Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

Just now, hippo said:

Does it ? - how do you work that out ? ..

Well last season was 144 million on transfers if I remember correctly? If that was the limit then with the 13m a year max losses allowed in the Championship (remember we have to still take two years of that loss limit into account), I am not sure what the Premier League loss allowed per season is now but it used to be 35m.

So that raises the budget in theory but our wage bill is presumably significantly higher than the last year of the championship making it fall back down.... hence why I said 120-150m

2 minutes ago, rayk said:

Thanks Paul for missing the entire point.

FWIW, I do like Buendia but I reckon the ‘scouts’ think he’s too slow.

Anything to mention who we should be signing, If I will it, they might come 🤔

waynes world she will be mine GIF

Edited by paul514

1 minute ago, paul514 said:

Well last season was 144 million on transfers if I remember correctly? If that was the limit then with the 13m a year max losses allowed in the Championship (remember we have to still take two years of that loss limit into account), I am not sure what the Premier League loss allowed per season is now but it used to be 35m.

So that raises the budget in theory but our wage bill is presumably significantly higher than the last year of the championship making it fall back down.... hence why I said 120-150m

I thought a separate statement was submitted to calculate FFP - Its certainly not losses as per the company accounts, nor is it as simple as you suggest - don't forget we reduced the losses by 'selling our ground last year in the championship

As we are a loss making club - you are also making the assumption that the owners are prepared to pump in another £150m from there own pockets.

Just now, hippo said:

I thought a separate statement was submitted to calculate FFP - Its certainly not losses as per the company accounts, nor is it as simple as you suggest - don't forget we reduced the losses by 'selling our ground last year in the championship

As we are a loss making club - you are also making the assumption that the owners are prepared to pump in another £150m from there own pockets.

I think think they are willing, every move they have made since they purchased the club has been pumping in more money than this club is realistically worth under the current football finance model.

My summary of the scenario is that DS didn’t care much for the Suso signings.

Suso got the boot.

Lange came in but he’s battling against DS, who seems to just want instant results.

Its hard because DS ‘made sure’ we didn’t go down.

But someone has got to act as a check to dS (as much as I love him):and at the moment it seems as though Lange just need to grow a pair.

1 minute ago, Pimlico_Villa said:

Saw today that Guilbert linked with Nantes. If we lack pace in the team, why are we selling our quickest player? 

That good logic does not mean we can’t sell Guilbert.

who knows, he may just be homesick?

5 minutes ago, paul514 said:

I think think they are willing, every move they have made since they purchased the club has been pumping in more money than this club is realistically worth under the current football finance model.

Agreed - but they must have a cut off point. 

1 minute ago, hippo said:

Agreed - but they must have a cut off point. 

Depends really, they might just want some fun.
They may also buy into the idea of the Premier League producing it own world wide coverage instead of selling it, which results in far higher tv money receipts

5 minutes ago, rayk said:

My summary of the scenario is that DS didn’t care much for the Suso signings.

Suso got the boot.

Lange came in but he’s battling against DS, who seems to just want instant results.

Its hard because DS ‘made sure’ we didn’t go down.

But someone has got to act as a check to dS (as much as I love him):and at the moment it seems as though Lange just need to grow a pair.

I think your right about DS not rating the suso signings.

My guess is this window will be a bit "safety first" - I think Lange and co will need a while to get their feet under the table - probably be 12 months before we see the fruits of their work. I think the club as a whole has been spooked by hidden gems from overseas. 

1 minute ago, paul514 said:

Depends really, they might just want some fun.
They may also buy into the idea of the Premier League producing it own world wide coverage instead of selling it, which results in far higher tv money receipts

I wasn't even aware that was up for discussion ?