Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

2 minutes ago, useless said:

He okay, he's not expected to look like a world beater as has been said before if you've got a player from the academy not looking out of place then that's a good sign.

Today was only his second ever start and it's not as if he's been coming off the bench regularly, before today he'd played just over two games worth of premier league football. Wasn't amazing, but he did fine and this experience will help him develop and improve.

Also worth remembering that he was essentially being played out of position, he has very little experience of playing as part of a front three, barely any at all, and I think that role was made even harder for him today by how deep Buendia was dropping.

He looked at of place tonight imo. I felt sorry for the kid. He has a lot to learn but has age on his side. If he signs a contract he needs to go straight out on loan. 

Edited by WHY

The contract thing has probably falsely affected people’s perception of him as a footballer “ He’s stalling, loads of interest in him, he must be class “ when in reality we’ve not seen anything on the pitch to confirm what many of us think. He may very well be good. He was ok tonight. 

• Like 3

Carried the ball forward a few times but can't say he's doing much in these rare starts to suggest he's ready to start 15-20 games at this level.

Think he's a fair bit off where Ramsey was when he broke through in December 2020 and it took him a year to establish himself as week in week out starter so to me he's just got to knuckle down and get a good pre season under his belt as he will get chances next season.

He wouldn't be starting for all these amazing Bundesliga clubs his agent is no doubt telling saying all want to sign him either.

54 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

He gained experience but we need immediate results.  Hard to imagine that Sanson or Naka (thus pushing Luiz forward) would not have brought more to the game.

Unless they are an absolute Rooney or Owen type phenom, think our highly rated youth players need to be loaned out until around age 20 or 21. You can't talk about challenging for Europe and then also be embedding teenagers in your squad

Bang on.

Fans rave about how good a team we are blooding the youth, unlike other teams. But there's a time and place to give the youth a chance, an because of the finance in football now, an the desperation for success, unfortunately it's not gonna be in the premier League.

Look at the top 6/8 and tell me who's got a couple of mediocre 18 year olds in the first team getting game time over experienced players, unless there running out of options I doubt you will find any.

I've watched this lad a few times now, both in the first team and for the kids.  You can see he's technically gifted, but beyond that I'm not sure where the hype is coming from.  He seems to stroll around the park without much purpose most of the time.  Tonight, quite a few times I saw him just standing with his back to the game while we were trying to pass it from front to back.  Just didn't look like he even wanted to get on the ball.  Doesn't seem to exert himself enough for me.  Maybe that's just body language, I don't know, but at his age you really need to be very special to make an impact in top flight football.  I just don't see it.  Hope he can prove himself here, but all the stalling on signing a new contract doesn't seem worth the effort.  He'll not go anywhere at an equivalent level and pull up any trees.... 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

I couldn't watch the game tonight. Still some Pogba vibes?

We wish.

Started ok but then was simply anonymous or poor. Not even glimpses of quality that we have seen from him at times before.

Slowed more and more as the game went on, when players ten or more years his senior were still racing. 

I think he is going to sign a new deal , after tonight my feelings are a bit mixed on that.

Edited by ciggiesnbeer

1 minute ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

We wish.

Started ok but then was simply anonymous or poor. Not even glimpses of quality that we have seen from him at times before.

I think he is going to sign a new deal , after tonight my feelings are a bit mixed on that.

Out of reactions but cheers 👍

• Like 1

He's getting way more game time than he's ready for imo, needs a season or two on loan. It feels like this is Gerrard trying to appease him so he'll sign a contract, but if playing regular Premier League football at 18 is a condition of him signing the contract then that is ridiculous. I'd have much rather seen what Sanson could do over the last few months, instead we'll now likely lose him in the summer.

1 minute ago, will87 said:

He's getting way more game time than he's ready for imo, needs a season or two on loan. It feels like this is Gerrard trying to appease him so he'll sign a contract, but if playing regular Premier League football at 18 is a condition of him signing the contract then that is ridiculous. I'd have much rather seen what Sanson could do over the last few months, instead we'll now likely lose him in the summer.

It could also have been a case of "here you go son, here's your chance to prove to me that you're worth a stupid-money contract."  

Getting substituted ten minutes into the second half wasn't a good sign that he proved anything to the manager...🤔

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Condimentalist said:

He needs a loan to the Champ. If he thinks he's too good for that he's sorely mistaken. 

Your exactly right, perfect would be Norwich under Dean but not a hope that happens till his contact situation is sorted

• Like 1

Still the youngest player to start a game this season and only 3 players younger than him have played minutes and about 20 between them at most. 

Tim is the 3rd youngest starter with Elliott in between them

• Like 2

not buying the hype, at least compared to our other youngsters. we can't keep hold of them all, some will make it with us, others will make it with other clubs, others might fall out of the game altogether.

for me im not sure he justifies a starting spot right now, and if he wants to play regularly then we should respect that and let him go. Archer, Ramsey, JPB and Tim Iroegbunam are the ones we need to focus on imo. longer term KKH, but for me if he leaves to seek first team football then thats fair enough

43 minutes ago, Villatillidie95 said:

not buying the hype, at least compared to our other youngsters. we can't keep hold of them all, some will make it with us, others will make it with other clubs, others might fall out of the game altogether.

for me im not sure he justifies a starting spot right now, and if he wants to play regularly then we should respect that and let him go. Archer, Ramsey, JPB and Tim Iroegbunam are the ones we need to focus on imo. longer term KKH, but for me if he leaves to seek first team football then thats fair enough

He is the youngest of them all. He is 20 months younger than Archer who this time last year was probably about to be released

• Like 1

Yes he's 18 and a bit raw but I didn't see too much to impress me last night. Perfect chance for him to make a mark against a team willing to defend deeply. 

If he isn't giving it the berty big bollocks about not signing a contract or believing his own hype then fair enough, let's give him more chances but if loaning out to championship teams is good enough for other young players then he's no exception.

As BFR said "don't tell me - show me"

• Like 3

Â