Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

10 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

We can afford Premier League wages, just not the inflated, unsustainable wages the likes of Everton and established teams throw at players so readily. It will get easier to offer more competitive wages with continued league status. The point is that the club will not throw money at short term solutions like before. 

The crumbs the press feed on in terms of speculation aren’t coming from the club, likely Bournemouth and others. They don’t know our transfer plans and are speculating for clicks. Nothing more. 

What are our transfer plans ?

Its got me baffeled.

6 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Apparently we're leading the chase for Harry Wilson. I wont even bother telling you the fee because you already know it.

He's exactly what we don't need IMO. 

I'm not surprised. He did play for Bournemouth last season after all.

Maybe we can get Phillip Billing as well.

Maybe they’re letting the targets get fit at other clubs rather than wasting a week or more transitioning to a new part of the world.

Gearing up for an ABSOLUTELY MEGA final few days pre window slamming shut.

5 minutes ago, paul514 said:

I can’t believe this window has gone this way for us 

January was pretty awful as well, aside from Samatta we failed to bring in any players and had to scrape as low as we could possibly go with Drinkwater and Bastion Boogers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Ha, Just wait until we get linked with Troy Deeney!....

5Rts.gif

I'm very much in favour of the Lange/Southampton transfer style of using stats to buy undervalued players across Europe, but I'd actually take Troy Deeney for £1-2mill. Can't fault his attitude, and if he pretended he was playing Villa every week instead of for Villa every week, he'd win golden boot.

1 minute ago, MrSmirch said:

Maybe they’re letting the targets get fit at other clubs rather than wasting a week or more transitioning to a new part of the world.

Gearing up for an ABSOLUTELY MEGA final few days pre window slamming shut.

Don’t bother I’ve given up the club are after trash pretending it’s treasure.

This window should have been so easy there was loads of early 20’s high quality relegated players and players in the championship (Eze, Benrahma, Henry, Buendia, Aarons, Sarr) and they are trying to sign people like King, Wilson and Martinez FML

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

January was pretty awful as well, aside from Samatta we failed to bring in any players and had to scrape as low as we could possibly go with Drinkwater and Bastion Boogers.

I understood that as we spent so much in the summer when we needed all those players and spent the budget. This is a whole different level

1 minute ago, paul514 said:

Don’t bother I’ve given up the club are after trash pretending it’s treasure.

This window should have been so easy there was loads of early 20’s high quality relegated players and players in the championship (Eze, Benrahma, Henry, Buendia, Aarons, Sarr) and they are trying to sign people like King, Wilson and Martinez FML

futurama squinting GIF

Really? Windows are never easy and this one was always going to be the most difficult ever post Covid.

Just now, Okonokos said:

futurama squinting GIF

Really? Windows are never easy and this one was always going to be the most difficult ever post Covid.

Yes, easy.

You take your budget and you use it on those players that are in inferior leagues who are happy with the wages you can pay.

It doesn’t get easier

• Like 1

Just now, paul514 said:

Yes, easy.

You take your budget and you use it on those players that are in inferior leagues who are happy with the wages you can pay.

It doesn’t get easier

It’s much more complicated than that. You’ve got to remember that a lot of thought and preparation goes into preparing the bid. 

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

Really surprised Cantwell and Buendia haven’t been linked yet. Would take both for sure. 

Same.  Even if we aren't in for them, I'd have expected the press to say we are. Wonder if that means anything?🤨