Sheffield United

maqroll

35 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

about to get 30m for ramsdale, couple of good signings with that they'll be fine

saying that, no idea who their backup keeper is but he made ramsdale look like neuer last night!

The recruitment has been dreadful last couple of seasons. I cant see it inproving

It's no surprise to me that they're struggling, the only player they've signed is Ben Davies from Liverpool and that was yesterday, so they're basically playing with the same squad that struggled so much last season, the kind of form that they were in is hard to halt with the same players, even when dropping down to an easier league.

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

Brewster is up to 29 appearances with 0 goals. That is remarkable considering he had 11 in 22 for Swansea in the Championship.

I'd have been quite happy to sign him last year as a backup :blush:

On 19/08/2021 at 11:47, useless said:

It's no surprise to me that they're struggling, the only player they've signed is Ben Davies from Liverpool and that was yesterday, so they're basically playing with the same squad that struggled so much last season, the kind of form that they were in is hard to halt with the same players, even when dropping down to an easier league.

Yep. Lowest shot stats too in the Championship too, they aren’t going anywhere but downwards if this continues 

1 hour ago, Dave-R said:

I might be working the sheffield match tomorrow, any abuse you guys want me to throw at the fans, I'm taking best insults only 🤣🤣

"You can stick your Sean Bean Up Yer Arse"

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Dave-R said:

I might be working the sheffield match tomorrow, any abuse you guys want me to throw at the fans, I'm taking best insults only 🤣🤣

Tell them that The Full Monty was a shit film and their cutlery is all made in China. 

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Dave-R said:

burger van?, steward?, police?, coach?, manager?, ball boy?, parachute army person jumping from 1km on to the pitch?, naked streaker????

tbh, they dont have terrible attacking options, Brewster, McBurnie, Sharp etc are all top Championship level players.

Norwood, Fleck and Berge are also top Champ players.

I dont know whats going wrong there, but they do have players that should walk it in the Champ.

59 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

burger van?, steward?, police?, coach?, manager?, ball boy?, parachute army person jumping from 1km on to the pitch?, naked streaker????

Steward mate till my licence comes through, im with constant security. Waiting for my licence to come through now so I can get on the Ejection team at the events. Have done my first aid, counter terrorism side courses also as that is now mandatory when working as a steward and on events now.

Edited by Dave-R
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Dave-R said:

Steward mate till my licence comes through, im with constant security. Waiting for my licence to come through now so I can get on the Ejection team at the events. Have done my first aid, counter terrorism side courses also as that is now mandatory when working as a steward and on events now.

tenor.gif

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

They must have the worst record of the whole 92 clubs over the last year.  I can't believe we lost to them!

They were in the league for 2020/21 statistcally the worse. Surprised they won 7 games last season, thought was just 3. Looks like they won 3 of the last 6 to give some respectability 😂

On 21/02/2020 at 20:18, maqroll said:

They're one point off 5th place, and 5th gets you into the Champions League with Man City being banned. It would be the first time a newly promoted club would qualify for the CL, wouldn't it?

This thread started 18 months ago with a discussion about Sheffield Utds possible Champions League qualification.

Take nothing for granted in football!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MarkLillis said:

This thread started 18 months ago with a discussion about Sheffield Utds possible Champions League qualification.

Take nothing for granted in football! 

How's that ban for City working out?!

Was stewarding the game and I were hoping that derby would of won. Derby only had a small section of fans around 1000 there while there were around 6k UTD fans and they drowned them out for most of the game. They were unlucky not to win but glad so.eone won't 90 mins so I didn't have to stand for longer lol. There were a few dirty moments from both teams especially the going to ground and staying down if hadn't the possession or would get straight up if they had advantage.

Mostly a boring game with glimpses of alrightness and the UTD fans were really boring, no calling ref all sorts and hurling abuse like Derby fans were.

Â