Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

2 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

I think there seems to be something off with this as its football suicide to say he will not sjgn a new contract when he has 19 months left on his deal.  The way that u21 transfers tend to be extremely low value means that theres no reason to sell him . And no one is going to come in with a huge offer as he has only one start in the league which wasnt exactly stellar. 

Someone is playing silly buggers with his career and he needs to be very careful with how his representation or his family portray him. This reminds me of Gerrards cousin Bobby wasnt it ? 

So i would suggest that he becomes humble. Absorbs all the help and information that 2 midfield legends on the coaching staff can impart and show he has the brains and attitude to go alongside his huge skillset 

Tbf it's a difficult one. The coaching staff are in the business on winning games right here and now (and rightly so) 

They have made the decision that plonking an 18 year old in those matches might reduce the chances of winning games.

Bear in mind the financial implacation of relegation or financial rewards of Europe - any lost fee on Carney is small by comparison 

Remember how up in arms we were when Dan Crowley left for Arsenal ? And how releived when Andre Green signed a new deal.?

This things have a habit of sorting themselves out.

• Like 2

On 28/11/2021 at 14:21, OutByEaster? said:

There's still no evidence at all that Carney Chukwuemeka wants anything other than to get on and enjoy his football. He's said nothing about demanding first team minutes, he's said nothing about wanting to move to a big club, he's said nothing about wanting more money, in short, he's said nothing at all.

He's playing for the U23's and he's in our first team squads, there's nothing obvious looking at him in either of those places that suggests he has any sort of attitude problem and there's nothing from the coaching teams at either level that says so either.

A while ago our CEO said he was the best sixteen year old in the country and as a result a lot of journalists got to hear his name, he's now in contract negotiations that will be quite complicated, but he has eighteen months to negotiate that deal, there might be agents stirring the pot, they might not be his agents, there might just be journalists with pages to fill and clicks to find - we don't know.

From a footballing perspective, I'd like to see him get a loan, I think it'd be really good for his development and give him a chance to push on. From a contract perspective I'd like to see him signed up, he's a fine young player. From an attitude perspective, I'd like to live in a world not dominated by the imaginations of others; let the boy be.

100% thank you.

People shouldn't get mad because some journalist made up a story for clicks.

So, he could potentially be in five squads in eight days, which of these do you put him in?

• U21- Papa Johns - Charlton -tonight
  • First Team - Premier League - Man City - tomorrow
  • First Team - Premier League - Leicester - Sunday
  • U23's - PL2 - small heath - Monday
  • U18's - FA Youth Cup - Leicester - Tuesday

• Thanks 1

Give him some game time tonight in the 2nd half.   If he's looking for an improved contract at all then he needs to earn it by not looking out of place in the 1st team. 

34 minutes ago, dubbs said:

Give him some game time tonight in the 2nd half.   If he's looking for an improved contract at all then he needs to earn it by not looking out of place in the 1st team. 

We also need to try and get a result 

6 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

We also need to try and get a result 

There’s no bigger free hit than Man City. Perfect time for him to get 30 mins in the 2nd half.

Remember Carney and Bidace coming on for the last few minutes against Chelsea trying to see out the game, both looked great. In fact Bidace not getting a go is annoying me more atm, would love to see him on the left of a front three with Watkins and Bailey. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Awol said:

There’s no bigger free hit than Man City. Perfect time for him to get 30 mins in the 2nd half.

Remember Carney and Bidace coming on for the last few minutes against Chelsea trying to see out the game, both looked great. In fact Bidace not getting a go is annoying me more atm, would love to see him on the left of a front three with Watkins and Bailey. 

If we are competitive and still in it then no, we have other midfielders that need minutes and development, yes I’m a fan of Bidace to but we’re stacked in that position  

If he is indeed impatient then he has to go out on loan somewhere equivalent or better than the championship. He can’t expect to get first team action regularly unless he’s good enough. Bellingham didn’t demand prem minutes from the start, why should CC get special treatment. Earn it my man. 

33 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Yeah, we kind of have enough players in CM already and he's arguably behind all of them. Loan seems the best option.

December is traditionally when loads of players get injured, so that could change quite quickly.

On 29/11/2021 at 21:58, The_Steve said:

100% thank you.

People shouldn't get mad because some journalist made up a story for clicks.

Thats true....but for many of us its our only source of information....as an example, Steven Gerrard was mooted as our next manager, very early on, did we ignore that as pie in the sky?

Its very difficult to believe some and ignore others....unless we have a hotline to Villa Park...We don't know which is the story for clicks.

One of the reasons to write on here, is to seek out the credibility/ likelyhood of a rumour.

Â