Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

Wolves close to signing 18-year old striker Fabio Silva from Porto for £35m. Played once last season apparently but has lots of potential.

Would love for us to be in a position where we can sign high potential youngsters like this, that won't necessarily be in the team for a couple of seasons. But, we still need to get the squad sorted this summer with 4-5 quality signings, then hopefully we can push on more next summer.

In terms of this window, although it's extremely frustrating we have to see what the team looks like when the window is closed / slammed shut before decided how good a job Purslow / Smith / Lange have done.

I don't believe that we'll spend less than £100m, hopefully much more, as we wouldn't have spent £16m on a 3rd RB if funds were restricted. At least, I hope that's the case anyway.

Didn't we have 100mill to spend to boost squad and you mean to tell me Wilson is the best we can do.People hanging there hopes on our good finish after lockdown with the signings we been linked to this aren't going to cut it.

looking at currently accepted bids & other players, i would be happy with:

Romero - 8m, Cash - 14m, Lewis or Henry - 13.5m/10m, MC - 25m , Benrahma - 25m, Watkins 25m

thats 110m ish.

if we do end up buying Wilson & Watkins, but not a winger, not buying a winger would be a huge mistake imo.

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

if we do end up buying Wilson & Watkins, but not a winger, not buying a winger would be a huge mistake imo

My feeling is Smith wants more flexibility from ‘wide forwards’ i.e. the likes of Watkins cutting in, and is looking for more traditional width from attacking fullbacks hence the signing of Cash. So I do think there’s as much possibility of us signing two strikers and no wingers as one of each.

1 hour ago, Mazrim said:

I'm pretty sure he'd have left for somewhere. Also, you can do a deal thats less than a release clause if all parties are happy.

I'm pretty sure we will pay big wages for players we want.

Yeah, Brentford...right.....

2 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I'm not sure what kind of proof you want. I'm not about to start doing hours and hour of statistical work so you can understand that English players carry a tax in this league. Anyone that's followed football for more than 6 months know this. 

In the same way anyone that knows anything about football knows that the stature of the club is a deciding factor as to what players the club can get and how much money they have to dish out in the market. 

And it's a fact this club has a LOT of money relatively speaking the footballing world. We can most likely buy loads and loads of CL quality players around Europe. Perfect example is Rashica this window. We can afford him, but that doesn't mean we can sign him. 

So no, your bullshit response was wrong. Or bullshit if you will. 

That is about a hundred words of nonsense.

Cmon, we did it in Timmy’s year and there is no reason why we can’t buy a few......not all... this season.

Hopefully we do but I’m calling it out now.

2 hours ago, Okonokos said:

Depends on the player though. Meeting Haaland's £18m release clause would definitely not have been half of the battle.

Haha yes let’s just quote Haaland and ignore the actual point.

Because no, not in a million years would we have signed Haaland, but that doesn’t mean there aren’t a bunch of players like Gabriel we could sign that are better quality than the Championship....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Mate you have some good points at times, however I can't help but feel that sometimes you just want to argue for the sake of it. Lol

I only argue when people make dumb &*ck stupid arguments....,.which today is essentially you can’t find better value in Ligue 1 than in the Championship.

i mean really, that is one mofo of a silly argument.

1 hour ago, Skruff said:

In hindsight they've become quality players. They weren't at the time we signed them. At the moment we're a championship team who barely stayed up thanks to a hawekeye bug. There's plenty of quality players that aren't going to be interested in joining us. At the same time clubs know we need to strengthen and that drives the prices up. We're a difficult position when it comes to making transfers this year. 

No we’re not.....we’re a Prem league side but in desperate need of a few quality additions.

I’m not saying every player will fall at our feet but as much as I DO want Benrahma and to an extent Watkins, being fleeced by Brentford is a little dumb with a new DoF who SHOULD have his eye on the ball re moneyball signings.

Milot Rashica's agent reveals blunt transfer stance amid Aston Villa 'bid'.

Aston Villa news - the Kosovan international has been extensively linked with a move to B6 in the current window.

Milot Rashica's agent has reaffirmed that his client needs to leave Werder Bremen, amid extensive links with Aston Villa.

The 24-year-old has been heavily linked with Villa, with suggestions that Dean Smith's side have launched a big-money bid for his services.

After keeping Werder in the Bundesliga, Rashica is keen to make his next move, with hopes of securing Champions League football.

RB Leipzig would provide that, but despite reportedly agreeing personal terms with the player - the two Bundesliga rivals are still far apart in their valuation for the player.

Based on reports in Kosovo, Villa have met Werder's clause, but the player was reluctant about making the switch to B6 to potentially face another relegation battle.

And now Rashica's agent Altin Lala has claimed the winger needs to leave Werder in the current window.

He told Sportbuzzer: "He is a player, who needs a new challenge. It's time to take the next step."

Villa confirmed their first signing of the summer on Thursday, with full-back Matty Cash arriving after a £14m switch from Nottingham Forest.

Smith is believed to be in the market for a wide player in the final month of the window after reports emerged of a late bid for West Brom-bound Grady Diangana.

He has to leave.

• Like 2

I want to ask a question here......I’ve supported Villa for 40 years, season ticket holder for about 20.

I love the club, the owners (rather than Dr Broke), the CEO (rather than the fat controller) and Dean Smith (rather than Spud).

But it is possible to say a constructive comment??

Or is it that we just provide gushing comments on whoever we sign??