Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

1 hour ago, a m ole said:

1. Believe speculative story

2. infer

3. ignore counter story

4. anger

Take speculative story, provide speculative joke response if story true, hope people smart enough to understand that without posting "if said speculative is true then..", but forget such hope based upon speculative over estimation of intelligence of certain posters. 

Edited by smokingzen

27 minutes ago, smokingzen said:

Take speculative story, provide speculative joke response if story true, hope people smart enough to understand that without posting "if said speculative is true then..", but forget such hope based upon speculative over estimation of intelligence of certain posters. 

You’re not the only one. 

5 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Out of interest, what would people think an eighteen year old with Carney's massive potential should be earning for the next three years?

I think that's kind of second to getting game time in the first team. If money is the primary driver, then I kind of question, the motivation and drive of the player to really make the most of their talent.

Paying an 18 year old 15 - 20 grand a week is in some senses just ridiculous. But I'm sure he'll get that, or more. Maybe heavily weighted around performance and stuff?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, blandy said:

I think that's kind of second to getting game time in the first team. If money is the primary driver, then I kind of question, the motivation and drive of the player to really make the most of their talent.

Paying an 18 year old 15 - 20 grand a week is in some senses just ridiculous. But I'm sure he'll get that, or more. Maybe heavily weighted around performance and stuff?

Absolutely, and I'm sure that's his focus - he'll have a team of people behind the scenes trying to get him as much money as they can - I just wanted to highlight how difficult it is to gauge the wage value of a footballer in Carney's position in the hope that might go some way toward explaining why this might be a negotiation that will be difficult and take some time. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, blandy said:

Non first team starter of his age group and experience will be looking between £1000 and £7500 pw depending on potential breakthrough potential, the 15-20k group are for your top top young players the fodens etc , he’s decent but is he a top talent ?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, thabucks said:

Nice bit of blatant racism in the daily heil - using photos of Caleb 

To be fair in the examples of this that happen, getting two brothers from a youth team mixed up is not the worst. The guy who searched ‘Chukwuemeka Villa’ in their pictures database probably doesn’t even know he has a brother. Sloppy but I’ll let that one pass even for the Mail ;)

11 minutes ago, Chine said:

Non first team starter of his age group and experience will be looking between £1000 and £7500 pw depending on potential breakthrough potential, the 15-20k group are for your top top young players the fodens etc , he’s decent but is he a top talent ?

Well, if you were his agent you’d be pointing straight to our CEO saying he’s the best of his age in the country to justify your position that he is.

I'm sure he will go on to have a great career, either at Villa or elsewhere. But ultimately if he dosen't want to commit to the club, as is his right, then thats fair enough. Either it works out or it dosen't, I'm sure he is talented enough to have a good career in the game. Personally I like the look of him when he has played, but if he does leave then we still have other good youth prosepcts like Ramsey and Archer. Besides, it dosen't always work out at the big clubs if you leave. He is still very young, but it is also understandable that he is frustrated. I would counsel all teenagers to look at the long term rather than short term, the grass isn't always greener. Sometimes slowing down and taking time to think things through is the best option.

1 minute ago, Adam2003 said:

Well, if you were his agent you’d be pointing straight to our CEO saying he’s the best of his age in the country to justify your position that he is.

we won’t be getting pumped by agents over young players financially or written in contract game time , those days are gone , you either want to break into the first team or your not good enough and off you go 

The only way he's getting starts is if he shows enough to be rotating with JJ and that's going to be a massive ask given the latters recent form. 

Shame we're not in Europe or he'd be getting regular rotations and the opportunity to show form in 1st team minutes. 

If he's spoiling for a move now imagine what he will be like in 2 seasons time once he gets some game time...... Attitude over ability for me, every time. Needs to bide his time. Management should have him in and have a chat to see what he expects and if we can't meet that expectation we should move him on .

A shame but I'd move him on. It was similar with him before he signed his Pro contract. Was talk of going to Germany and whether he'd stay or move as he wanted bigger opportunities.

Was always concerned when it felt like the family pushed Caleb to us - despite how talented he might be - it felt like a forced move and showed where the priorities were. Cash.

I know a former coach from Nottingham who said the family had a lot of input and he basically stopped trying when he knew he could move  on. There were concerns about attitude with Caleb for a little while.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

A shame but I'd move him on. It was similar with him before he signed his Pro contract. Was talk of going to Germany and whether he'd stay or move as he wanted bigger opportunities.

Was always concerned when it felt like the family pushed Caleb to us - despite how talented he might be - it felt like a forced move and showed where the priorities were. Cash.

I know a former coach from Nottingham who said the family had a lot of input and he basically stopped trying when he knew he could move  on. There were concerns about attitude with Caleb for a little while.

What have Nottingham got to do with it?

He's a fantastic prospect but he's not starting because he's not good enough yet and there are better players ahead of him, just needs to be patient and work hard in training to impress.

It would be unfortunate if there was any truth in this but bigger and better players than him have left Villa it wouldn't be catastrophic for the club.

14 minutes ago, a m ole said:

What have Nottingham got to do with it?

Sorry maybe I didn't word well enough.

Caleb was at Nottingham, a coach there said the family could be difficult and were really pushing his move well before he actually came to us. I think maybe as long as a year before he moved. His focus dropped and there was quite a lot of talk about a bigger move available to him.

To me it felt a bit of a warning as to what could happen with Carney. In a similar way to Carney having not really achieved anything yet and us saying 'he should get his head down and earn a move or his 1st team place's is similar to how Nott fans felt about Caleb

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Sorry maybe I didn't word well enough.

Caleb was at Nottingham, a coach there said the family could be difficult and were really pushing his move well before he actually came to us. I think maybe as long as a year before he moved. His focus dropped and there was quite a lot of talk about a bigger move available to him.

To me it felt a bit of a warning as to what could happen with Carney. In a similar way to Carney having not really achieved anything yet and us saying 'he should get his head down and earn a move or his 1st team place's is similar to how Nott fans felt about Caleb

Caleb's never been at Nottingham?

Â