Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

Carney will surely see that it is possible to get first team chances. Firstly because it's already been handed to him. Secondly because Jacob is given it based on his output. That should surely be enough drive if he personally thinks that he is better. You have to prove yourself at this level and I don't believe he fears it. We now have Steven Gerrard as our manager who was one of the finest players in the middle of the park. If anything I think Carney is more motivated to learn and improve than ever right now. Wouldn't you be?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

Carney will surely see that it is possible to get first team chances. Firstly because it's already been handed to him. Secondly because Jacob is given it based on his output. That should surely be enough drive if he personally thinks that he is better. You have to prove yourself at this level and I don't believe he fears it. We now have Steven Gerrard as our manager who was one of the finest players in the middle of the park. If anything I think Carney is more motivated to learn and improve than ever right now. Wouldn't you be?

I'm sure he does see it, but I don't think he has a clear path right now. 

1 hour ago, Made In Aston said:

you think he will drop down though? push for a permanent move to a championship team?

because if he runs his contract down or we try and sell him i think big fish come in and big fish would represent an even worse path to the first team

the interesting thing would obviously be if he went to europe and saw his future doing a sancho or madueke or panzo but those guys left top 4 clubs chasing football 

3 hours ago, Made In Aston said:

Me personally ( and knowing i will get laughed out of town ) would put him left wing in the Grealish position to learn his trade. He has incredibly quick feet in small areas like Joe did and can play the same way as him. We have Bailey Buendia and Traore who are all most effective on the right. In centre mid he is too laid back and languid at the moment and midfielders just cramp his abilities. This way he gets game time while actually offering something different to the team . He signs a contracf if we do this and gives us the chance to watch Bailey cut in from the right where he can unleash his pace and shooting. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Me personally ( and knowing i will get laughed out of town ) would put him left wing in the Grealish position to learn his trade. He has incredibly quick feet in small areas like Joe did and can play the same way as him. We have Bailey Buendia and Traore who are all most effective on the right. In centre mid he is too laid back and languid at the moment and midfielders just cramp his abilities. This way he gets game time while actually offering something different to the team . He signs a contracf if we do this and gives us the chance to watch Bailey cut in from the right where he can unleash his pace and shooting. 

Grealish and Carney couldn’t be any more different mate. He also hasn’t got the pace. Think Paul Pogba trying to play that grealish role that’s basically what you’re suggesting 

There is also that he needs to be good enough. He has faded a little: Archer and Bidace, and even Aaron Ramsey are headline now.  He needs to take his chances, even at U21, U23 he isn’t quite as stand out as he was 8 months ago. That’s not being detrimental, but he may see Villa as his best chance in the big time. Can’t see Dortmund offering him a better chance than us at the moment.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, IrishVilla10 said:

Grealish and Carney couldn’t be any more different mate. He also hasn’t got the pace. Think Paul Pogba trying to play that grealish role that’s basically what you’re suggesting 

This is what i mean. If Gerrard likes 2 number 10s then this is what he offers albeit at youth level. A lot of similarities 

14 hours ago, villa4europe said:

you think he will drop down though? push for a permanent move to a championship team?

I think he would drop down with a view to improving enough for first team cuteness at Villa. He would only push for a permanent move if he was told by the club he didn't have a chance. 

Chukwuemeka isn't slow, can probably move faster than most with the ball at his feet, so he's good at carrying the ball forward from deep positions, over short distances around the penalty box he has good acceleration, he's kind of deceptive in that way, similar to his brother, and he has excellent close control to go with it.

That said he's done so well up until now as an attacking central midfielder midfielder, that it wouldn't really make sense to play to then suddenly play him in a different position, and it's not as if we're short of wide options from the academy, Barry, Philogene-Bidace, and Archer all play most of their football out wide, so not sure why we'd suddenly play Chukwuemeka there ahead of those.

He will be fine as a central midfielder, that's his position, if you watch U23 games so much of his good work is in the middle of the pitch, not just in the final third, but up and down the pitch, that it would be a shame to move him from that area.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, thunderball said:

There is also that he needs to be good enough. He has faded a little: Archer and Bidace, and even Aaron Ramsey are headline now.  He needs to take his chances, even at U21, U23 he isn’t quite as stand out as he was 8 months ago. That’s not being detrimental, but he may see Villa as his best chance in the big time. Can’t see Dortmund offering him a better chance than us at the moment.

Can't see him going to Dortmund either. 

I disagree with your first statement btw. Along with JPB he was the best player on the pitch against Burnley U23's in the PL2 the other night. Just oozes class. He's also been scoring for England U19's recently and has played every minute for them in their qualifying campaign, the only player to do so in the squad. 

2 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

This is what i mean. If Gerrard likes 2 number 10s then this is what he offers albeit at youth level. A lot of similarities 

There’s some serious competition in that position here though 

33 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

When’s his contract expire ? I don’t think there’s any concerns about him signing a new one unless one of the big clubs are sniffing. 

I don't think he has shown enough for any `big clubs' to be sniffing around him.

• Like 1

Â