Sheffield United

maqroll

They're one point off 5th place, and 5th gets you into the Champions League with Man City being banned. It would be the first time a newly promoted club would qualify for the CL, wouldn't it?

36 minutes ago, maqroll said:

They're one point off 5th place, and 5th gets you into the Champions League with Man City being banned. It would be the first time a newly promoted club would qualify for the CL, wouldn't it?

Imagine the angry agents who didn’t think to get CL bonuses in their players contracts 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

You would enjoy football more if you liked every team that beat Villa 😂

Prefer NFL if I'm honest (as a neutral).

Our football is full of words removed.

On 21/02/2020 at 20:18, maqroll said:

It would also be the first time SUFC have qualified for Europe, ever! Quite remarkable really. I mean Villa have well over 80 European games in the bank, imagine never seeing your team play a European night game. 

• 4 months later...

The game with Wolves tonight was so good.

Would have been one of the best 0-0s I've seen for a long time before the the winner.

Once again, their formation is just brilliant. It's so well drilled they can just drop anyone in and they're hardly affected. They seem to have loads of players forward and back at the same time.

8 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

That's how you get a bang average team flying. See Dyche.

Would either of them being ****ing themselves off at a 0-0 at home to a rival. No.

Sheffield Utd's and Burnley's squads are both miles better than ours though.

We're well below an average PL squad.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Xela said:

I'd have Dyche or Wilder at Villa, no question

I think we need a manager like that to make us a mid table team in the PL.

We then can attract bigger names. Look at how Everton got Ancelotti.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

It's mad how fast things turn around.

On 10/07/2020 at 01:21, Tomaszk said:

Sheffield Utd's and Burnley's squads are both miles better than ours though.

We're well below an average PL squad.

This really hasn't aged well, had it?

I thought when they came up last year they could be challenging for Derby’s low point total, atrocious squad on paper. I am still flabbergasted that they managed to finish top half.

The regression to the mean has hit them like a truck this season though. Once the confidence dropped they don’t have any individual quality to bail them out when they aren’t performing as a unit.

Their recruitment has largely been awful also. Over £40m on Brewster and Ramsdale is an absolute shocker.

1 hour ago, Greenfly said:

It's mad how fast things turn around.

We've got better, they've got worse. Pleasing.

Smith performed an absolute miracle keeping that squad up last season. Got 20% of our season points in the last four games.

We've now signed four players that start every game (should have been five) and we have no proven backup.

Our squad is still not great, our starting XI is the nuts.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

SU and Burnley never really had better squads than ours

I wasn't sure if I was right, but thankfully saw this. Now I know I was.

On 10/07/2020 at 07:05, villalad21 said:

I think we need a manager [Dyche or Wilder] like that to make us a mid table team in the PL.

I wouldn't swap Smith for Dyche or Wilder. Would they be better than Bielsa you think?

Â