Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

Whether we miraculously survive or get relegated we will need yet another rebuild. 

If we stay up - we need to drastically improve almost everywhere on the pitch. Even if we retain premier league status it’s clear Grealish is off and that’s a huge gap to fill. 

if we go down - we’ll undoubtedly lose our ‘better’ players who will need replacing. I imagine the likes of Grealish, Mings, Luiz, McGinn, Trezeguet, Targett and El Ghazi will all seek pastures new leaving our squad barren again. I imagine Wesley won’t want to play Championship either and will be loaned out/sold to a better League once fit.

Regardless, we’ll need to improve on the likes of Davis, Lansbury, Elmo, Hourihane (although he’ll be fine if relegated) 

the only thing that will remain if us poor suffering fans... 

2 hours ago, theboyangel said:

Whether we miraculously survive or get relegated we will need yet another rebuild. 

If we stay up - we need to drastically improve almost everywhere on the pitch. Even if we retain premier league status it’s clear Grealish is off and that’s a huge gap to fill. 

if we go down - we’ll undoubtedly lose our ‘better’ players who will need replacing. I imagine the likes of Grealish, Mings, Luiz, McGinn, Trezeguet, Targett and El Ghazi will all seek pastures new leaving our squad barren again. I imagine Wesley won’t want to play Championship either and will be loaned out/sold to a better League once fit.

Regardless, we’ll need to improve on the likes of Davis, Lansbury, Elmo, Hourihane (although he’ll be fine if relegated) 

the only thing that will remain if us poor suffering fans... 

If, as is looking most likely, we are in the Championship next season then almost certainly Grealish will go. The rest of them I would say are at best lower PL players who I’d hope we would, if we want to, retain fairly easily. They’ll be on very generous wages and will have contracts. Those that leave will leave for a decent fee and so can be replaced. 

The problem we have is who will be doing the replacing? If it’s Suso and we are working under the same, “buy value for the future”, that appears to have been our recruitment philosophy to date, then we may continue to struggle. We need a more balanced and pragmatic  approach that whilst keeping an eye on tomorrow doesn’t ignore today. We need to start well and build a solid base before we try to be too clever. Concentrate on winning games before we try to be Barcelona. When you’re winning games everything else becomes easier both on and off the pitch. But first you need to earn the right. Then you can play and recruit from a position of strength instead of continually playing catch up, like we are now. 

Edited by DaveAV1
  • Like 2

I think in terms of recruitment we need to sign players that are physical and aggressive because that’s we have lacked this season.

The first appointment is important which will be the DOF and the he will have a hand in appointing a suitable manager for the squad. 

They won’t have much time for recruitment which is why we cannot have a wholesale of players.

1 hour ago, sne said:

Would be delighted if we were not the slowest team in the league next season. When it comes to both feet and heads.

We really do need to sign a few players with pace going into next season. We are so pedestrian it’s unbelievable.

• Like 3

Apparently Watkins has got a £18m release clause, if Brentford don't go up then I think he'd be worth going for, some might say that we have no chane and a premier league club will be buying him, but I think if we're serious about not messing about and breaking the championship points total we have to go fo that level of player whatever it takes.

33 minutes ago, useless said:

Apparently Watkins has got a £18m release clause, if Brentford don't go up then I think he'd be worth going for, some might say that we have no chane and a premier league club will be buying him, but I think if we're serious about not messing about and breaking the championship points total we have to go fo that level of player whatever it takes.

Certainly a very good Championship forward who has potential to develop. Although he might be tough to get in. As you have said it is possible that Brentford will go up. Even if they don’t they may have interest from Premier League clubs.

1 hour ago, Killeen30 said:

We really do need to sign a few players with pace going into next season. We are so pedestrian it’s unbelievable.

Need to see Grealish then he stalls us like a tortoise on a slow mo drug.

4 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Glenn Murray anyone?

These are the type of players we need to go for, and move away from your £15m Kodjia’s and McCormacks.

From a Championship perspective , these big signings we’ve made in the past have rarely paid off for us. (And ultimately made us look stupid)

We need to reign it in, get a couple cheap but experienced players in (ie Murray, Gayle, Rodriguez etc) and get the morale boosted again with the squad we have.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dave-R said:

Need to see Grealish then he stalls us like a tortoise on a slow mo drug.

Well that's partly down to the players around him being vapid rather than rapid. No one makes any runs for him to pick out passes to.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, MCU said:

These are the type of players we need to go for, and move away from your £15m Kodjia’s and McCormacks.

From a Championship perspective , these big signings we’ve made in the past have rarely paid off for us. (And ultimately made us look stupid)

We need to reign it in, get a couple cheap but experienced players in (ie Murray, Gayle, Rodriguez etc) and get the morale boosted again with the squad we have.

Completely disagree

We sign Murray, gayle etc win the championship next year and then do what with them? They aren't playing PL games for us, they aren't being sold to anyone

We need young players to develop, we need the next Benrahma before anyone else gets him, we step up they step up and we keep going from there 

In reality that probably means we need players none of us have heard of 

Will be interesting to see a) how much money we will have to spend, and b) who our targets will be 

I think uts near guaranteed we are down now, so the points above will certainly be interesting.