Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

8 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Correct. Meeting a realise clause guarantees you can speak to the player. They don't have to speak to you of course, but it's then between you and them.

Hang on, I thought we paid big wages for players we wanted.

Meeting the release clause is more than half the battle.

I mean if Konsa didn’t have a release clause he’d still be at Brentford and cost £25m now.

9 minutes ago, rayk said:

Your evidence?

I'm not sure what kind of proof you want. I'm not about to start doing hours and hour of statistical work so you can understand that English players carry a tax in this league. Anyone that's followed football for more than 6 months know this. 

In the same way anyone that knows anything about football knows that the stature of the club is a deciding factor as to what players the club can get and how much money they have to dish out in the market. 

And it's a fact this club has a LOT of money relatively speaking the footballing world. We can most likely buy loads and loads of CL quality players around Europe. Perfect example is Rashica this window. We can afford him, but that doesn't mean we can sign him. 

So no, your bullshit response was wrong. Or bullshit if you will. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, rayk said:

I mean if Konsa didn’t have a release clause he’d still be at Brentford and cost £25m now.

I'm pretty sure he'd have left for somewhere. Also, you can do a deal thats less than a release clause if all parties are happy.

I'm pretty sure we will pay big wages for players we want.

10 minutes ago, rayk said:

Depends on the player though. Meeting Haaland's £18m release clause would definitely not have been half of the battle.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

The same reason Juventus can get McKennie on a 6 mill loan to buy fee.

Bigger clubs can get the level of player we want for cheaper, as there will be an overwhelming desire for players to go there.

Same reason we would not have gotten Haaland for his release clause etc.

I agree JV

We have to break that mould......no sign of it yet.

I am not moaning at Cash and Watkins, but i would worry, if we keep shopping down there.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, rayk said:

Mate you have some good points at times, however I can't help but feel that sometimes you just want to argue for the sake of it. Lol

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

Depends on the player though. Meeting Haaland's £18m release clause would definitely not have been half of the battle.

Your wasting your time trying to explain this, it really is very simple but some people will just disagree with anything logical

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, TRO said:

I agree JV

We have to break that mould......no sign of it yet.

I am not moaning at Cash and Watkins, but i would worry, if we keep shopping down there.

Agreed, and as I've said in a couple of other posts.

I hope/think this would be the last season we are shopping in the bracket, to both solidify our position (Mid Table ?), Then push on with improved quality.

Only signing a couple of high quality players per window to supplement our hopefully much improved and more expienced young squad.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

Big talk this lunchtime that Sheffield United are signing Jayden Bogle for 7m (and will also get Max Lowe from Derby in the deal taking it to just over 10m). Pretty smart from them, getting in a pretty good RB and also cover at LB for their squad.

Is Cash really that much better as I thought Bogle was excellent for them in the play off season, had plenty of assists for them that year.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

Big talk this lunchtime that Sheffield United are signing Jayden Bogle for 7m (and will also get Max Lowe from Derby in the deal taking it to just over 10m). Pretty smart from them, getting in a pretty good RB and also cover at LB for their squad.

Is Cash really that much better as I thought Bogle was excellent for them in the play off season, had plenty of assists for them that year.

I think there is an element of clubs know we have money and are playing hardball for it.

we need to remember this when we are selling.

personally, i am not impressed with anything Derby.....I think they have taken a dip since Frank left.

3 minutes ago, TRO said:

I think there is an element of clubs know we have money and are playing hardball for it.

we need to remember this when we are selling.

personally, i am not impressed with anything Derby.....I think they have taken a dip since Frank left.

They picked up end of last season and were pretty close to top 6 in the end, not too bad for a transitional season while Philip Cocu learnt about English football. Got some very talented young players like Louis Sibley.

Bogle only turned 20 himself in July and has been a regular in the team for two seasons. Strikes me for 7m as a potential bargain while Matty Cash will get lots of pressure due to his price tag, I assume majority of us are expecting him to be way better than Gulibert and AEM so really needs to hit the ground running.

15 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Mate you have some good points at times, however I can't help but feel that sometimes you just want to argue for the sake of it. Lol

Perhaps this may help, just replace "wife" with poster of your choice:

https://www.quora.com/My-wife-is-argumentative-on-everything-I-cannot-handle-this-as-she-continues-to-quarrel-and-argue-What-is-the-best-way-to-get-around

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Bloody Norah, Jeremie Boga on the move from Sassuolo.

Fecking get in there Johan.

Would take him, miles better than when he was at SHA 3 years ago and couldn't get in their team.

Was a very good counter attacking player for Sass last season. 11 goals in Serie A last season which is excellent for a wide player.

Is the talk he's moving to another Italian team or coming back to England?

Just now, VillaChris said:

Would take him, miles better than when he was at SHA 3 years ago and couldn't get in their team.

Was a very good counter attacking player for Sass last season. 11 goals in Serie A last season which is excellent for a wide player.

Is the talk he's moving to another Italian team or coming back to England?

France!

Rennes linked with £15m bid.

One of those where if they get him will be going on to a superpower for £50m in a season.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tomaszk said:

France!

Rennes linked with £15m bid.

One of those where if they get him will be going on to a superpower for £50m in a season.

Bit of a random one that. Were Rennes taken over recently? Guess he wants to move back to France to be more visible to Deschamps who calls up the odd French league player but surely he'd hold out for Lyon, Monaco or even PSG to come in for him.

At 15m we should be in although Sassaulo would probably have it at 25m if a prem club was interested. Chelsea also get a cut of the transfer fee.

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

Bit of a random one that. Were Rennes taken over recently? Guess he wants to move back to France to be more visible to Deschamps who calls up the odd French league player but surely he'd hold out for Lyon, Monaco or even PSG to come in for him.

At 15m we should be in although Sassaulo would probably have it at 25m if a prem club was interested. Chelsea also get a cut of the transfer fee.

Rennes stumbled into UCL when the season got stopped halfway through so they've got a bit of cash.

They'll also have £40m+ coming in when they sell Camavinga. So they're spending that money now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rayk said:

That’s utter BS. We did it with Gueye, Veretout, Ayew, Amavi etc.

We did it last year but with worse players from different leagues.

Lange needs to make an impact either this transfer window or next or there ain’t any point having him.

In hindsight they've become quality players. They weren't at the time we signed them. At the moment we're a championship team who barely stayed up thanks to a hawekeye bug. There's plenty of quality players that aren't going to be interested in joining us. At the same time clubs know we need to strengthen and that drives the prices up. We're a difficult position when it comes to making transfers this year.