Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

7 hours ago, ferguson1 said:

We don’t need to spend £10m plus on a 29/30 year old.  Although I do think Gayle, even on loan, would be guaranteed goals.

Karlan Grant is 22 years of age and can easily score enough goals or us.  Doubt Huddersfield could ask for such a high figure as they could be playing League One football soon.

If Boro keep declining I wouldn’t be against Britt Assombalonga.  27 years of age and proven at Championship level.  I very much doubt his fee would be as high as £10m.

We shouldn’t ignore someone like Ivan Toney either, 24 years of age, 24 goals this season.  Could do a job for us and very likely to improve. 

Karlan Grant & Tyrese Campbell (Stoke)

No to Assombalonga.

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Tyrese is a pacy fooker isn't he.

Yes pacy, Good attitude,  Good finisher too!! I tried get him into St Mirren on loan 3 years ago (When he was 17) along with Tyler Walker (Forest) before he went Mansfield on loan and smashed it, also tried get Tyrese into Tranmere last summer on loan

He''s got so much potential mate

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1

Just now, Villan4Life said:

Yes, Good finisher too!! I tried get him into St Mirren on loan 3 years ago along with Tyler Walker (Forest) before he went Mansfield on loan and smashed it, also tried get Tyrese into Tranmere last summer on loan

He''s got so much potential mate

He's got the genes his dad was a solid dependable striker. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sulberto21 said:

Waaaay quicker though even though Kevin Campbell was no slouch.

Personally i think Tyrese has lot more potential than Kevin ever had. I watched Stoke U23's number times and Ty impressed me when he signed from Man City £1.75mli in compo to City. As  he felt himself he could get in Stoke Team. So i suggested him to St Mirren in Dec 2017. on loan as they was after a tall forward on loan, that can score goal's, 

Believe he scored around 46 goals one season for Man City Youth. They was gutted lose him.

I've watched him number times including when at Shrewsbury twice i went when he was on loan there. Good potential.. Lot of Stoke fan's don't rate him... but lot are loving him last few month's

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Thanks 2

15 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Thank you - I'll have a listen.

It's odd, in that as far as I can tell, it's not quite formalised yet - the league have written to the PFA about their intention and the PFA have declared it 'illegal' on the basis that it is restricting the earning potential of its members, but it looks like they still want to push ahead. The difficulty for the Championship (and League's 1 & 2) is the interim period where most contracts were negotiated prior to any regulation and the effect that retrospectively imposing regulation on those contracts has - there's already talk of allowances for the relegated teams, the omission of players under 21 and special dispensations for contracts that were agreed in one division and will be regulated in another - it's a bit of a mishmash right now.

It's hard to see how they will be able to finalise and bring into play a full set of legislation and impose it on a competition that starts in seven weeks time - how on earth do Championship clubs make signings for a competition that's imminent without a full understanding of the limitations that will apply?

To me it looks like a mess waiting to happen.

Oh and as a note - if Stoke were relegated, they have individual players who earn more than the proposed squad limit for League One.

I stumbled upon it, and i found that its pretty informative re: football finance. And Maguire is like SwissRamble (on twitter) with finances. 

I definitely think it's going to be an absolute mess, and I don't see an end to it. How can the EFL go and tell the 3 relegated PL sides that they have to comply with a salary cap, and on the flip side, it would create an even bigger gap b/t Premier League finances/wages and the rest of EFL. And as you say, if they are given allowances, what's to stop the clubs remaining in the division from creating a bitter dispute over that. 

And yeah, the transfer window is already going to be a mess, how are they able to add a new set of rules in that time. 

14 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Gayle is 29 years old.

What is the issue with age? We signed Hogan when he was 24 and Kodj when he was 26 for 25m combined. We're not even going to get 20% of those fees back considering Kodj went to Qatar for hardly anything.

Seems people think we can make big money on anyone we signed for under 25 but we'd make some big losses if we moved on likes of Targett and Nakamba this summer I think.

In any case Grealish and Mings leaving will be 60m + and then you add in a few of the squad players moving on so we should raise enough.

Gayle and then a younger version like Toney or Karlan Grant is the most logical way of doing things. Keep Samatta aswell and loan out Davis for the season to another championship club as he's not going to develop enough by getting 10 minutes off the bench (and he's not good enough to be starting every week if we want to get top 2). Then Wesley will be fit around October and he'll be another option.

