Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

2 hours ago, VillaAlex said:

I'd look at Adam Armstrong if/when we go down. Still young and always improving, gets goals from wide areas. Not sure how much he'd cost.

I like Armstrong. Good talent. Can improve too.

10 hours ago, jacketspuds said:

We should look at Eberechi Eze to replace Grealish, assuming we don't (somehow) manage to avoid relegation.

We also need an experienced CB. Someone like Chester, but without the injuries.

Need a LB or two to replace target and Taylor, Target gets injured way to much and taylor is absolutely rubbish not even championship quality.

Someone better than Nakamba to keep Lyiz on his feet and provide good competition and then Nakamba can  be sold.

If were to persist with Wingers then this need to be a priority, actually having Wingers that can cross, Pass, defend, intercept and pick out players, as well as our forward line and bring in a couple of strikers who can bloody score, not to mention see the cross,see the open positions and read the game up front. Sorry but there are at least six players between the Wingers and forward positions that can be sold to make way for better.

I think it's time we looked at selling Hourihane, not good enough anymore, thank him for his service but we can not have a player who is just good at one thing,they need to be multi talented on the field.

I see another rebuild happening but none of this rebuild should happen unless we get to the root of the problem which is who has signed off on those players. Those people need to be gone and someone who knows players, which do there homework better to come in and also bring a new scouting network in.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, thabucks said:

I see Ben Woodburn is now converted into a AM ... Worth a punt. Also would love us to get Joe Rodon regardless what division we are in. The kids got a great future! 

Ben Woodburn has played just 11 games for Oxford this year, I know he's been injured but I doubt he's been able to progress as much as he would like. 

Joe Rodon I like but we could be championship and they could be premier league next year.

We know what we need in summer. Right centre back, midfielder, left back, striker and 2 wingers

What we need to do is buy Premier League quality regardless of the division. Newcastle bought Ritchie last time from Premier League we need to target similar 

Adam Armstrong is basically Scott Hogan but 5 years younger.

Short, stocky, good for a goal, bit nippy but not a lot to his game and doubtful he can go any higher. IMO.

One thing Purslow was right about too was not loaning players and developing them for other clubs. Brewster, no point.

Take the parachute money.  This time buy good players.

Edited by rodders0223

21 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

Going to be an awful transfer window. Always had the hope we'd pull off one big signing when we were in the premier League. Fat chance that's happening in the second tier of English football.

If you ask me we signed much better quality in the championship. John Terry, Snodgrass and Tammy Abraham is much higher quality than anthing we got last summer. Would say Axel was more of a coup than Konsa aswell so I remain hopeful our pull at second tier level will attract some reasonable players.

• Like 1

I’d like to see Konsa get 50 games in the Championship at RB, think he will be PL quality in that position, Guilbert a decent back up. If Man Utd come for Grealish, Tuanzebe needs to be part of the deal. We need a new LB. Luiz, McGinn, Hourihane and Nakamba in midfield, but we need to find a playmaker to cover the loss of Grealish, so we need 2 in midfield. I haven’t written off Trezeguet believe he will be better with 50 games in Championship, El Ghazi will be ok, but not up to PL standard, we will need another winger/WM player. I’m happy with the forwards, but would like to see us sign a player who can play as a L/R Forward for a 433.

We need to keep McGinn (c), Luiz, Heaton and Konsa, if we can do that, I believe the rest of the squad will be better for a season in the championship and better prepared for a return to the PL. Grealish & Mings out obviously.

So for me, we need Tuanzebe, LB, CM, AM, Winger, R/L Forward.

On 09/07/2020 at 17:02, rodders0223 said:

One thing Purslow was right about too was not loaning players and developing them for other clubs. Brewster, no point.

Take the parachute money.  This time buy good players.

I think that we will need a striker that can guarantee goals next season, whatever division we may be in. Should it be the Championship, then we might have difficulty in signing a player of the right quality, who is prepared to play in that league. I think we would need a one season fix. Whether that be someone like Dwight Gayle, who is a proven Championship scorer, but would not come cheap or someone like Brewster on loan (like Tammy) for just a season, to get us back up, would be the choice. I would go for Brewster on loan myself, with an option to buy if possible, but it's a matter of choice. 

I haven't seen much of him play but I think Karlan Grant might be one of the more interesting suggestions I've seen for us if we go down. Only turns 23 later this year, eighteen goals this season for a Huddersfield team that I'm guessing aren't the most creative, and his stats in the premier league weren't bad either four goals in 874 minutes, I think that's under ten games worth of football, again in a very defensively minded Huddersfield team and at a good level, so someone who could potentially still be very valuable to us if we go up.

1 hour ago, John said:

I think that we will need a striker that can guarantee goals next season, whatever division we may be in. Should it be the Championship, then we might have difficulty in signing a player of the right quality, who is prepared to play in that league. I think we would need a one season fix. Whether that be someone like Dwight Gayle, who is a proven Championship scorer, but would not come cheap or someone like Brewster on loan (like Tammy) for just a season, to get us back up, would be the choice. I would go for Brewster on loan myself, with an option to buy if possible, but it's a matter of choice. 

Gayle would score goals in the Championship for sure.  However, I would personally go for Karlan Grant at Huddersfield, especially if they drop to League one.  Then Ivan Toney from Peterborough at his back up.  Two players that would be more than capable in the Championship and wouldn’t break the bank.  Would then look to offload or loan out Wesley, Davis. Keeping possibly Samatta.

