Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

18 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I think we would be willing to spend that amount if we could attract the right calibre of players. Which we clearly can't right now.

After watching that England game we should scrap buying English players 😂

• Haha 3

Uninspiring so far but plenty of time. I feel as long as Smith has any say and he head coach our signings will always be somewhat uninspiring (at the outset)That’s not to say they won’t be successful and I’m guilty as hell as being a football snob ... 

Wolves we’re making more ambitious signings than us in the championship 3 years ago though. Wilson smacks of safety first and shows little ambition

• Like 3

I was really excited after survival at our potential going forward with serious funds to keep investing. I didnt factor in that seemingly no one wants to come and all we’ve done so far is bring in a RB and might possibly lose one so are no better off thus far than what we had last season.

Either the next few weeks will see us start acting more aggressively and landing some quality or we’ll all be very underwhelmed and looking back at this as the thing that cost us our chance to build something special with Grealish.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

Just seen wolves have bought Fabio silva for 35mil he’ll be class for them

Hasn't he played once for Porto's 1st team? 35 mil ain't dodgy at all then....

15 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

I was really excited after survival at our potential going forward with serious funds to keep investing. I didnt factor in that seemingly no one wants to come and all we’ve done so far is bring in a RB and might possibly lose one so are no better off thus far than what we had last season.

Either the next few weeks will see us start acting more aggressively and landing some quality or we’ll all be very underwhelmed and looking back at this as the thing that cost us our chance to build something special with Grealish.

Watkins wants to come. For whatever reason we just seem reluctant to meet the asking price. ...... 

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

So much for FFP problems. Wolves rise makes me sick.

Ambitious owners, CEO & Top name manager goes a long way. I am grateful to smith and what he has achieved and cannot be too critical of the job he has done... That said I do feel he does lack the nous and draw so we will have to hope that when it comes to it I’m wrong like I usually am, and Wilson is a smoke screen for Paston Daka. 

Just now, KenjiOgiwara said:

Obviously he's foreign and expensive. How much havevyou seen him him play outside computer games? 

I haven’t seen him play at all outside of computer games - but in my FM 2020 save, he was Man City’s leading striker for a decade. 

Fabio Silva from what I can gather is one of the most highly rated teenage footballer's in Europe, Real Madrid and Juventus have been linked with him, if it works out could be a very good signing for them.

That said I'm not particularly jelous of that signing relative to what we need to do this summer, he's hardly played any first team football, and will be joining Wolves as a back up to Raul, I think the question for them is going are they doing the right thing by spending a big chunk of their budget on a prospect when the rest of their squad needs strengthening.

Edited by useless

17 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

Just seen wolves have bought Fabio silva for 35mil he’ll be class for them

Will he though????

"He'll be class for them" - he's played once for the first team. It's the equivalent of paying £35m for an academy player based totally on hype from their u23 coaches and nothing more.

If we had done this there would be pandemonium as he has done materially nothing other than be an exotic name that no one has heard of...

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Steero113 said:

Will he though????

"He'll be class for them" - he's played once for the first team. It's the equivalent of paying £35m for an academy player based totally on hype from their u23 coaches and nothing more.

If we had done this there would be pandemonium as he has done materially nothing other than be an exotic name that no one has heard of...

We need to show more ambition and go for that Callumio Da Willsio. 

• Like 2

Maybe we are looking at foreign players but because leagues across Europe have stopped and started at different times we want to see them play for their national teams to see what their performances/fitness levels are like following lockdown?