Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

I really don't want to moan. But our recruitment was poor last year and so far this year we've signed a rb. 

I really hope when the windows shut we've done the right moves. Because it looks weak so far. 

My personal opinion is that the window should be open for a month from the season ends and no more.

Keeping the window open for a month from when the season starts just means clubs like Brentford hold on till deadline day.

1 hour ago, Lerner's Driver said:

Interesting, that IS news. 

Depends how we’ve sold it to him.

If were only playing one ST and he’s given no guarantees ahead of Wes or Samatta then it kind of makes sense.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, rayk said:

Haha yes let’s just quote Haaland and ignore the actual point.

Because no, not in a million years would we have signed Haaland, but that doesn’t mean there aren’t a bunch of players like Gabriel we could sign that are better quality than the Championship....

Erm, nope. I haven't ignored the point. Once again, you've missed the point. You said:

"Meeting the release clause is more than half the battle."

And I replied that it depends on the player. Some release clauses would be very, very easy to meet, like £18m for Haland, for example. We could have paid that instantly but we'd never, ever have convinced him to join us. So therefore, the release clause was nowhere near half the battle. Simple.

Edited by Okonokos

3 hours ago, M_Afro said:

I am happy with Cash. He is a quality player. He could easily play for England in the non too distant future. He has a good character too.

Agreed. There seems to be a lot of doubt about Matty lately. For me, I think he is just the sort of player that we needed. He's also happy to be here, which is a good start. Let's give the lad a chance and back the spending choice that the club has made

I liked Max Aarons too, but he might have been reluctant to move to us and he would probably have cost a minimum of another £10m, which we might have needed to put towards the cost (£25m+) of our four A-list targets.

I hope these main targets are a striker, a midfield player and two wide players. That's where we need to spend the big money in my opinion, whilst also bringing in a couple of younger players at a lower price to provide cover, at left back for example. The players we need are out there, several suitable alternatives have been mentioned, that would not be towards the bottom of any target list, that we may have. We just need to reel them in, sooner rather than later, as the season will soon be upon us.      

10 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

Erm, nope. I haven't ignored the point. Once again, you've missed the point. You said:

"Meeting the release clause is more than half the battle."

And I replied that it depends on the player. Some release clauses would be very, very easy to meet, like £18m for Haland, for example. We could have paid that instantly but we'd never, ever have convinced him to join us. So therefore, the release clause was nowhere near half the battle. Simple.

Oh mate, seriously......I’m talking about players were likely to sign ffs.

I mean if Messi had a proper release clause of zero it don’t mean we’re gonna sign him.

But according to you Rashica was a done deal......hmmmm.

3 minutes ago, useless said:

Notice that neither Cantwell or Buendia were involved in Norwich's EFL cup against Luton today. As it happens they lost 3-1, our former academy player James Collins scored an hat-trick.

So does that mean we sign Cantwell or Buendia ........or Collins? 👍

22 minutes ago, rayk said:

Is he ITK?  :detect:

Tell us more...

Edit.  Interesting, if its any use, that the player wasn't in the Bremen squad today either.

EhJyJN2X0AAKpvn?format=jpg&name=small

"By the way, the decisive goal was scored by Milot Rashica - and that in turn will certainly not happen today. Why?

Rashica doesn't play because he sprained his knee. Nothing bad, but it's not enough for one mission."

Edited by AvfcRigo82

1 minute ago, Sulberto21 said:

I must have imagined the €700m euro they've been debating over. 🤦‍♂️

Indeed they were because he dose

Lionel Messi's contract buyout clause (or release clause) is €700 million (£630m/$825m). The hefty clause was put in place when Messi signed a new four-year contract with Barcelona in 2017. That deal expires in 2021.

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Get that baby opened up.  We've lost too much time already. We just need 4 more, just 4

Reopening ceremony pencilled in for Tuesday, graduation to the thread hall of fame by Friday.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Awol said:

Reopening ceremony pencilled in for Tuesday, graduation to the thread hall of fame by Friday.

Should be there already. I've read through some of those that are in there already and Rashica eclipses most of them. VT at it's finest. 

26 minutes ago, rayk said:

Oh mate, seriously......I’m talking about players were likely to sign ffs.

I mean if Messi had a proper release clause of zero it don’t mean we’re gonna sign him.

Don't start with the "oh mate" stuff again. I really don't know why you have to argue every point. You said meeting a release clause is half the battle and I said it depends on the player. Some players would have a high release clause, which would be hard to meet but they may be interested in us. Some would have a relatively low release clause but have absolutely no interest in us. That was my only point, which is correct. There's nothing more to it.

Firstly, what has Rashica got to do with this?

Secondly, where have I ever said he was a done deal? In fact, I actually said several times I thought it was unlikely but possible. No idea where you've got that from but no doubt you'll argue that point too.