Talking of Huddersfield dropping, Terence Kongolo is an option at the back, especially if Mings moves on.  Connor Goldson at Rangers wants to move closer to home, as I know his father. Midlands boy and would do a job in the Championship. WBA looking at him. Matty Cash at Forest is another improving every game at full back.

Out wide, Lolley would be great on the left side and would run through brick walls for this club. Only issue here is he wouldn’t be cheap.  In the middle, Massengo at Bristol City is one to keep a watchful eye on, as sadly we’ve missed the boat with Eze at QPR.  Swift at Reading another useful player and appears bids already being made for him.  Price on Swift seems to be good though, as tall of 4/5m being enough. Hourihane will probably hit double figures in the Championship and needs to be retained.  Can we keep McGinn? Hope so but doubtful I suppose.

The inevitable Grealish sale would be a huge void to fill and lack of creativity would be difficult to replace.  Can’t we’ll would be great, but his price high. However, Bradley Dack is an option perhaps with Blackburn going nowhere.  

We also need to keep an eye on top youngsters coming through clubs and poach them early. Brewster as you say on loan.  Derby have a few already with Bogle and Sibley doing well. Nathan Collins at Stoke. Imagine of they drop to League One. Fry and Tavernier at Middlesbrough.

Edited by ferguson1
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, useless said:

I haven't seen much of him play but I think Karlan Grant might be one of the more interesting suggestions I've seen for us if we go down. Only turns 23 later this year, eighteen goals this season for a Huddersfield team that I'm guessing aren't the most creative, and his stats in the premier league weren't bad either four goals in 874 minutes, I think that's under ten games worth of football, again in a very defensively minded Huddersfield team and at a good level, so someone who could potentially still be very valuable to us if we go up.

He is decent. He looks to have the right attributes to play in the PL. Not sure we will be after a striker though with Wes, Ally and Davis on the books.

We really need wide forwards with pace. Throw in a Robbie Savage type centre mid and a new coach and we would walk the Championship 

2 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Gayle would score goals in the Championship for sure.  However, I would personally go for Karlan Grant at Huddersfield, especially if they drop to League one.  Then Ivan Toney from Peterborough at his back up.  Two players that would be more than capable in the Championship and wouldn’t break the bank.  Would then look to offload or loan out Wesley, Davis. Keeping possibly Samatta.

Talking of Huddersfield dropping, Terence Kongolo is an option at the back, especially if Mings moves on.  Connor Goodson at Rangers wants to move closer to home, as I know his father. Midlands boy and would do a job in the Championship. WBA looking at him. Matty Cash at Forest is another improving every game at full back.

Out wide, Lolley would be great on the left side and would run through brick walls for this club. Only issue here is he wouldn’t be cheap.  In the middle, Massengo at Bristol City is one to keep a watchful eye on, as sadly we’ve missed the boat with Eze at QPR.  Swift at Reading another useful player and appears bids already being made for him.  Price on Swift seems to be good though, as tall of 4/5m being enough. Hourihane will probably hit double figures in the Championship and needs to be retained.  Can we keep McGinn? Hope so but doubtful I suppose.

The inevitable Grealish sale would be a huge void to fill and lack of creativity would be difficult to replace.  Can’t we’ll would be great, but his price high. However, Bradley Dack is an option perhaps with Blackburn going nowhere.  

We also need to keep an eye on top youngsters coming through clubs and poach them early. Brewster as you say on loan.  Derby have a few already with Bogle and Sibley doing well. Nathan Collins at Stoke. Imagine of they drop to League One. Fry and Tavernier at Middlesbrough.

Forgot to add, if Mings goes and Bournemouth drop, and have financial issues, then Lloyd Kelly would be an ideal replacement for Mings.  Not sure if we could get him, but looks a player.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ferguson1 said:

Talking of Huddersfield dropping, Terence Kongolo is an option at the back, especially if Mings moves on.  Connor Goodson at Rangers wants to move closer to home, as I know his father. Midlands boy and would do a job in the Championship. WBA looking at him. Matty Cash at Forest is another improving every game at full back.

I do agree with some of this but we need to be very careful. Last time we went down we filled our team with championship players and we became a championship club. We can’t make that mistake again. We need to keep our players together and just add in a few areas. A lot of the players talked about here lack pace. We really need pace in our team. Throw a bit of that in and we are a different proposition 

• Like 2

Wesley might not even be fit enough to start the season and i'm not sure we can take it for granted that he Samatta or Davis are going to score the goals that we will need. Trouble is if we do sign another striker then that will mean we will have four centre-forwards all competing for one position and Barry coming through as well, so one of them might have to leave. If we could sign a pacey wide forward that can also play through the middle then maybe we could risk not signing another centre-forward.

7 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

I do agree with some of this but we need to be very careful. Last time we went down we filled our team with championship players and we became a championship club. We can’t make that mistake again. We need to keep our players together and just add in a few areas. A lot of the players talked about here lack pace. We really need pace in our team. Throw a bit of that in and we are a different proposition 

Young, hungry and could make the step up.  Not sure i’ve suggested many that lack pace?  Only Dack maybe?  We shouldn’t overlook talent in the lower leagues is my point.