Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

4 hours ago, Adbo9 said:

Yes to Dwight Gayle

Need a proven goalscorer who will fire us up........ ive no confidence in the options weve got to do such a thing

Once were back up with be a decent squad option for a season

Does scoring 23 goals in 6 years count as proven, can anyone answer that because I could of swore proven means doing the business on a regular basis and scoring a fair amount.

I do not think Gayle is the answer but I believe hes better than what we have to be fair. I just think people are getting carried away with Gayle being here and making out he is the knees bees when really he is not. I think all this is mainly because he pops up with goals against us which is also a thing I see from people on grabbing those particular players for our club.

If we bring someone in because weve survived it has to be someone who's popping in 15 plus a season, we need someone can can cut it on there own as a loan forward.

Edited by Dave-R

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Wesley won't be back until October. As we saw when Kodj had his bad injuries he took months to get back into things and wasn't as good as before. We've seen with McGinn the problem of throwing players straight back in when they probably need 2-3 more weeks of training and practice games to really get firing.

So left with just Samatta, Davis and a 16 year old.

I'd also consider loaning Davis out. I thought it was an error we didn't do it in August. He's not going to develop enough here just getting 20 minute cameos every week,needs to be starting games.

Wonder if we are too good and successful to loan and develop players for other clubs next season too?

Was a ridiculous and naive idea that. Just think what a loan or 2 could have helped this season when our wide players were underperforming and Wesley got into a 12 games without a goal slump.

Hope they learned something.

• Like 2

Gayle has scored 46 goals in his last two seasons in the championship, at Newcastle he scored 23 in 32 appearances. His goal record in the premier league is actually surprisingly good as well when you look at it closley, 24 scored in 5.327 minutes of football that's just over 59 games worth. His contract run out in July of next year. if Albion go up I think they might go for him.

1 hour ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Gayle has been averaging something like 140 minutes per goal in both the PL and the Championship. Man was a goal machine in the Champ. Just has never been able to replicate that in the PL

More of a trust thing from what I see in that managers not sure can play lone role. In Championship you can get away with 2 up top but Newcastle mainly play 1 in Premier League

3 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

you're right i read Spurs a week ago but looks like he's close joining Brighton

Chris, what do you think of Dan Ashworth, what he’s doing at Brighton and is he the bees knees in the scouting/technical director type role?  Just wondering if he’s all hype or the real deal?

Is there anyone else in that field who would do a job for us, rather than Suso, excluding yourself of course!  :thumb:

• Like 1

Another young player for Brighton.

They're very much copying Chelsea. Loads of great players 22 and younger out on loan getting Championship and similar level minutes.

They are future proofing beautifully. 

It's so easy to not buy bad players. So easy. What the hell were we doing.

Edited by Tomaszk
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, lexicon said:

Any word on who the two youngsters we're supposed to be signing are? (Via the mail via the athletic)

One mail article says Cole McKinnon from Rangers, but then goes on to say “according to The Sun”... at which point I turned my phone off and put it in a glass of water for five minutes. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I know he's 35, I know he played bugger all last season, but if we go down I'd love to be the team that takes a punt on Raffael for a freebie.  Even if we only got a season (or less) out of him.  You may lose pace but you don't lose nous.

Apparently The Athletic are quite reliable. The article is mostly just a rehash of Purslow saying that he wants to populate the U23s with players in the sixteen to eighteen year age range, the new information is ...

"Villa are closing in on two exciting teeneagers from Europe, who will straight into the club's under-23 team if they agree to join."... "Other teenage players are under consideration ahead of next season as Villa look to the future and prepare to move into a new state-of-the-art performance centre in October".

Sportslens

Jesus, the Mail is bad isn’t! It never fails to reach new clickbaity lows. There’s an ‘article titled something like ‘Arsenal receive Grealish transfer message’, take the bait and you’ll see a few comments from Craig Burley (that well known source of Villa insight) saying he thinks Jack should sign for someone like Arsenal, or Spurs. It’s such an awful site. 

• Like 2

I really hope we scout our ex player Joey Gudjonsson's kid Ísak Bergmann Jóhannesson at IFK Norrköping.

Kid is going to be a star, be perfect for our academy and just turned 17 hes already a starting player for the best side in the Swedish top flight..

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1