Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

On 01/09/2021 at 14:44, Steero113 said:

Edited after further look. 

I did a search across the premier league for the last 4 seasons and Carney Chukwuemeka is the only player under 20 to start at CM.

He is also the youngest starter in the premier league for the last 4 years, and the only starting CM at 17 since Cesc Fabregas in Nov 2004 for Arsenal against Spurs.

The only other one who was listed at Central Midfield under 19 in the last 3 seasons was Billy Gilmour who played a few mins two seasons ago against Sheff Utd for Chelsea. He was 18 years and 2 months old. 

Just remembered this that was posted a few months back. Gives some context to how maybe his agent is getting ahead of himself and giving him poor advice ..

Centre mid is not a place for boys . Not just with us who actually gave him a start but EVERYWHERE in the Premier. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

It's really difficult to properly value a player at this moment in his career. If you're his agent, you want him paid now for what he might be in 2025, if you're the club you want to pay for the player you have today.  It's the kind of thing that leads to disparity. 

I guess the question comes down to whether there's anyone out there that's willing to offer him £40k a week, to make the jump from 'might be' to 'money' now and hope the player catches up with the wage. I'm not sure there is and I'm sure he's bright enough to know that there's more to the development of his career than being on a different bench with an agent who drives a nicer car.

I'm still pretty relaxed on this one, it's not like the contract is up this summer, there's still plenty of time to get it sorted and I think we will.

My worry is it's a bit chicken and egg. Do we play him and then he is happy and signs a new contract, but if he plays well he can just run down his contract and move to one of these bigger name clubs. Do we wait till he signs before playing him more? I'd say give him this season and if he doesn't sign in summer we freeze him out next season while he runs down his contract

If he leaves it shows our pathway for young talent isn’t quite as good as we make out. 

he looked the real deal as much as any young player we have outside of Jack who was a real outlier.

We need to be giving young players like this game time, not just because we want internal success but for future reduction on buying players and indeed increasing value of our talent pool to sell. 

jacob Ramsay value is ten times what it would be with him just playing U23 football. 

need to be doing the same with others. 

8 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Just remembered this that was posted a few months back. Gives some context to how maybe his agent is getting ahead of himself and giving him poor advice ..

Centre mid is not a place for boys . Not just with us who actually gave him a start but EVERYWHERE in the Premier. 

He might be getting tempted into a move somewhere like Germany. It's the only way the comments would make sense. 

He's probably in full agreement with all of us who have been saying that our midfield has been absolutely shite for the past 11 months and reckons if I can't get a game when they've been throwing in performances like that then I never will. 

7 hours ago, Khizzy said:

If he wants to not play under arguably the best Premier League midfielder ever and learn a thing or two from the best then the kid is stupid. I hope he will stay but his agent needs to shut his gob!

Didn't realize that Paul Scholes managed in the Prem?

1 hour ago, Jareth said:

If it's untrue then the only person dumb enough to put this out there is going to be his agent. It looks like a ploy to improve the wage and a really fruckin amateur ploy at that.

It's like the ESR and Arsenal situation in the summer just gone. 

Except ESR had actually played a proper season in the PL!

9 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Jude Bellingham would like a word....

1 hour ago, kidlewis said:

If he leaves it shows our pathway for young talent isn’t quite as good as we make out. 

he looked the real deal as much as any young player we have outside of Jack who was a real outlier.

We need to be giving young players like this game time, not just because we want internal success but for future reduction on buying players and indeed increasing value of our talent pool to sell. 

jacob Ramsay value is ten times what it would be with him just playing U23 football. 

The pathway isn’t doing what the agents of kids tell us to do. The pathway is for theses kids to work hard and make the potential real. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, kidlewis said:

If he leaves it shows his agent is an imbecile and Carney is easily led.

Ramsey plays week in, week out. Archer scored a wonderful goal at Stamford Bridge. The path is clearly there.

All that being said, this article is bollocks and Carney will sign a contract before 2022 comes along.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, villanmac said:

He's probably in full agreement with all of us who have been saying that our midfield has been absolutely shite for the past 11 months and reckons if I can't get a game when they've been throwing in performances like that then I never will. 

Equally he can’t then expect to get a game at somewhere like City if he’s not good enough to get into ours. 

Â