Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

On 05/07/2020 at 13:44, Knutserov13 said:

Would probably cost mega bucks. But will become a good player.

Another shout is Sead Haksabanovic from IFK Norrköping in the Swedish league, was bought by West Ham as a teenager but couldnt quite make it there, went home started again and ripped our league to bits. Winger/wide forward. Will make it big. 

What happened to that guy mentioned a while back, Sema? Think he went to Watford but haven't seen his name in their squad.

2 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

I wouldn't mind us signing Luke Woolfenden  from Ipswich. CB could definitely make the step up. Plus he has the same birthday as me although I'm some 17 years older. 😂

Reckon he might be a decent Championship player but I don't know if he could shake the loser mentality Lambert has instilled in that club. It seems so grim there I think any players transferring out would need time to get their love of football back and shake the Lambert weirdness. 

I feel bad for Ipswich fans. They have been on a similar journey as us with ownership and a string of truly awful managerial decisions.

Edited by ciggiesnbeer
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

I feel bad for Ipswich fans. They have been on a similar journey as us with ownership and a string of truly awful managerial decisions.

I see where you are coming from, but I've not really had much time for Ipswich fans since 1981. ;)

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, VillaChris said:

What happened to that guy mentioned a while back, Sema? Think he went to Watford but haven't seen his name in their squad.

They loaned him to surprise surprise Udinese

6 hours ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Reckon he might be a decent Championship player but I don't know if he could shake the loser mentality Lambert has instilled in that club. It seems so grim there I think any players transferring out would need time to get their love of football back and shake the Lambert weirdness. 

Yet here we are, in the premier league and there they are in league 1. 

I agree, weve made some bad decisions, mainly player recruitment. But, I don't think the managers ( Bruce and Smith) have performed anywhere near as bad some like to make out otherwise we probably would be league 1.

Ask Ipswich fans if they think they've been on a similar journey, and they would point to current positions and tell us we've had it good.

• Like 1

Ipswich also had a competent Championship manager until the fans hounded him out for excitement. Our exciting football got us to the Premier League. They are in League 1 with Paul Lambert 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

If the current scouting team have their way, a load of rubbish from Belgium and other inferior leagues. 

To be fair many good players come from these types of leagues.

We just happen to buy crap players....

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Villa94 said:

That Hernandez of Norwich seems quite quick and a bag of tricks might be quite cheap as well when Norwich go down?

He had no idea when to shoot or pass though.

Have to say Buendia is a very clever player. Not just the goal but can hang onto the ball and knows when to pass it short or long. On our budget and being back down in the championship he's probably the closest we'll be able to find in the style of Grealish.

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

Who will be our championship targets do we think?

Considering we were linked a bit in the summer I can see us going back for Harry Wilson. Reminds me of when Tammy Abraham went back into the championship with us after struggling at Swansea. He scored a couple at start of season for Bournemouth but struggled since and he certainly isn't going to breakthrough at Liverpool anytime soon.

Still did well at Derby last year and can see us getting him on loan with an option to buy for 15-20m if we go up. Still young and can play out wide or upfront.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Have to say Buendia is a very clever player. Not just the goal but can hang onto the ball and knows when to pass it short or long. On our budget and being back down in the championship he's probably the closest we'll be able to find in the style of Grealish.

Quality player. I think we'd have to survive to be able to sign him, he will get offers from PL clubs and he won't come cheap. You get what you pay for though and he's the sort of player, that I would like to see us go for.

• Like 1

Todd Cantwell I would definitely take from Norwich, and maybe the two full backs Max Aarons and Jamal Lewis. Buendia is quality but I don't think we will get him unless we stay up. Prob wouldn't take anyone else from them. 

19 minutes ago, Bomvilla7 said:

Todd Cantwell I would definitely take from Norwich, and maybe the two full backs Max Aarons and Jamal Lewis. Buendia is quality but I don't think we will get him unless we stay up. Prob wouldn't take anyone else from them. 

Pukki? Vrancic? Zimmerman?

Edited by sir_gary_cahill

2 hours ago, Bomvilla7 said:

The Full backs would probably cost more than Buendia. Think Jamal Lewis has been linked to Liverpool given they lack cover for Robertson. Had a pretty poor game v Sarr.

Tbf if Heaton dosen't want to stay I'd happily have Krul as our number one next season.

Edited by VillaChris

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

The Full backs would probably cost more than Buendia. Think Jamal Lewis has been linked to Liverpool given they lack cover for Robertson. Had a pretty poor game v Sarr.

Tbf if Heaton dosen't want to stay I'd happily have Krul as our number one next season.

I think that Krul is a very underrated keeper