Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

He needs to own this chance . Buendia will cause chaos i hope and Carney can benefit from it.  Come on lad. Enough of the promise. Its a year since you made your debut against Spursy. . Now is the time to show what you are made of 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Hope he scores 4 and celebrates like Jordan Belfort after each goal

Run to the camera and scream “I’m not f***ing leaving”? That would be good. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

He's 18 years old

He was perfectly fine, you could see at times that he lacks experience which is to be expected, a few times tackling from the wrong side etc but he did nothing wrong, also like that he wants to drive with the ball, him and Ramsey can both carry it 

Also waiting for someone to call him lazy... His pressing was fine too

He didnt do anything really bad but  with 75 percent posession in the first half he needs to take advantage of the chance Gerrard gave him to shine and show his undoubted ability. 

• Like 1

Wow he was nonexistent mostly and very poor when we did see him.  The kid has massive talent but tonight he didn’t show any of it, I would’ve brought him off at halftime.

Just now, MWARLEY2 said:

He didnt do anything really bad but  with 75 percent posession in the first half he needs to take advantage of the chance Gerrard gave him to shine and show his undoubted ability. 

Do you not think that at least some of that 75% possession is because he's doing nothing wrong? 

I'm not sure what taking the opportunity is for an 18 year old central midfielder, what's the measuring stick? Goals and assists? Or just keeping the ball ticking over, looking comfortable in possession because he did both of those

I don't know what people expect 

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Wow he was nonexistent mostly and very poor when we did see him.  The kid has massive talent but tonight he didn’t show any of it, I would’ve brought him off at halftime.

Can’t think of many 18 year olds playing premier league football, He wasn’t spectacular by any means but wasn’t a liability,  hooking a kid at half time and destroying his confidence isn’t good management, the minutes he’s earning hopefully is part of a bigger plan/picture, they can’t all be Mbappe and Haaland.

12 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

He's 18 years old

He was perfectly fine, you could see at times that he lacks experience which is to be expected, a few times tackling from the wrong side etc but he did nothing wrong, also like that he wants to drive with the ball, him and Ramsey can both carry it 

Also waiting for someone to call him lazy... His pressing was fine too

Him starting is a massive show of confidence regardless of the performance (which is secondary). It wasn't going to be the game for him, but him being on the match day image and his photos on Twitter is a big deal.

Held his own against a bunch of cloggers did what was expected of him at this age. It’s about building up his game awareness, getting used to the physicality.

His job was to support Buendia he did it well enough. Hope he starts Sunday to get him more experience. 

Edited by Sulberto21
  • Like 1

Looks to me like a player that needs to go out on loan imo. He's in that weird position where he's too good for youth level football but just needs first team games and experience in mens football. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Do you not think that at least some of that 75% possession is because he's doing nothing wrong? 

I'm not sure what taking the opportunity is for an 18 year old central midfielder, what's the measuring stick? Goals and assists? Or just keeping the ball ticking over, looking comfortable in possession because he did both of those

I don't know what people expect 

His whole game is based on creativity . When he plays in the 1st team he hasnt been able to show any of that so far. I am not knocking him. Just pointing out the flaws in his game at this level and that he needs to start showing more if he is to progress and turn into the potentially top class player we hope he can be. 

Â