tuned out of football a bit because I’d been preoccupied with this Covid 19 thing.   Can anybody let me know how Sheffield United’s Champions League campaign is going? Did they make it out of the groups? 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, The_Rev said:

So. It’s been a year since this post and I have to confess I’d tuned out of football a bit because I’d been preoccupied with this Covid 19 thing.   Can anybody let me know how Sheffield United’s Champions League campaign is going? Did they make it out of the groups? 

I was speculating about a dubious hypothesis. Just shows how they were playing way beyond themselves last year.

• 2 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Wilder has said some really nice things about us in hisnmatch conference.  Always liked him ti be honest 

Yeah, think him and Deano are good mates, you saw how chuffed he was we won and how pleased he was for Deano at the play off final.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Wilder has said some really nice things about us in hisnmatch conference.  Always liked him ti be honest 

Just buttering us up for tomorrow night... :ph34r:

18 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Easy to be amicable when you're all but down. Start of the season he was spiteful. 

And back to a whinging word removed in his post-match interview, AGAIN bringing up decisions Villa have had go for them against SHU in the past few meetings.

• Like 1

If I was Wilder I'd be more concerned with the fact he has a player - Burke - who looks like he's munched his way through a big bag of steroids. 

I mean, I'm 37 and have a dodgy back at the minute, but I honestly think I could of done better than his cameo. He was useless. 

8 minutes ago, a-k said:

And back to a whinging word removed in his post-match interview, AGAIN bringing up decisions Villa have had go for them against SHU in the past few meetings.

At least the red cards have been consistent... 

I bet he didn't mention the penalty 

Â