Edited by VillaChris

2 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

Personally i think Tyrese has lot more potential than Kevin ever had. I watched Stoke U23's number times and Ty impressed me when he signed from Man City £1.75mli in compo to City. As  he felt himself he could get in Stoke Team. So i suggested him to St Mirren in Dec 2017. on loan as they was after a tall forward on loan, that can score goal's, 

Believe he scored around 46 goals one season for Man City Youth. They was gutted lose him.

I've watched him number times including when at Shrewsbury twice i went when he was on loan there. Good potential.. Lot of Stoke fan's don't rate him... but lot are loving him last few month's

I remember Lambert giving him a few games when they got relegated from prem. Wasn't ready then but certainly come on at Stoke last six months.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Villaphan04 said:

Looking at the current Wigan, and I think that Joe Gelhardt might be one for us to go after. @Villan4Life have you looked at him? I've seen him being linked with a few other teams, and thought he might be a possibility. 

Think Gelhsardt and Jensen Weir are both going to Spurs mate! But he is a very good player

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, VillaChris said:

What is the issue with age? We signed Hogan when he was 24 and Kodj when he was 26 for 25m combined. We're not even going to get 20% of those fees back considering Kodj went to Qatar for hardly anything.

Seems people think we can make big money on anyone we signed for under 25 but we'd make some big losses if we moved on likes of Targett and Nakamba this summer I think.

In any case Grealish and Mings leaving will be 60m + and then you add in a few of the squad players moving on so we should raise enough.

Gayle and then a younger version like Toney or Karlan Grant is the most logical way of doing things. Keep Samatta aswell and loan out Davis for the season to another championship club as he's not going to develop enough by getting 10 minutes off the bench (and he's not good enough to be starting every week if we want to get top 2). Then Wesley will be fit around October and he'll be another option.

I think we'll probably break even on these guys tbh. The money we spent on them is nothing in the grand scheme of things and I don't think they've done too bad overall. Certainly can see a PL club thinking they might be worth a gamble to plug a couple of holes in the squad.

Not sure how many will leave, but apart from Luiz, I am really not bothered who goes. Hopefully we can keep it together and bounce back with some qulaity over quantity this time around.

I think we will be better off without Jack, I think he will be an even better player at a bigger club and it it will suit him. Aston Villa is a bigger club than Jack and the fact that we funnel everything through him shows how much its holding us back. Teams singing as one are always better than even the most brilliant individuals, and I just think its better for both parties now to concentrate on themselves to kick on for the longer term good.

• Like 2

Yes to Dwight Gayle

Need a proven goalscorer who will fire us up........ ive no confidence in the options weve got to do such a thing

Once were back up with be a decent squad option for a season

• Like 1

Can't imagine we'll be going into the Championship with £30m worth of strikers (+whatever Davis is worth) sitting on the bench and spend another £15-20m? to bring in Gayle. Especially in a 1 striker Smith system.

We need to fix the supply line and  get 2 good wide players in and a creative midfielder when Grealish leaves.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, sne said:

Can't imagine we'll be going into the Championship with £30m worth of strikers (+whatever Davis is worth) sitting on the bench and spend another £15-20m? to bring in Gayle. Especially in a 1 striker Smith system.

We need to fix the supply line and  get 2 good wide players in and a creative midfielder when Grealish leaves.

Wesley won't be back until October. As we saw when Kodj had his bad injuries he took months to get back into things and wasn't as good as before. We've seen with McGinn the problem of throwing players straight back in when they probably need 2-3 more weeks of training and practice games to really get firing.

So left with just Samatta, Davis and a 16 year old.

I'd also consider loaning Davis out. I thought it was an error we didn't do it in August. He's not going to develop enough here just getting 20 minute cameos every week,needs to be starting games.

Edited by VillaChris

4 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

Think Gelhsardt and Jensen Weir are both going to Spurs mate! But he is a very good player

ahhh they would've been perfect targets IMO. Also, i saw with Weir that he wanted to go Brighton but Spurs offered more? Very interested to see where some of the Wigan players end up. 

5 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

Didn't someone say that Jensen Weir (I've not heard of him to be honest) was going to Brighton?

• Like 1