Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

8 hours ago, rayk said:

And one was about 10 years younger than the other. Such a short term view of it all...who would you rather have now in the squad, Adama or Adomah?

im pretty sure Adama refused to play for Villa at some point, hence his transfer, so the point is moot.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, useless said:

I wasn't asking any questions, I was just giving examples of teenage footballers that have moved for huge sums and not made an immediate impact. From what I've heard this Silva that Wolves have signed is meant to be a big prospect, and it's a surprise that he hasn't gone to someone like Juventus, Real Madrid or Atlético, that said there's still an element of risk to it with him having so little experience.

The biggest risk to Wolves will come not from whether he comes good or not, but more because they've essentially spent £35m on a player that's going to be a backup option, so that's £35m less they've got to spend on strengthening their first team which as good as they've done does need strengthening, although then again they managed to sell Costa and Caveleiro for £40m after Leeds and Fulham's promotions, two players they didn't want, those sales alone will have paid for Silva.

I think that’s a fair point....but I would say Wolves transfer strategy is where I’d like us to be and they are only a year ahead of us (or is it two) in the Prem.

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

im pretty sure Adama refused to play for Villa at some point, hence his transfer, so the point is moot.

That’s just bad management. Jack should of being playing Prem football but stayed. I just think we wanted a quick fix back to the Prem and so went for Adomah rather than thinking longer term.

4 minutes ago, rayk said:

And one was about 10 years younger than the other. Such a short term view of it all...who would you rather have now in the squad, Adama or Adomah?

1 minute ago, rayk said:

That’s just bad management. Jack should of being playing Prem football but stayed. I just think we wanted a quick fix back to the Prem and so went for Adomah rather than thinking longer term.

Think about what you're saying before you say it. I can't tell if you're trolling or just quite naive. 

• Like 1

Assuming the Adama that we had in 2016 would have had the impact Adomah did is a far, far bigger stretch and ignores a heck of a lot of context:

• That relegated squad needed a root and branch rebuild, not just ability but leadership; Adama had shown almost nothing in terms of the immediate end-product we needed, was reported to have a poor attitude and crucially, did not want to be here.
  • Adomah was a big part of the failed promotion push, and still played a marginalised role in the successful one.  Adama's turnaround in form only came through a major tactical shift at another club, there was no indication we would have made that same shift.
  • Like 1

Just now, rayk said:

Errr...or just right. 

Okay so trolling. Thanks for the heads up, I won't feel a need to interact with your deliberately inflammatory comments from this point forward. 

1 minute ago, skarroki said:

Okay so trolling. Thanks for the heads up, I won't feel a need to interact with your deliberately inflammatory comments from this point forward. 

How am I trolling? Adomah for Adama was just a stupid transfer at the time.

But hey we had Dr Broke at the time that most fans (not me) were drooling over.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, GarethRDR said:

Assuming the Adama that we had in 2016 would have had the impact Adomah did is a far, far bigger stretch and ignores a heck of a lot of context:

• That relegated squad needed a root and branch rebuild, not just ability but leadership; Adama had shown almost nothing in terms of the immediate end-product we needed, was reported to have a poor attitude and crucially, did not want to be here.
  • Adomah was a big part of the failed promotion push, and still played a marginalised role in the successful one.  Adama's turnaround in form only came through a major tactical shift at another club, there was no indication we would have made that same shift.

Sorry, it was just bad management under Di Matteo.Selling Adama is the equivalent of selling Luiz before the restart. Anyone with an ounce of footballing intelligence understands that.

And what major tactical shift are you talking about? Adama is a RW, when we signed him and now.

Edited by rayk

4 minutes ago, Wezbid said:

Wolves blew money on Crutone but he's conveniently swept under the rug. Decent fee and probably higher wages. 

And? He pretty much had the same scoring ratio as Wes but Wolves could afford to let him leave on loan.

3 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

It's annoying when you've muted someone clearly on the wind-up and people won't stop bloody quoting them.

Ignore. And they'll go away.

I guess that’s directed at me. How am I on the wind up?

I’m a Villa fan of 40 years, season ticket holder for about 20 years. I make genuine points and don’t care if they are unpopular. That doesn’t make me a wind up or a troll.

9 minutes ago, rayk said:

And? He pretty much had the same scoring ratio as Wes but Wolves could afford to let him leave on loan.

I didn't even read what the conversation was about, I just saw Adama thought I'd chime in that Wolves don't get everything right. I'm nicely drunk and don't care for anything else. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Nicho said:

I understand this fascination that someone from abroad will be cheaper, better and higher potential but it’s not realistic.

If it was that easy everyone will be doing it. 

Sevilla, Lyon or Dortmund do make the signings of 23 year old for the same kind of money as Cash to then be lauded for it 2 years later.

Im happy for us to take a punt and then be praised for unearthing a gem no one else saw, these players can be from the UK.

Everyone is doing it. British players are overvalued in comparison to Germany, Italy, Spain, Holland, France etc. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, rayk said:

I guess that’s directed at me. How am I on the wind up?

I’m a Villa fan of 40 years, season ticket holder for about 20 years. I make genuine points and don’t care if they are unpopular. That doesn’t make me a wind up or a troll.

"I don't listen to mainstream music"

Your conversations on here:

200.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, MrBlack said:

My bad, didn't know. Whilst bad luck,  I know Villa and our history with luck so dont see the two mixing well. Putting superstition aside, an ACL injury in both knees is arguably even more of a concern. 28, that scar tissue still in existence,  just screams to me that its a case of when, not if.

If he stayed fit though, we're still only getting someone who only scored 8 goals last season. I would back Watkins to score 8 and offer more.

I assume he'll undergo a medical, during which people who know a lot more about ACL injuries and scar tissue than you or I will consider how likely the injury is to reoccur. Apologies if you are some kind of sports doctor and actually you're an expert on this.