Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

Tammy Abraham has reportedly refused contract talks at Chelsea, Abraham has been on the bench recently at Chelsea with Olivier Giroud being preferred. They’ve also signed Timo Werner recently and they have Michy Batshuayi there too. Abraham would be my dream signing for us, he’s scored 14 Premier League goals for Chelsea and 2 more in the Champions League, Chelsea would be silly to let him go I think 

• Like 4

If we stay and watford go, id look at getting Deuleofou or however its spelt......... always liked him

Centre Forward - thats the hard one.......... need to get it right

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Tammy Abraham has reportedly refused contract talks at Chelsea, Abraham has been on the bench recently at Chelsea with Olivier Giroud being preferred. They’ve also signed Timo Werner recently and they have Michy Batshuayi there too. Abraham would be my dream signing for us, he’s scored 14 Premier League goals for Chelsea and 2 more in the Champions League, Chelsea would be silly to let him go I think 

Yeah if there is even a sniff of a chance of Tammy being available then I'd pay whatever Chelsea wanted for him. However still too early to even dream of transfers right now. 

• Like 2

If we stay up we should go for Belotti, SantaMaria, Kurzawa, Tyrese Campbell ( villain4life recommend), Edinson Cavani on a free? (10 years after we rejected him!), Ryan Fraser is a free agent too. 3 of those mentioned are free agents. We can have a serious team next season. Okafor or any of the attackers at RB Salzburg would be great. If we're to splurge one player who I would like to have is Inaki Williams. 

We need to start behaving like a big club. Failing that the other winger Rashica from the bundeslinga can be effective.

One free signing I'd love is Chiellini. I think seeing him for a game or two in a Villa shirt would be epic. 😂

A very realistic list (Inaki Williams maybe not so).

Just now, sharkyvilla said:

Yeah if there is even a sniff of a chance of Tammy being available then I'd pay whatever Chelsea wanted for him. However still too early to even dream of transfers right now. 

I think you are absolutely spot on

• Like 1

I think Tammy will have bigger offers. I don't think he fell in love with the club. It was reported that he didn't hang around to celebrate the playoff win, flying straight off on holiday. 

With Jack off as well, I'd be surprised if we were his ideal landing spot. 

I'd also like to add that we were very close to signing Belotti and Leao last season. I don't think we will have such problems if we stay up. I've made limiting factor comments on Dean Smith during the season. I don't think we will have such problems this window 😉. If he keeps us up then Dean Smith won't be such a limiting factor in terms of signings in.

• Like 1

*IF* we stay up we are looking at another £150m spend except this time we need to get it right. Losing Jack is a huge blow but the ~£60m we get could be used to buy two very good players. Positions we need players in? Well I'd like to see us bring in a centre back, two full backs, 3 central midfielders, 3 wingers and 2 strikers. Oh and a goal keeper as well if heaton is crocked. Just sign all of them and we'll be okay.  

Edited by villa89

18 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I think Tammy will have bigger offers. I don't think he fell in love with the club. It was reported that he didn't hang around to celebrate the playoff win, flying straight off on holiday. 

With Jack off as well, I'd be surprised if we were his ideal landing spot. 

Where did you hear that flew straight off on holiday? I’m not doubting you. Our fans certainly loved Abraham when he was here, we wouldn’t be in the Premier League without him, I don’t think. Grealish is off, have I missed something?

We need goals and pace. A proven striker and at least 1 quality winger (preferably 2) is the bare minimum we need.

We don’t want to go out and sign another 8-9 players. We want 3 or 4 to improve the starting 11 and then maybe 1 or 2 players for the future, maybe a young lb to compete with targett

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jonjon said:

What makes you think that if we don't go up you can sign him this time round, according to to the press etc you weren't prepared to pay the price in the last window, I think Villa might have missed the boat once again this time round, his stock and price have escalated to at least twice the price you were "allegedly" prepared to pay, and even during this monitory restraint due to Covid-19 we are not desperate for the money, and also reading between the lines I think he would prefer a London club, but then, who knows, offer us and him the right money and he, like most players will go wherever, remember, money is still what it's all about. 

Wasn't he injured last season? It makes much more sense for us to go for him now assuming you guys don't come up and we don't go down. 

7 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Where did you hear that flew straight off on holiday? I’m not doubting you. Our fans certainly loved Abraham when he was here, we wouldn’t be in the Premier League without him, I don’t think. Grealish is off, have I missed something?

Greg Evans in the athletic. 

• Thanks 1