Sheffield United

maqroll

This may be childish but the idiot got exactly what was coming to him. It’s in no way ‘banter,’ he’s just giving him dogs abuse. Made all the more annoying that he’s got a slap for it and first thing he’s done is called the police, but not before calling The Sun. 

Seems the narrative a lot of the papers were pushing too is “innocent young man savagely beaten in unprovoked attack by £20K a week footballer.”

It’s an absolutely awful thing to say but it’ll take a footballer committing suicide for people like this to be brought into focus. Social Media abuse is one thing but to actively follow and film a 23 year old as he’s walking home with his girlfriend is another thing entirely. 

• Like 4

Elliott said: “We were walking and I saw him arguing with this girl. I was with two of my mates and he was getting a bit aggressive and getting a bit loud.

“I said chill out mate it can’t be worse than getting relegated as a joke.

“He seemed alright at first. He was saying put your phone away lads, put your phone away. I said: ‘Why? Why would I want to put my phone away? And then he’s just smacked me.

well the 2nd video released already shows that this isn't the full story. he properly berated him. says he's an insurance broker...i hope he's sacked. he's not the victim in this at all

The 2nd video shows the recorder saying "What are you going to do about it pal?" about 5 times after he's abused from a distance for a good 10-15 seconds. Found out the hard way I guess. No winners in this story.

Edited by Hornso
  • Like 1

On 12/05/2021 at 09:45, tomav84 said:

well the 2nd video released already shows that this isn't the full story. he properly berated him. says he's an insurance broker...i hope he's sacked. he's not the victim in this at all

I hope he’s more than sacked tbh. Nothing worse than those sort of people.

Edit: and of course he’s a Leeds fan :D 

Edited by bobzy
  • Like 1

I’m sorry but if you’re brave enough to give someone shit loads of verbal abuse, which is what it is, then you should be willing to face the consequences.

I don’t give people abuse in the streets and would never dream of doing it, regardless of who they are. Partly because I’m a wimp and partly because I’m not a word removed.

Bloke got what he deserved.

• Like 1

Thought the thread was getting bumped up as they've approached Slavisa Jokanovic.

Thought they'd do much worse in picking next manager so as a blade you'd be more confident for prospects next season given he's got two teams up playing in a decent manner in last 5 years.

• 3 months later...
10 minutes ago, Zatman said:

preparing for a double relegation

It's almost as if the team that went from league 1 to the Premier league using the same players were massively over achieving and the press were getting carried away with them at time.....

6 minutes ago, MachoFantastico said:

Question regarding McGoldrick, as he ever been good? Every time I watch him he looks absolutely awful as a striker and I'm slightly baffled as to why Sheffield United keep selecting him. 

He's crap...which, of course, is why he scored against us. 

31 minutes ago, MachoFantastico said:

Question regarding McGoldrick, as he ever been good? Every time I watch him he looks absolutely awful as a striker and I'm slightly baffled as to why Sheffield United keep selecting him. 

Good touch. Good one touch hold up play. Good skills in tight areas.  Just could never finish and now he can't move 

Needs putting down 

• Like 2

Just too used to losing by looks of it.

Remind me of us in 16/17 up to about December.

Only thing to cling onto is Fulham started the season really slow the year they beat us and went up so does seem a trait in Jokanovic teams at that level.

Edited by VillaChris

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Just too used to losing by looks of it.

Remind me of us in 16/17 up to about December.

Only thing to cling onto is Fulham started the season really slow the year they beat us and went up so does seem a trait in Jokanovic teams at that level.

That was insane though they won like 20 in a row

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

They haven’t scored in 3 league games - going to struggle this season. 

about to get 30m for ramsdale, couple of good signings with that they'll be fine

saying that, no idea who their backup keeper is but he made ramsdale look like neuer last night!

• Like 1

Â