Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

assuming we stay up (which isnt remotely certain ofc), personally, my top targets would be as follows (assuming 150m + grealish money):

DM/MC (x2) - unsure......any idea who would be a high quality DM/MC? (doucoure?, someone else proven?)

Wingers (x2) - Cantwell (30m?), Buendia (30m?), Benrahma (30m?)

Striker (x1) - unsure (we need someone quality though with Wesley being injured until christmas prob)

Im all for taking punts on high potential foreign players, but i think we need some stability, with proven premier league quality in this window. (or a foreign player who has proven quality).

Cantwell is not that good. Buendia however? Baller. Wanna see us play that three #10's behind the striker formation, 2 of them slightly wider. Imagine that being Jack, Buendia and Benrahma. That would be sick.

• Like 1

If we stay up.. a big if still....I know he’s had a fair few injuries in the past, but for a free transfer Adam Lallana may not be a bad shout. He can play wide or through the middle (similar to Jack). Has bags of experience and is only 32. Yes with his injuries it’s a gamble, but so was Ings and Cahill, which in hindsight we all would have taken the his season.

Edited by mikeyp102

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

Cantwell is not that good. Buendia however? Baller. Wanna see us play that three #10's behind the striker formation, 2 of them slightly wider. Imagine that being Jack, Buendia and Benrahma. That would be sick.

I wouldnt be a fan of Cantwell, I think the hype about him came from the City game when he played well but except that he isnt really anything special. We could definitely do a lot better

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, useless said:

These transfer threads aren't as adventerous as they used to be, seems now people get fixated on the same few players,funny thing is I'm not sure how much many of them would improve us all that much. If we stay up, rather than just thinking about players from championship teams and relegated clubs we could do with some with more top flight experience and that have had some success in their careers.

True, you'd think that Billing, Benrahama, Lolley, Cantwell and so on were the only players in existence, I bet we sign none of Benrahama, Billing, Lolley, Cantwell, Buendia, or Abraham.

Edited by useless

Of all the championship players that are being suggested Eze is the one I'd like the most, probably more so than Benrahma. In fact even if we go down I'd be going all out to try and sign him anyway as a replacement for Grealish.

Everyone seems nuts on Eze.

He does look good, but he also looks quite similar to trez, in the sense that in trez's "best bit vids", he was running past players with some jinks and moves, if you watch Eze's highlight vids its quite similar, as in similar in the sense that a good defender would fall for 75% of it.

Could be worth a punt though, depending on cost.

1 hour ago, useless said:

True, you'd think that Billing, Benrahama, Lolley, Cantwell and so on were the only players in existence, I bet we sign none of Benrahama, Billing, Lolley, Cantwell, Buendia, or Abraham.

Are you talking to yourself? ;)

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

Whenever I've seen Eze he's looked nothing like Trezeguet, he's more like Grealish yes in terms of style of play. Very good all round footballer who can play midfield, out wide, or as a no.10.

• Like 2

How realistic would someone like Goncalo Guedes be? 23 years old, 21 caps for Portugal and already played for Benfica, PSG and Valencia in his career. Valencia have finished 9th and seemingly going to have another civil war so he might be sold.

If we are staying up and going to spend really big in summer those are types I'd be targeting rather than gambling on more unproven players. We need to be targeting players that can get us finishing top half and eventually back into european contention.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

If we stay up.. a big if still....I know he’s had a fair few injuries in the past, but for a free transfer Adam Lallana may not be a bad shout. He can play wide or through the middle (similar to Jack). Has bags of experience and is only 32. Yes with his injuries it’s a gamble, but so was Ings and Cahill, which in hindsight we all would have taken the his season.

Good shout.

11 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Tammy is probably not good enough for Chelsea but for a mid-table Premier club he would be a great addition. Let’s face it, that what we want to become. 

With them buying Werner I’d say that’s a statement that Tammy will be fighting for his place, with Werner starting I’d imagine. If we stay up I’d like to see us buying three or four players of Tammy’s level anyway so why not at least try for him since he’s worked well with us before? Imagine Tammy with Jack behind, Buendia and Benrahma either side, SJM and Douglas behind? Wet dream material ✊💦 

Edited by 7392craig
  • Like 2