Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

I remember Siegrist getting called up for Swiss Olympic team in 2012 which showed they rated him pretty highly at the time. He won the under 17 world cup with them in 2009. We did give a few loans to him but again he didn't play much.

Dundee United back in SPL now so he could impress and get himself back into England in near future. I think Robert Oljenik is also playing in SPL now.

Sinisalo rated by Culter as one of the best young keepers in Europe, I think he will be third choice soon. Turns nineteen later this year, might be a good idea to get him a loan club, but that will be easier said than done for such a young keeper, would probably have to be loan to  a non-league team at first, as happened with Sarkic last season.

13 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

I remember Siegrist getting called up for Swiss Olympic team in 2012 which showed they rated him pretty highly at the time. He won the under 17 world cup with them in 2009. We did give a few loans to him but again he didn't play much.

Dundee United back in SPL now so he could impress and get himself back into England in near future. I think Robert Oljenik is also playing in SPL now.

Siegrist came with a big reputation and I was always impressed whenever I saw him. Olejnik is playing for Mansfield Town now, I had to google it

9 minutes ago, useless said:

Sinisalo rated by Culter as one of the best young keepers in Europe, I think he will be third choice soon. Turns nineteen later this year, might be a good idea to get him a loan club, but that will be easier said than done for such a young keeper, would probably have to be loan to  a non-league team at first, as happened with Sarkic last season.

They all are highly rated at a young age but actually never make the transition to the adult game for a variety of reasons

Just looked up Bradley Watkins our goalkeeper when we won the NextGen cup, currently doesn't have a team, quite a few players from that team are in the same position, others playing in the lower leagues or none league football. Robinson and Grealish the only ones playing in the premier league.

Plenty of league 2 clubs would take him. Chelsea loaned out Bradley Collins to Forest Green then he moved to Burton in league 1 the following season.

That's the path you need to take with young keepers, find them a club where the current number one isn't rate much.

Walsall signed a keeper on season loan from Southampton last season although he spent most of it on the bench.

8 hours ago, useless said:

Just looked up Bradley Watkins our goalkeeper when we won the NextGen cup, currently doesn't have a team, quite a few players from that team are in the same position, others playing in the lower leagues or none league football. Robinson and Grealish the only ones playing in the premier league.

I thought that Watkins was excellent, I was surprised when we let him go :( 

Yes sometimes these youngster can look pretty good but we let them go, it's hard to predict who's going to make it.

Jota, Taylor, Elmohamady, Lansbury, Nyland, and Bree all coming into the last years of their contracts,  I imagine we will be seeing a few of those leave in the summer regardless of which division we're in

I see that Nathaniel Clyne and Jordan Ibe are on their way out of Liverpool and Bournemouth, respectively. Does anyone else think we should now have a look at Clyne and does anyone think we might still be able to get a tune out of Ibe?

If Bournemouth go down I wouldn't be against getting in Calum WIlson tbh (providing we stay up). Goals dried up this season but he's still proven himself over last 5 years. Pretty mobile and plays on the last shoulder so think he'd fit into our style pretty well.

16 minutes ago, John said:

I see that Nathaniel Clyne and Jordan Ibe are on their way out of Liverpool and Bournemouth, respectively. Does anyone else think we should now have a look at Clyne and does anyone think we might still be able to get a tune out of Ibe?

Clyne is finished, injury prone and rumours of a bad attitude. We dont need a signing like that.

As for Ibe I think I prefer Trezeguet. Ibe is a pure dickhead

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

If Bournemouth go down I wouldn't be against getting in Calum WIlson tbh (providing we stay up). Goals dried up this season but he's still proven himself over last 5 years. Pretty mobile and plays on the last shoulder so think he'd fit into our style pretty well.

Josh King is the better of the 2 and his injury is why Bournemouth are where they are. 

8 hours ago, Zatman said:

Clyne is finished, injury prone and rumours of a bad attitude. We dont need a signing like that.

As for Ibe I think I prefer Trezeguet. Ibe is a pure dickhead

Yes Ibe might potentially be another Micah Richards. I would have thought Clyne might come again though. Oh well, back to more costly, possibly unattainable Championship bound targets like Buendia, Pukki, Cantwell, Billing, Nathan Ake and Declan Rice then...:D    

8 hours ago, John said:

Yes Ibe might potentially be another Micah Richards. I would have thought Clyne might come again though. Oh well, back to more costly, possibly unattainable Championship bound targets like Buendia, Pukki, Cantwell, Billing, Nathan Ake and Declan Rice then...:D    

Whoever goes down this year there is going to be a lot of talent in the Championship. Hopefully it's not us and clubs need cash enough that they are willing to talk!

I'd love Buendia, Cantwell and Billing. I think they're all attainable, although depending on asking price I can see CL teams sweeping them up.

Interested what anyone who has seen Ryan Fraser play a lot thinks of him. Was last season a complete fluke? Even if it was, considering our need for wingers, he seems like a no-brainer on a free. My big worry is that he may be another one without the right mentality.

• Like 1

Angel Gomez seem to be leaving Manure "on a free". Anyone know anything about his intentions?

I know he's been linked to some big clubs but is he someone who might take a move backwards to get more regular game time  or will he move to another big club.

Also, is he any good?

Could be our most important bit of business of the summer... Worth a shot if we keep smith as well. 
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8471369/Red-Bull-Leipzig-eye-Brentfords-head-recruitment-Lee-Dykes-replace-departed-Paul-Mitchell.html?ns_mchannel=rss&ico=taboola_feed_mobile_sport

Brentford head of recruitment Lee Dykes is on Red Bull Leipzig’s radar as they search for departed Paul Mitchell’s replacement.

Also see Florian Balogun is leaving Arsenal and Brentford have previously bid £5 mill for him ... Sign him up ! 
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8470987/Arsenal-set-cash-highly-rated-youngster-Folarin-Balogun.html?ns_mchannel=rss&ico=taboola_feed_mobile_sport

The Premier League side reportedly turned down a £5million offer for Balogun from Brentford in January in the hope of agreeing a new contract with him.

Certainly is prolific at youth level ! 

• Like 1