Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

Similar to Archer not signing a deal, is it possible that there is a feeling of ‘empty promises’ from some of our youngsters? There has been a lot of talk about a clear pathway into the first team for our young players, but very little evidence of this other than cup games. Is there a frustration building?

19 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Frustrated at lack of first team action

Utd, City and Liverpool interested 

Was going to post the same thing after reading that article. 

What a shit article. 

6 minutes ago, Woody1000 said:

Similar to Archer not signing a deal, is it possible that there is a feeling of ‘empty promises’ from some of our youngsters? There has been a lot of talk about a clear pathway into the first team for our young players, but very little evidence of this other than cup games. Is there a frustration building?

He just turned 18 last month. This is the toughest league in the world and he didnt exactly excel vs Brentford . Agent is an utter dick 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

He just turned 18 last month. This is the toughest league in the world and he didnt exactly excel vs Brentford . Agent is an utter dick 

I’m not saying it’s justified, was just asking the question.

Yes, that's what he needs, a move to Man United, Liverpool or Man City, where he'll definitely be getting first team, game time.

Sorry but I sometimes find these things, along with " I want to play Champions League Football " , often translate to, I want more money, than what you're currently offering.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

Unfortunately the problem could be young players seeing Bellingham playing first team football for Dortmund and England, and they expect the same?  Carney is the same age as Bellingham.

His agent could now be in his ear saying that he can play regularly for a top team in either the Premier League or Europe?

Be a real shame if we lose him but it happens.  Even City lost Sancho because the pathway to the first team was clouded.

12 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Can't displace Nakamba, Ramsey, mcginn or Luiz from our starting 11 but fancies his chances of getting in ahead of KDB, fernandinho, silva, gundogan, rodri et al

Sure thing kidda 

But McFred and Pogba 😉

5 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Unfortunately the problem could be young players seeing Bellingham playing first team football for Dortmund and England, and they expect the same?  Carney is the same age as Bellingham.

His agent could now be in his ear saying that he can play regularly for a top team in either the Premier League or Europe?

Be a real shame if we lose him but it happens.  Even City lost Sancho because the pathway to the first team was clouded.

I could understand that if he’d shone when he had featured but he got a bit lost.  Obviously the more game time he gets the more he’ll grow but we’re not in a position to take those kind of risks. If it’s really about game time, he should go on loan. 

• Like 1

Probably blown out of all proportions. He just doesn't wan to sign one now. No rush... he'll see how the remainder of the season goes first. 

• Like 1

Just now, WallisFrizz said:

I could understand that if he’d shone when he had featured but he got a bit lost.  Obviously the more game time he gets the more he’ll grow but we’re not in a position to take those kind of risks. If it’s really about game time, he should go on loan. 

I totally agree. Personally, I don’t think he’s ready to play 20 first team games for us and he should be content making several appearances from the bench this season. However, without repeating my earlier post it could be a little of the green eyed monster creeping in?

8 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

But as @villa4europesaid, He can’t currently get in ahead of of the current Villa midfield, so if his agent is telling him that Carney should probably consider changing his agent. 

All that said, I don’t believe the article for a minute so before we judge the lad we should probably consider the fact that the article is bollocks. 

Â