Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

29 minutes ago, a m ole said:

Thanks for the explanation, you have to see how getting the club he was at wrong calls into question the validity of the information though…

Especially when you know the coach from there.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, HalfTimePost said:

Northampton even.

Pretty obvious the mistake but thanks for skipping the point to highlight an obvious mistake instead 👍🏻

Yeah, but to repeat the mistake twice whilst saying you know a coach from that club is ridiculous. 

I don't know where the truth lies in all of this and if in fact, if it has any credibility....but there is a list of impatient academy players who have followed this path and ended up on their arses.

Maybe, he is looking at Jude Bellighams journey, but if he is, he needs to study the impact that lad has had....He is well in advance of Carney.

Carney is a talent, but as we are now being woken up to, by this new manager, there is more to it than JUST talent.....application, is key.

Carney won't have done himself any favours, showing a petulant front and he needs to be careful of what he wishes for.....This is not a trait that will catch the eye ( for the right reasons) of SG.....what he does in games will.

from what I have seen of him, he is not ready for the mans league, yet and he has much work to do, to get him ready.

I trust the club to make the right decision on him.....shame he can't see the type of culture SG is trying to engender.

When Steven asks for "A best version of yourself" this stance, I suspect would fall short of SG's expectations.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 3

Easy to jump to conclusions he may sign a deal soon, he may not, either way the situation is already getting messy can’t be good for a 18 year old to have all this drama surrounding him, if he does sign and stay and become a top player we will have to re live the Top player linked to other clubs show again 😩,  At least he signed his initial professional contract and we won’t lose him for nothing, Question is why did we sign his brother? Just to keep him happy? I know he’s a decent player and has performed well for the 23’s. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, HalfTimePost said:

Sorry maybe I didn't word well enough.

Caleb was at Nottingham, a coach there said the family could be difficult and were really pushing his move well before he actually came to us. I think maybe as long as a year before he moved. His focus dropped and there was quite a lot of talk about a bigger move available to him.

To me it felt a bit of a warning as to what could happen with Carney. In a similar way to Carney having not really achieved anything yet and us saying 'he should get his head down and earn a move or his 1st team place's is similar to how Nott fans felt about Caleb

I get the point, I ignored the obvious typo.

Family's can sometimes be the worst advisers....they can also push too much, ignoring the pace and space at which a player needs to develop....Carney has been a bit over hyped, in my view, but great prospect,none the less, surely JJ must give him the hope ,he seeks.

First team places are precious and have to be earned.....Carney would do well to seek a talk with SG and take it from there.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, TRO said:

I don't know where the truth lies in all of this and if in fact it has any credibility....but there is a list of impatient academy players who have followed this path and ended up on their arses.

Maybe, he is looking at Jude Bellighams journey, but if he is, he needs to study the impact that lad has had....He is well in advance of Carney.

Carney is a talent, but as we are now being woken up to, by this new manager, there is more to it than JUST talent.....application, is key.

Carney won't have done himself any favours, showing a petulant front and he needs to be careful of what he wishes for.....This is not a trait that will catch the eye ( for the right reasons) of SG.....what he does in games will.

from what I have seen of him, he is not ready for the mans league, yet and he has much work to do, to get him ready.

I trust the club to make the right decision on him.....shame he can't see the type of culture SG is trying to engender.

Maybe moving to a slower and less competitive league and joining a Dortmund might help him, he could play as bit more of a passenger (not sure if that’s the right word/phrase)  lad has all the talent in the world as you say and I don’t think any of us doubted that ,he’s probably better than Ramsey technically but he simply doesn’t have the running stats for the premier league currently, he can’t match JJ for workrate and application and we can’t afford to sacrifice our progress for his game at the moment, I’m sure later on in the season and cup games he gets some minutes it’s obvious that our plan going forward is to produce and feature our own in the first team , work hard and earn it you get it Ramsey being a prime example.

