Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

1 minute ago, Steero113 said:

Patience?? Sorry mate, no can do. 

I'd rather read 182 pages of Tammy Abraham's non existant return to Aston Villa and the 'arguments' for and against said move from the summer just gone. And that's saying something. 

You wash your mouth out! That’s still going to happen, just delayed a little bit…

😉

Edited by nick76
  • Haha 2

The Secret Scout are very reliable for youth football, they get their information straight from the players. If they're saying that Carney is baffled by the story, then that's almost certainly the case.

Edited by useless
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Sometimes these things are ten-second throwaway comments. His agent might have said “at the moment he’s not signing a deal until he sees there’s a definite pathway to the team as he’d like to be playing more.” Everything else in that piece could come from that sentence.

It ends up in the newspaper because the agent tells the journalist to put it there. He's a player who has made 3 or 4 first-team appearances, he doesn't have Guardian journalists trailing every move he makes.

2 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Something tells me that he might not become the player that the hype suggests. 

Raikhy is the one for me who stood out amongst that Youth cup team. I would be more concerned if he wanted to leave, he has everything you want in a central midfielder. 

I think the complete opposite mate. Kids going to be a star. 

5 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

It ends up in the newspaper because the agent tells the journalist to put it there. He's a player who has made 3 or 4 first-team appearances, he doesn't have Guardian journalists trailing every move he makes.

I’m not disagreeing with you as such but I also don’t know who his agent is - could have been a throwaway comment in a wider chat about something completely different. Obviously most likely thing is it’s just a little contract negotiation. He has a deal for another 2 years anyway so it’s not one to lose sleep over.

Chukwuemeka has as good as denied the story, that it's a 'story' in the first place is probably just a journalist putting two and two together to come up with an article, there's probably not even any input from his agent.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If someones willing to give him first team football and lifechanging wages then good luck to him and his agent. The club would obviously have told him they want him to stay, even brought his brother in. If Gerrard cant convince him and somehow integrate him into getting nearer the first team, then if he still wants out then so be it

• Like 3

Why are people completely ignoring the The Secret Scout tweet, they're the most reliable source for youth football, they get their information straight from the players. If John Percy said that Chukwuemeka had handed in a transfer request and then Secret Scout contradicted him, I'd believe The Secret Scout over John Percy, if they're saying that Chukwuemeka is baffled by the story and doesn't know where it's come from then you can take it that they got that information from Chukwuemeka himself.

• Like 1

The text on the picture that they've used doesn't help... as I imagine a lot of people will just look at dat and ignore the actual text... the important information is in the caption...

'Following reports this evening of Carney leaving. TSS has learned that the they are ‘baffled’ where this information has come from. Club and player still in negotiations. Carney is focused on performing well and impressing the new manager '

• Like 1

He’s 18 clearly talented, with huge potential, however he has proved nothing at first team level in his limited time on the pitch, he might in the future,  statistics probably are against him because there have been numerous Carneys around the country in the past that have failed to produce on a regular basis. Is it him or his agent spouting this s**t ?who knows? .He should be happy to be in the squad tomorrow and hell bent on using the rest of his contract to convince the manager and coaches he is as good as he is supposed to be and become the player that every Villa fan hopes he could be. However if he genuinely believes his current club is not good enough for him then he can f**k off elsewhere there are plenty before him that have made the same mistake .

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, smg said:

He’s 18 clearly talented, with huge potential, however he has proved nothing at first team level in his limited time on the pitch, he might in the future,  statistics probably are against him because there have been numerous Carneys around the country in the past that have failed to produce on a regular basis. Is it him or his agent spouting this s**t ?who knows? .He should be happy to be in the squad tomorrow and hell bent on using the rest of his contract to convince the manager and coaches he is as good as he is supposed to be and become the player that every Villa fan hopes he could be. However if he genuinely believes his current club is not good enough for him then he can f**k off elsewhere there are plenty before him that have made the same mistake .

Kind of what Gerrard said about all the kids in his presser today. 

Not sure why people are having a go at Chukwuemeka over an obviously made up article, not really fair on him, and to be honest not really fair on his agent, it will just be the journalist speculating, he's one of the most highly rated youth players in the country, so yes the media will write specualtion about him and won't need promting from agents to do so.

Again The Secret Scout are the most reliable source for youth football and get their information directly from the players, if they're saying that Chukwuemeka is baffled by the story then that's the case.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, useless said:

Not sure why people are having a go at Chukwuemeka over an obviously made up article, not really fair on him, and to be honest not really fair on his agent, it will just be the journalist speculating, he's one of the most highly rated youth players in the country, so yes the media will write specualtion about him and won't need promting from agents to do so.

Again The Secret Scout are the most reliable source for youth football and get their information directly from the players, if they're saying that Chukwuemeka is baffled by the story then that's the case.

Agree. Pretty unfair on a kid that’s done nothing wrong at all.

It's really difficult to properly value a player at this moment in his career. If you're his agent, you want him paid now for what he might be in 2025, if you're the club you want to pay for the player you have today.  It's the kind of thing that leads to disparity. 

I guess the question comes down to whether there's anyone out there that's willing to offer him £40k a week, to make the jump from 'might be' to 'money' now and hope the player catches up with the wage. I'm not sure there is and I'm sure he's bright enough to know that there's more to the development of his career than being on a different bench with an agent who drives a nicer car.

I'm still pretty relaxed on this one, it's not like the contract is up this summer, there's still plenty of time to get it sorted and I think we will.

Should point out that The Secret Scout don't primarily deal in transfer speculation, their main focus is on giving coverage to youth players and academy teams and highlighting the most promising players coming, and because of that they're well respected amongst youth players and those involved in that side of things, and as a result they get very reliable information on things like this. They're not just some random Twitter/instagram account.

• Like 1

Â