Sheffield United

maqroll

• 2 weeks later...

2-1 win....11 points, is the great escape on???

I dont doubt they will overtake Fulham and WBA, but making up a 10/12 point gap to the teams currently outside of the relegation zone will be a huge ask....

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

2-1 win....11 points, is the great escape on???

I dont doubt they will overtake Fulham and WBA, but making up a 10/12 point gap to the teams currently outside of the relegation zone will be a huge ask....

They'll overtake WBA, I'm pretty confident of that now. They could catch Fulham too. I don't see them catching Brighton though, and both Newcastle and Burnley are too good at shithousing results against the odds.

It'd be great if they did manage to survive somehow, but I just can't see it. The first half of their season was just so awful.

• Like 2

i cant see them getting out of the drop zone.

They need to average 1.6 PPG to hit 35 points at season end (fyi - 1.6 PPG is usually top 8 form).

On current avg. PPG, the 17th place team (Burnley), are on course for achieving 40-45 points.

On 20/01/2021 at 07:48, Demitri_C said:

He will bring them straight back.

I agree he's a good manager but I wouldnt be confident they will come straight back up. They have a championship standard squad. Could end up like Bournemouth sitting in 6th/7th

10 hours ago, villa89 said:

I agree he's a good manager but I wouldnt be confident they will come straight back up. They have a championship standard squad. Could end up like Bournemouth sitting in 6th/7th

Their squad is good enough.  If they keep the likes of fleck, mouset, egan thata a good enough spine for championship 

• 2 weeks later...
58 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

what have 'lefties' got to do with criticising players? didn't have wilder down as a gammon!

He seems *exactly* the type to me. In fact I'm pretty sure this isn't the first time he's talked about politics in a press conference, though admittedly I can't find a reference to another with a quick Google so I might have dreamed it.

• Like 1

I'll put "lefties" to one side, because no good can come of delvin gin to politics. But do gooders? Imagine being such a word removed that the idea of someone trying to "do good" is a negative trait :D

As for him having beef with psychologists...The bloke is off his rocker.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

He seems *exactly* the type to me. In fact I'm pretty sure this isn't the first time he's talked about politics in a press conference, though admittedly I can't find a reference to another with a quick Google so I might have dreamed it.

Warnock mentioned he couldn't wait for Brexit to happen in a press conference when he was at Cardiff so think you confused it with that.

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Warnock mentioned he couldn't wait for Brexit to happen in a press conference when he was at Cardiff so think you confused it with that.

Oh, I know Warnock is full Brexit, but I'm pretty sure Wilder has something on the subject as well.

10 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Oh, I know Warnock is full Brexit, but I'm pretty sure Wilder has something on the subject as well.

He has been labelled Brexit United a few times for his reluctance to sign foreign players. I think Berge was his only signing from a country outside the British Isles

Â