21 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Maybe moving to a slower and less competitive league and joining a Dortmund might help him, he could play as bit more of a passenger (not sure if that’s the right word/phrase)  lad has all the talent in the world as you say and I don’t think any of us doubted that ,he’s probably better than Ramsey technically but he simply doesn’t have the running stats for the premier league currently, he can’t match JJ for workrate and application and we can’t afford to sacrifice our progress for his game at the moment, I’m sure later on in the season and cup games he gets some minutes it’s obvious that our plan going forward is to produce and feature our own in the first team , work hard and earn it you get it Ramsey being a prime example.

In some quarters there seems to be a jaundiced view on workrate.....The 3 top teams have it in abundance and Talent without it, will be negated.

I think him and his people need a slower expectation rate, as opposed to a slower league....I wouldn't ever down grade competition, its the essence of every top player....without a competitive edge, its debatable, whether you will go far.

Its seems to me, like frustration is getting the better of him, maybe too many bubbles blown up his jacksie, has gone to his head.

You are bang on......EARN it.

Our first team needs to be a place, where you FORCE your way in, by performance in games and training.....you're not invited in.

The culture has to change and it will.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

I would imagine a lot of this is to do with his agent.

He most likely wants to sign a new deal with Villa, but if we are offering say 10k per week, but the longer he holds out and has other offers come in the more likely he will be to get say 15k. It's a ploy used a lot in football.

The problem is it may come at the detriment of his first team opportunities this season.

There's no doubt about it he's a talented player, but right now he's not Premier League ready. He could do with filling out a little bit more, and easing his way into the first team. This season is the start of that for him.

23 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Slow and Dortmund doesn't really fit. A lot of the Bundesliga clubs play a very fast transition football and there are certainly not many passengers.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, sne said:

Slow and Dortmund doesn't really fit. A lot of the Bundesliga clubs play a very fast transition football and there are certainly not many passengers.

It’s still not as competitive as the premier league,  MR Rapid Leon Bailey is struggling to adapt to the pace , As is Jaden Sancho,  Slower i.e more time on the ball better players around him 

I'd be tempted to play him on Tuesday against Charlton, him getting a game against first team opposition, should be more important than having him on the bench against Man City, unless we're absolutely sure he's going to be needed in that game.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gwi1890 said:

It’s still not as competitive as the premier league,  MR Rapid Leon Bailey is struggling to adapt to the pace , As is Jaden Sancho,  Slower i.e more time on the ball better players around him 

Well, I think you'll find that when Bailey is no longer injured and fully fit he will be quite the player in the PL too.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gwi1890 said:

Top 3 teams in the Premier League have conceded 21 goals between them and lost 4 games. Top 2 in Germany have conceded 32 goals and lost 5 games. 

I would call that a bit more competitive 

21 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

There's still no evidence at all that Carney Chukwuemeka wants anything other than to get on and enjoy his football. He's said nothing about demanding first team minutes, he's said nothing about wanting to move to a big club, he's said nothing about wanting more money, in short, he's said nothing at all.

He's playing for the U23's and he's in our first team squads, there's nothing obvious looking at him in either of those places that suggests he has any sort of attitude problem and there's nothing from the coaching teams at either level that says so either.

A while ago our CEO said he was the best sixteen year old in the country and as a result a lot of journalists got to hear his name, he's now in contract negotiations that will be quite complicated, but he has eighteen months to negotiate that deal, there might be agents stirring the pot, they might not be his agents, there might just be journalists with pages to fill and clicks to find - we don't know.

From a footballing perspective, I'd like to see him get a loan, I think it'd be really good for his development and give him a chance to push on. From a contract perspective I'd like to see him signed up, he's a fine young player. From an attitude perspective, I'd like to live in a world not dominated by the imaginations of others; let the boy be.

Thats a fair view, and I hope you are right....but there has been a fair bit of speculation to suggest otherwise, that would prompt comment.

I hope you are right, because I don't think this regime will tolerate attitude.

Â